Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I talk about oda, not shanks.
Didn’t know Kid raped odas wife or something what you want to imply.
Kid simply came to meet a man with the „burned mark“ and got attacked immediately by shanks pirates. Shanks literally send him
The message „drop your dream and all what ever matters for you, or I kill you“.
what options did he have?
dropping your dream is exactly what death in one piece resembles.
He did not give up his dream. He just got defeated. I bet it will be shanks who will save him from drowning. Kidd is not finished. Oda clearly has plan for him. Trust oda man.

Look i know it's hard to see considering all the trolling going on in here, but Oda doesn't care about fandoms or agendas or whatever lol

He made the character, he chose to make Kid be a big part of taking down BM and focus on him a substantial amount then had him come here to get destroyed.

So you can choose to believe that either a veteran author just randomly chose to spit in the face of a character he made for the lols or you can choose to believe he still has a plan for said character.
I truly don't think Oda is as personally invested in some of these characters as the fandom. Maybe some of the SHs, but probably not Kid.

The thing about Kid is that him losing is the point. If Kid won, then he would be the main character. But he isn't, so he has to lose.
That being said, I still think that there's scope to criticize how Oda writes Kid. But his loss isn't really the issue. Rather its the depth of the characters.

Kid is a very important character. Even through his loss. Yet he never got the attention he deserved in terms of development or screen time. Imo that's a much worse sin on Oda's part than him having Kid get oneshot, which is really whatever.

Kid plays a similar role in One Piece as Stannis Baratheon in GOT/ASOIF. Yet fans love Stannis while they hate Kid and constantly clown on him. Why is that? Because Loda is a mid writer. The dude literally gives more attention to filler Vegapunk traitor plot than he did to one of Luffy's rivals. As a result, One Piece lacks substance and its fandom is driven by powerscaling agendas rather than an actual appreciation for the story.

We always knew this but Shanks is wholesome as fuck.

- Has a lot of weak pirates in his fleet
- Treats them really good(based on the expressions in this chapter since i don't have many dialogues to read)
- Gets angry when something happen to them
- Worries about the state of his enemies before the fight.

Like bruh, this man is so lovable
Shanks protecting the fleet will cost him a lot when he fight Blackbeard . Like how oden try to save momo ..

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
He did not give up his dream. He just got defeated. I bet it will be shanks who will save him from drowning. Kidd is not finished. Oda clearly has plan for him. Trust oda man.
Even if kid gets saved. Destroying the Victoria punk like that is the biggest insult oda could take. Not even mentioning her worth for the crew. Just destroy it like random stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.