Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 978: Introducing the Tobi Roppo

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the strongest fighters will fight more than one executive from the Beast Pirates like when Luffy fought Blueno first before Lucci and the other time where he defeat Cracker first before engaging Katakuri. My guess here is that Luffy will easily defeat Jack before fighting Kaido because among the top guns of the Beast Pirates, Jack had already displayed what he's capable of and at the same time, he's too big to be fought by weaker members of the alliance while it's a waste of time to invest several chapters depicting him fighting someone high tier.

It's funny how Ulti is sitting so politely but is trashtalking everyone simultaneously. She'd probably insult Kaido in his face while bowing to him xD. But like some wise men said it already let's not cross that road.

And I can't understand what's actually going on. Ulti talks about Kaido's family matter, maybe about his son? Maybe another wedding? But Sasaki talks about Kaido's demand from them. It's a bit confusing.

@Buusatan94
I check up the chapter and the alliance still think about a war against a Yonkou. I don´t know if this is a translation error or something.
They know about the alliance with Big mom, but in that case if the translation are right they don´t know that Big mom is right now with Kaido on Onigashima!!! The plan is still the same with beaten the Beast pirates but they don´t count the Big mom pirates into the plan which is kinda strange. This gonna be end very into a disaster if my theory becaming true.

Pretty good chapter. The Original Trio looked good in their new costumes, but it looks like when stuff gets real, we’ll go back to the way they looked right before heading to Onigashima.

Onigashima itself looked real good, as did the Tobbi Roppo. Drake and Black Maria are the coolest of them in my opinion, though Sasaki looks pretty cool, and I think the elite Gifters were introduced for a reason, maybe enemies for the weaker SH’s? Though I’m holding out hope Nami fights Black Maria. Also think Drake being asked first about whether he’d be a calamity in the event of Queen’s death shows that he’s probably the strongest of the Tobbi Roppo.

Favorite part of the chapter was Jinbe’s line though. “If we win or die, we should be proud to have challenged a Yonko!” Just a cool like, I think. Want to see the official translation of it.

Excited for the next chapter, whenever that may come.

@Buusatan94
I check up the chapter and the alliance still think about a war against a Yonkou. I don´t know if this is a translation error or something.
They know about the alliance with Big mom, but in that case if the translation are right they don´t know that Big mom is right now with Kaido on Onigashima!!! The plan is still the same with beaten the Beast pirates but they don´t count the Big mom pirates into the plan which is kinda strange. This gonna be end very into a disaster if my theory becaming true.
It could be a translation error, though it's possible that the samurais are completely unaware of who Big Mom is and that she is as strong as Kaido due to Wano isolation. Anyway it's surely going to severely bite them in the ass.
That would be even worse that Nami not telling the other Straw Hats and their allies about Kuma on Thriller Bark.

in the korean raw scans, Page One said : "야아 진짜 그만하라고 누나!!" (ya!! Jinjja geumanharago nuna!! ) which means "really, please knock it off, big sis!".

the word equivalent to nuna/big sis isnt present in both english and french scanlations. Instead, they just wrote it as "Shut up!!" . I'd suggest for us to wait till the official drops, but if we based it on the dialogues and panels, it's pretty obvious that the two of them are siblings.

in the korean raw scans, Page One said : "야아 진짜 그만하라고 누나!!" (ya!! Jinjja geumanharago nuna!! ) which means "really, please knock it off, big sis!".

the word equivalent to nuna/big sis isnt present in both english and french scanlations. Instead, they just wrote it as "Shut up!!" . I'd suggest for us to wait till the official drops, but if we based it on the dialogues and panels, it's pretty obvious that the two of them are siblings.
How's the Korean version of the question that Black maria asks Drake?
Read that she never asked him about the calamity rank in the french version

Luffy counted big mom last chapter
He said that he want to kick first Kaido ass and then Orochi and then Big mom.
Why he didn´t say both Kaido+Big mom? I think the alliance don´t know that Big mom is right now in Onigashima, I check up all the last four chapters and not in single word they mentionend about Big mom beeing in Onigashima.
They still speak about to defeat Kaido, probably they don´t know that Big mom and her force are right now in Onigashima.

The scabbards were just so bad, lol. 70 chapters focused on them was painful. Hopefully now we focus on the characters that are actually loved by the fans that people had been looking forward to for years. I'm certainly interested again at least. Praying for a full Goda comeback.
Preach dude. F the scabbards, hopefully majority of them dies, Kinemon being a frontrunner.

Status
Not open for further replies.