Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 1081, "Kuzan, Captain of the 10th ship of the Blackbeard Pirates"

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
@Roo Yeah this chapter really is starting to have me convinced that Smoker may join Luffy's crew after all. We do not know Kuzan's goals, but even Blackbeard convinces him by virtue of using the crew as an advantage to assumedly achieve his justice.

When you look at Smoker, hes been jaded by the Marines/WG every time we see him. Now hes conspicuously missing and not mentioned. This is gearing him up for a big entrance somewhere (imo Egghead) before directly allying with Luffy like Kuzan is with BB.

This also just supports that matchup potential in the endgame because they are closely tied together post Marineford and PH. It may be hard to believe, but I can see Shiryu and Laffite (for example) edging the former Admiral out when it comes time to fight Luffy's crew.

In this way, powerscaling generally doesnt matter because Luffy will likely have defeated Kizaru by then, and Akainu is stronger than Aokiji (he won the fight).

Overall, excited to see what happens with him here.

Yonko vs Admiral bros. Dont at me. Power is relative and Admirals are not equal to each other, same with Yonko, same with both combined.

Thr Yami Yami is supposed to negate DF hax completely. The ability to freeze someone to the bone shouldn't be any different
Teach can shut down DF powers by touching the user. And freezing isn't technically "hax" as in it being some kind of spell. Freezing is just your body being cooled down to low temperature. It's like asking whether Teach can undo being burned. He can suck up fire but not the effect that has already been done.

Then Teach isn't as OP as previously thought. It makes a huge difference
He could never fully nullify DF unless he was holding or touching the person .
Like when he counter WB he was touching him , when he was not touching him WB was able to do his moves .
The same with Ace and his fight .

If BB could nullify Ace DF fully then ace would have not been able to do anything in his fight but he was still using his powers .
We have not seen BB fully nullify a person DF unless he holding them .
No you don't get what I'm talking about
I'm saying BB Yami could nullify and undo the ice that trapped his crewmate ( referring to the first interaction where Teach ask Kuzan to free his frozen crewmate)
He doesn't need to touch Kuzan in person......

@Roo Yeah this chapter really is starting to have me convinced that Smoker may join Luffy's crew after all. We do not know Kuzan's goals, but even Blackbeard convinces him by virtue of using the crew as an advantage to assumedly achieve his justice.

When you look at Smoker, hes been jaded by the Marines/WG every time we see him. Now hes conspicuously missing and not mentioned. This is gearing him up for a big entrance somewhere (imo Egghead) before directly allying with Luffy like Kuzan is with BB.

This also just supports that matchup potential in the endgame because they are closely tied together post Marineford and PH. It may be hard to believe, but I can see Shiryu and Laffite (for example) edging the former Admiral out when it comes time to fight Luffy's crew.

In this way, powerscaling generally doesnt matter because Luffy will likely have defeated Kizaru by then, and Akainu is stronger than Aokiji (he won the fight).

Yonko vs Admiral bros. Dont at me. Power is relative and Admirals are not equal to each other, same with Yonko, same with both combined.
I’m kinda doubtful that Smoker would join the crew, but I’d 100% be all for it if he did

Yeeeesss, another Strawhat Smoker believer

I really feel Garp will die but I will cry that day
If Garp dies i think it makes perfect sense for world govt to eliminate pirates once and for all.

Garp is literally symbol of marine if he dies i feel wg has got good card.

I am betting on aokiji to lose but garp gets backstabbed by shiryuu .

Teach can shut down DF powers by touching the user. And freezing isn't technically "hax" as in it being some kind of spell. Freezing is just your body being cooled down to low temperature. It's like asking whether Teach can undo being burned. He can suck up fire but not the effect that has already been done.
I think Teach said his Darkness can suck in anything Light, lightning, Fire etc so that confused me