Spoiler One Piece Chapter 972 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
why the hell is Kaido cooperating and helping Orochi anyway?
Well because he belongs to kurozumi clan which once part of wano.

To kaido it doesn't matter what wano citizens think but how outside world sees wano.

Orochi is a perfect face to hide his act of building smiles and an army of zoans. If he puts king then to outside world it would be like taking over wano and giving world government reason to interfere.

But with orochi as Shogun he can not Only continue to extract all resources and build army but he can also put World gov at bay because wg can't simply take over such huge country under a legit rule of his Shogun as it will portray them in bad light to outside world.

Also, they still fear that wano samruais are under orochi.... whatever info they have is because of Drake

Orochi around when any pawn can serve the role of dummy shogun.
Is orochi a dummy though? Remember the tricking Oden for five years plan was ENIRELY Orochi's. Not even the old hag came up with it. And Kaido admits that this sort of saved his ass five years ago.

Also it's implied the old hag's momonosuke plan was ALSO Orochi's doing so that's ANOTHER time you would argue Orochi isn't a dummy and saved Kaido's bacon

Of course Orochi is fodder in combat but he certainly doesn't seem that dumb.

Even in present days he had a whole chapter of him dismantling the alliance's plans again with Kaido have nothing to do with

He said that he doesn't want to know pirates are in Wano so I guess he keeps Orochi as Shogun...if the WG would know a powerful country like Wano is ruled by pirates they would attack them while like this he can do his business and let Orochi play his little games (as long as he gets what she wants ofc)
Or it can be that they're rly friends lol
The government definitely knows Kaido is in Wano. .. I mean fuckin drake is right there

I'm still wondering why did oden encourage Kaido to get "as strong as he can"?

Like, does he think he will play a big part for the bigger picture (The gigantic war)?

Or does he think that Kaido becoming as strong as he can, will help in making this "individual character" who will show up in future, to grow a lot in strength? In a way like, the stronger Kaido gets, the better for this individual, because he will get stronger accordingly!

Or is it just Oden dissing Kaido?

Or what!
I'd love to know the reason behind him encouraging Kaido to get stronger!

to be honest slowly i believe Law is gonna join Luffy to the end of his journey, he played the biggest role in directing Luffy to Wano and against Kaido ,something that was fated to begin with.
so the Roger pirates and Oden knew about the exact time when the next Joy boy will appear.

Where was that implied?
Well Orochi celebrates in his banquet saying "I defeated Oden"... I mean we all knew it wasn't a combat feat that Orochi used but he definitely thinks it was him who took out Oden and the obuy possible way he could be this sure of himself is if he actually had a direct hand in Oden losing which was due to the old hag

Also Kin'emon's Luffy's rations to the Oden story cite Oden as the an underhanded guy in this whole thing

Also Orochi directly ordered for momonosuke's death before Oden got there and it's possible that's when Old hag got Momonosuke's face so this entire thing still starts with Orochi's orders

Point is it can be argued that this was orochi"s plan all along and surely the argument alone debunks Orochi being a dummy

Hell even if the old hag is the one who started this 40 years ago, it was Orochi who still managed to lie and manipulate Oden And Yasu into stealing the money he used. This man is not dumb

So it seems Oden's soul might literally be still somewhere right? That’s neat if confirmed
Yeah. Oden line about "you can forget me, but my soul will live on"
It can be something about "inherited will" or at least something a bit tied with it. As Oden knows the secrets of the world.
And it's somewhat a bit linked to WB's last words about the wills being passed down since ancient times.

So.. it's really an intriguing thing to consider, and to ave some theories built around it with more info in the future.
Post automatically merged:

The first two desciple
And the two I'm expecting to have the MOST significance in the upcoming war alongside Asura Douji from retainers.

Yeah, I feel that (Asura/Kinemon/Denjiro) have been highlighted the MOST among the 9 retainers, which makes me think that they will have the biggest roles in the upcoming war. Yes, you heard it, Kinemon will play bigger role than Neku, Inu and Kawamatsu.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Also Orochi directly ordered for momonosuke's death before Oden got there and it's possible that's when Old hag got Momonosuke's face so this entire thing still starts with Orochi's orders
That was 5 years ago. Back when Momo was 3. The old hag mimicked a 8 year old Momo.

Also Kin'emon's Luffy's rations to the Oden story cite Oden as the an underhanded guy in this whole thing
Luffy reacted to Oden being executed as a criminal. And besides, Orochi did a lot of underhanded things to Oden. Heck, Kin'emon heard Shinobu's cries about how Kaido and Orochi tricked Oden into dancing for 5 years.

but my soul will live on"
It can be something about "inherited will
We already saw this in Wano with Kawamatsu talking about how swordsmen's souls reside in their swords and their will is inherited by their comrades who pick up the swords and fight for their fallen's goals.

Figures Oden says to give his swords to his kids and so now it's up to Momo and Zoro

That was 5 years ago. Back when Momo was 3. The old hag mimicked a 8 year old Momo.

Luffy reacted to Oden being executed as a criminal. And besides, Orochi did a lot of underhanded things to Oden. Heck, Kin'emon heard Shinobu's cries about how Kaido and Orochi tricked Oden into dancing for 5 years.
Alright but there's still more to support that Orochi is somewhat clever than there is to say he's not

Status
Not open for further replies.