• ๐ŸŒŸ ๐ŸŒŸ ๐ŸŒŸ

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • ๐ŸŒŸ ๐ŸŒŸ

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • ๐ŸŒŸ

Votes: 7 5.2%

• Total voters
Good point.

I think that the mass flooding killed 30-40%, and then another good number died during the war that followed. This assumes that the Void Century STARTED with the mass flood.

IMO, the World Government caused the Ancient Flood with the Ancient Machines, and then blamed it on the Ancient Kingdom.

After, the entire world went to war with the Ancient Kingdom, only to realize that they were the good guys when the war ended, and that the World Government were the ones who had caused the flood and war.

So, the flood started at the beginning of the Void Century, led to the war, and the Void Century (a war that destroyed history) finally ended with the war's end.

This would explain a lot, because if that led to 100 years of war, I can understand why the Gorosei and WG really want to avoid that from happening again.
Good point.

I think that the mass flooding killed 30-40%, and then another good number died during the war that followed. This assumes that the Void Century STARTED with the mass flood.

IMO, the World Government caused the Ancient Flood with the Ancient Machines, and then blamed it on the Ancient Kingdom.

After, the entire world went to war with the Ancient Kingdom, only to realize that they were the good guys when the war ended, and that the World Government were the ones who had caused the flood and war.

So, the flood started at the beginning of the Void Century, led to the war, and the Void Century (a war that destroyed history) finally ended with the war's end.

This would explain a lot, because if that led to 100 years of war, I can understand why the Gorosei and WG really want to avoid that from happening again.
Sound pretty logical. I like your point of view makes sense.

Were you expecting something more crazy than 70-80% of the World being destroyed?
the world flooding again is an actual reveal, the hints af the world being damaged/rearranged (log poses for example) were subtle early in the comic, but hints got more blatant post-TS.
"joyboy was the first pirate" is mid.
we're either getting one more (better) reveal at the end of the speech, or we're getting half of one when the broadcast gets cut

We have been directly told that ancient weapons can reshape the world, and we also knew they were used in the void century. Tons of people dying as a byproduct is also not very surprising considering the current government casually performs genocide all the time.

So to me this more of a "ahhhh that makes sense" reveal than a "HOLY SHIT NO WAY" reveal.

Bummed out if no aliens, Prof. Clover's planet diagram lives rent free in my head.
But its hard to have the "HOLY SHIT NO WAY" reaction when we theorized almost every possibility

Just read the chapter (despite it coming out a couple days ago lol). That was excellent.

1. Good cameos for all the side characters we've seen up until now. One of the things I've always loved about One Piece is how "lived in" the world feels, and this chapter shows that off really well.
2. Void Century lore. Nothing was told that we couldn't have already inferred, but it was still nice.
3. Nusjuro cutting the island was dope. Nothing crazy to say about it, but it was nice. Wonder what's gonna happen with the Sunny now. Also now that the Seraphim are seemingly coming back into the arc, I wonder what's gonna happen with S-Bear and Bonney.
4. It's a small moment, but I liked that interaction between Stussy and Kaku. If they both survive this arc (Crazy that I'm actually saying this in regard to One Piece after how many side characters died in Egghead), I hope the two of them become buddies.

All in all great chapter. After how JJK has been recently, it's very refreshing to have a weekly manga I've been following for this long be consistently good.

Bro couldnโ€˜t kill character from Jaya arc.

If Kaidoโ€˜s โ€ždreamโ€œ was to โ€ždieโ€œ then Luffy surely didnโ€˜t fulfill it since Luffy is a dream-destroyer.

Also technically Kaidoโ€˜s goal was to bring down the WG into the Abyss (kinda)
Just because bro couldn't kill a character from Jaya doesn't guarantee Kaidou return.

Place your bets here that Oda will come with a crazy reveal at the end of Vegapunk's message aside from what was plausible to us already. I LOVED the chapter, because getting answers about the Void Century is super hype and I live for Lore Piece, BUT! We haven't found out what most poneglyphs actually say yet and we still have Robin who can read poneglyphs and is still alive. Vegapunk is a genius and has deciphered some key things about the Void Century, but he has also made his conclusion based on logic, and not on proven facts or poneglyph texts about the actual cause of the rise of the sea level. Sure, he'll probably be right, but I don't think we're out of the woods just yet. Whatever ends up being the answer, we're definitely in hype territory right now and I'm SO here for the ride!

Even if all of the reveals end up what we've theorized throughout the years, it's so exciting that we're finally getting to the endgame of this awesome story!! Read One Piece, listen to its music and have a great time, everyone <3

Cheers!
:lusnipe: