Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 1081, "Kuzan, Captain of the 10th ship of the Blackbeard Pirates"

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
In theory BB could nullify the ice isn't not??
:seriously:
He could save his crew that got frozen........Gura Gura was a petty excuses to show us the reason he can't, everybody knows he had other fruit that is better to deal with it , Loda strikes again, literally you can't use logic in this story.

He introduces a power that has specific roles and certain uses but yet when it is required he acted like that power is non-existent.
That's why haki is also inconsistent as hell.
Darkness doesn't work like that, just stops the user from using DF via Dark Vortex.

He can destroy the ice with darkness but it would destroy his crew as well.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
β€Ž
The good:

Pretty great chapter, it's been quite a while since I enjoyed a chapter considering the dead race in Egghead going nowhere...
Kuzan's flashbacks have always been top tier and this one is probably the best. Kuzan's design has also improved over pre-TS.
I dont think there is any hidden agenda about him being one of the Blackbeard Pirates, as Teach said - they have a common goal.

Whether they will ever betray each other if their goals no longer align is up in the air but for now, he is truly one of them.
The structure feels similar to Rocks' crew where they didnt like each other nor were friends and were simply united by a common goal.
That common goal is probably related to the top of the WG organization and Kuzan smelling there is something rotten in it.

The man with a burn scar doesnt seem to be Saul as initially thought. It looks like an unexpected big player, perhaps a clone of Xebec.
However, unlikely to be Xebec if he works for WG and all the pirates games are useless, as pointed out by Head Jailer, the brain of BBPs.
The conclusion of the battle on Winner Island went as expected, RPG delivery service has been fulfilled by both Law and Kidd.
What happens with them in the future will no longer play a big role. Sulong Bepo is impressive, too long he didnt get to fight long.

The bad:

Everything I assumed about Aokiji and Akainu seems to be true - they arent those guys.
Blitzed head-on and grabbed by the jaw by an old fart... This is the same thing I warned Law fans about when Smoker did it to him...
Imagine you get blitzed by Zoro... There is no way Law, Kuzan, Sakazuki can fight Zoro being that sloppy. Powerful fruits but that's it.

The Blackbeard Pirates aside from Shiryu and Lafitte... My god... They are being used as hype tools left and right by everyone...
I get it that their theme is lackluster and blindly believing in whatever fate got for them but being trashed at every chance is just silly.

Overall, fantastic chapter, really loved the flashback and the significance that is man with burn scar getting.
If he takes the RPG to the top of the Red Line, into Mariejois, the WG war isnt a final war.
It would be just a warm-up for PK race when whoever gets their hands on the 4th RPG after the big war.

Dragon has the final poneglyph.
- He has a burning scar
- He has the weather devil fruit: he uses it to make the giant whirpools and he used it to save Luffy in loguetown when Buggy tried to execute him
- His ship matches the description

How smart from Oda to hype both Garp and Dragon in the same chapter.

aokiji saying "it's maybe me" is foreshadowing that dragon got his scar from akainu
:memehm:

Law defeat 100 pirates
Pre Zou Sanji can defeat 1000 pirates/marines according to luffy so sanji>law
(Zolo 2000 doesnt count cause he managed himself and nobody else) its like when buggy says he is the strongest
Post automatically merged:

Where is Bogart? Garp wont be able to handle 5 titanic captains alone
He is him

Luffy is playing in kindergarten.

BB is a pro.
Luffy took 2 years with his crew to be sure he'd be there to protect each other together.
Blackbeard skirted around, running from real fights and manipulating situations in the shadows like the spineless rat he is, afraid to face the light.

Luffy being the sun that provides light and the rat the darkness, just makes it poetic.

Too much light, shadows don't exist anymore to hide in.

No you don't get what I'm talking about
I'm saying BB Yami could nullify and undo the ice that trapped his crewmate ( referring to the first interaction where Teach ask Kuzan to free his frozen crewmate)
He doesn't need to touch Kuzan in person......
That make no sense if BB could have done that he would have no needed for a antidote for Magellan poison .
He could just use he DF to undo poison effect but that was not the case.
BB can't cancel DF power that already get used on people , he can only fully nullify DF power if he touch you .
These people already frozen to the bone BB can't undo that with his DF .

The man with a burn scar doesnt seem to be Saul as initially thought. It looks like an unexpected big player, perhaps a clone of Xebec.
However, unlikely to be Xebec if he works for WG and all the pirates games are useless, as pointed out by Head Jailer, the brain of BBPs..
Dragon has the final poneglyph.
- He has a burning scar
- He has the weather devil fruit: he uses it to make the giant whirpools and he used it to save Luffy in loguetown when Buggy tried to execute him
- His ship matches the description

How smart from Oda to hype both Garp and Dragon in the same chapter.

Really Kuzan double crossing makes no sense after this. Blackbeard gave him the opportunity to act free.

Kuzan isn’t double crossing them, he’s clearly with them because BB allows him to enact the justice he wants

BB basically created the new rocks, the moment he falls the crew falls apart

I think Teach said his Darkness can suck in anything Light, lightning, Fire etc so that confused me
Yes. The distinction I see is:

Can be sucked in - can't be sucked in
Fire - the damage done from being burned
Lightning - the damage from being burned/shocked
Ice - your body being frozen

And being frozen to the bone isn't hax you can "break out". Garp btw. wasn't frozen to the bone but trapped in a block of ice, like Whitebeard. If you are frozen to the core, your heart and brain are also frozen, so you are probably unconscious and your body isn't functioning. Hence you can be shattered, as you are basically just a mass of ice.