Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 978: Introducing the Tobi Roppo

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to reading the chapter. A nice setup chapter, and I like the personalities of the flying six. A fun bunch to be sure. Kinemon and Kanjuro seem to be leading the charge with Kinemon's df being of great importance for going in unnoticed. And of course Queens there is to liven up the chapter with his ridiculousness. I can't wait to see what's next!

Seems like being stronger(Queen) is not enough to earn the respect of the Flying six....

:few:

And the way all react when the " family issues " subject is brought.....

Kaido son can really end up being a dumbass
:josad:

Or a powerful dumbass?

:choppawhat:
Nah it ok to talk shit about your crew mates in a dark way unless you really goes to far and queens will say the same thing about them as well lol

The Viz pretty much clears my questions up, except Kaido's "family matter". Imagine calling in the Tobi Roppo just to wrangle up your son.
  • Kaido's mansion is at the back of the skull, not at the bottom which didn't line up with Sanji's mental diagram. People were starting to speculate about the alliance descending into an Impel Down situation.
  • Kin'nemon thinks Kanjuro hasn't reported yet. No suspicions they are willingly walking into a trap.
  • All the Tobi Roppo making those reactions was telling Ulti to shut it. Do NOT poke the Kaido, little girl.
  • Ulti and Page One being siblings is adorable. She is overprotective and affectionate, and he's rightfully humiliated by it.
  • Ulti seems to emphasize words that shouldn't be emphasized. Like a lot. Black Maria talks about Ulti snapping at anyone. I assume that's her own speech quirk besides just picking up gutter language recently.
  • Pay-pay though? That seems like a nickname Ulti would use for her Onlyfans.

So even Sasaki is calling Page One by a nickname. Ouch, Page One the drag down is real. :josad:
It would be funny if Ulti made up this nickname for her brother just now and Sasaki carried on the joke.

The Gifters crack me up every time. Poor girl fused and beholden to the actions of a gorilla. Still, a thin-looking ordinary lady with the punching power of a great ape is a big upgrade. And then my man in the back with his upper body stuck in the head of a giraffe. Hey, Kaku made it work somehow.

Yooo, Millet Pine from the Roger Pirates became a Beast Pirate!

Anyway, so the Headliners are all Gifters. Except Hawkins, Scotch, and whatever the heck Apoo is. Whitebeard's ally captains and Big Mom ministers had dozens of named fighters with no special abilities whatsoever, they wield swords or clubs or punch hard. It's actually very interesting to see this faction of Kaido's crew is entirely made up of people with special abilities. Imagine if Whitebeard's 42 ally captains all had animal abilities, instead of just Epoida the caterpillar.

The Headliners look much more functional compared to the Gifters above. No wonder they got promoted. Big man up front gained extra arms. Twin sister of gorilla gifter gained an extra set of gorilla arms in her back that she probably has full control of. Dobon seems to be an extra special case, there is no other Headliners anywhere near as messed up as him. In the end, the SMILEs really do pay off at the cost of some easily replaceable fodder.

I don't know how strong the Flying Six are (Drake has to show more in particular) and I won't speculate, but it's pretty interesting reading the Viz in which Sasaski seems to view Drake as an obstacle on his level or better from his wording while he doesn't think Page One is up to it.

Is Who's Who up to something? It would be interesting...

We need the Son Reveal and Numbers Reveal, but everything at its pace as usual.

That aside, this was a great chapter, and I'm ready for more.

I wonder if Who's Who is really the strongest or he is just too proud of himself

Who knows

Can't wait for more feats or even more portrayal
Nah he just overstimate himself like a typical villain do...i have a feeling that ulti might the strongest among them she basically dont a give shit about coversation on who gonna replace queen...oda is hiding her hype tho....

I see X-Drake more along base Sanji level (no RS). If WW is stronger I can see him around Niji/Ichiji/Vergo level. So YC3.5. Although, Urouge who was portrayed ~ X-Drake pre-TS, was "YC3.5" since he beat Snack a "YC4".

Imo, if the Vinsmokes show up the matchups will be:

Ichiji or Judge vs. Who's Who
Niji vs. Sasaki

Ulti vs. Reiju
Yonji vs. Page One (both got off screened by Sanji)

Tbh Ulti and P1 reminded me of Reiju and Yonji

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.