Spoiler One Piece Chapter 980 Spoilers Discussion

Who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Oda did some really retarded shit this chapter just to fit the stereotype of the strawhats. Yes the SHs are a rowdy bunch that do whatever the fck they want but still, he coulda made them causing a ruckus this chapter a lot more sensible (for example like with holdem). Just feels like they did it for the hell of it which rubs me the wrong way. I mean did Luffy really have to use an elephant gun on that one fodder dude...lolz...like even if he didn't want to use CoC he coulda smacked the guy in base and people coulda just passed it off as drunkards going at it. Heck he's fast enough to smack him without him noticing too. Plus Zoro cutting the tower was also pretty retarded. Like why!? In order to find Luffy? even tho he knew he had to be discreet about it.
I think the point is, Luffy has never, and will never be "covert". He's there to beat Kaido. it doesn't matter who sees him in the end.

People need to relax.

- First of all it was a blindside attack so Luffy’s FS wouldn’t really work in this situation also he was anything but calm in this chapter.

- We don’t know how powerful Apoo’s AP is, the one time we saw this guy attack someone was against a logia so the attack was nullified. We have no idea how much damage this guy is capable of doing with his D.F.

- Next we don’t know how strong Apoo is we know that the B.P Hierarchy is entirely strength based but we don’t know if he’s had an opportunity to get a promotion.

- Lastly both Luffy and Zoro are fine at the end of the chapter. Neither of them were even trying this chapter as well.

yj

👑YNWA 👑
Have you read any other arc in one piece before? This stuff happens with Luffy all the time lol. Why be bothered by it?

I think he has mastered it, but the masteryover it isn’t the point.

How many times have we seen that CoO doesn’t matter if you can’t stop whats coming? Skypeia, Luffy vs Boa sisters, Luffy vs Katakuri...what would FS have showed Luffy, what would he have seen, that would have allowed him to dodge that, not knowing how Apoo’s ability works? Would it have shown him the physical sound wave? How was he supposed to stop sound when he didn’t know it was the source and wouldn’t have seen it anyway? Trashing FS doesn’t make any sense here.

Uh, no, he didn’t. I’m still talking shit about Zoro. Luffy’s contended with people higher than any Supernova, and will be fighting Kaido. Zoro has struggled against sn level opponents. My initial foray into this was that Zoro was not stronger than Law. This hasn’t changed.
the salt is real with you. zoros on the front lines saving and fighting alongside his captain while laws no where to be seen. we Just got confirmation zoros fighting kaido too. He won’t leave his captains side. Take ur tears somewhere else

If you read what luffy says after he gets hit. He was surprised. Which means Apoo attack is hard to track.
Yes write this in my previous post too, it seems like even Luffy was surprise when he get hit by Apoo like" why I didn't see this attack coming?" when he said "I was hit?". Probably Apoo sound ability blocking CoO overall, it would make sense why Kizaru didn't see that attack coming in SA.

People need to relax.

- First of all it was a blindside attack so Luffy’s FS wouldn’t really work in this situation also he was anything but calm in this chapter.

- We don’t know how powerful Apoo’s AP is, the one time we saw this guy attack someone was against a logia so the attack was nullified. We have no idea how much damage this guy is capable of doing with his D.F.

- Next we don’t know how strong Apoo is we know that the B.P Hierarchy is entirely strength based but we don’t know if he’s had an opportunity to get a promotion.

- Lastly both Luffy and Zoro are fine at the end of the chapter. Neither of them were even trying this chapter as well.
Well said, tbh I had zero issues with this chapter save for apparently the first half being mostly Luffy foddering Pleasures/Waiters.

I think the point is, Luffy has never, and will never be "covert". He's there to beat Kaido. it doesn't matter who sees him in the end.
And the result of that it that it makes it feel like Luffy's character growth is in-existent which is pretty sad given all his experiences thus far. It also hurts Zoro as well as he's supposed to be this dude that keeps Luffy in check and is more serious/sensible. Zoro getting lost is fine but him cutting a tower for no goddamn reason doesn't make any sense. Now as a result of the commotion they caused they will most likely get capture and Luffy is already ko'ed after taking just a few steps into the castle...lolz

The problem here is in order to predict Apoo's attack with CoO, one should not focus on the surrounding but of yourself because even though you can predict the direction of a sound attack, it is still invisible. So it is better to see the future where what you will focus on is what the attack is going to do to you so you can concoct a countermeasure based on the condition your future self will encounter.

And the result of that it that it makes it feel like Luffy's character growth is in-existent which is pretty sad given all his experiences thus far. It also hurts Zoro as well as he's supposed to be this dude that keeps Luffy in check and is more serious/sensible. Zoro getting lost is fine but him cutting a tower for no goddamn reason doesn't make any sense. Now as a result of the commotion they caused they will most likely get capture and Luffy is already ko'ed after taking just a few steps into the castle...lolz
I think he cut the tower because he got lost in it lul

Status
Not open for further replies.