Spoiler One Piece Chapter 980 Spoilers Discussion

Who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's bs. Oda has repeatedly stated he didn't feel Luffy was ready to beat a Yonko over and over. He gave Luffy 2 major power ups in a row, because he thought he "can't beat such a strong guy yet" after Dressrosa.

No he's only going to fight Kaido and Big Mom. :milaugh:
I'm not talking about the main character. Logical increases in power are good. I'm even arguing that it's too early for Kaido to go down this arc via a solo from Luffy because Katakuri -> Kaido is not a reasonable increase in strength, it's fucking monumental and tbh, very unrealistic compared to the beginning of the arc.

I'm mainly pointing out your logical fallacy in using a dumb example where Doflamingo uses Parasite on Joz, to which we have no idea what happened afterwards, it's like 2 panels. Joz himself didn't even give a fuck that he got ensnared.

Somehow, you compare Law to Urogue, when neither have had any sort of interaction that could make you assume Law is stronger than Urogue or vice versa. Somehow Law is stronger than Snack, but couldn't defeat Doflamingo? Somehow Doflamingo is stronger than Snack because poor examples you give?

I'm not arguing that any of that isn't true, I'm arguing that your points and examples are pure garbage because OP doesn't have clear cut examples for you to make those arguments in the first place. Fucking Luffy won against Enel by advantage alone. He took out Crocodile by exploiting a weakness. Yet we'd say that Crocodile or Enel were weaker than Lucci if he didn't have those advantages?

Last edited:
Law had to act being dead to hit Doflamingo with Gammaknife.
He only needed to do this because doffy limited his ability to use room. Law normally uses either shambles or environmental control to create openings.

After doffy removed laws arm he couldn't use it the normal way. He was holding a sword to defend against doffy string attacks. An obviously trebol was helping him. Which why he made that plan. Zoro not as agile as doffy anyway. Neither does he have the same know how, when it comes to the op op fruit.
Law is strong but Zoro is objectively stronger. Superior swordsmanship, superior physical strength, attack speed and haki.
portrayal since PH said the opposite tho, zoro best cutting feats was out done by law. in a direct comparison vs doffy/fuji zoro was irrelevant, law was a game changer. He out guns zoro in mobility, versatility, range, and can be one shot by hax.

Basically no reason to think zoro was or is stronger....

I'm not talking about the main character. Logical increases in power are good. I'm even arguing that it's too early for Kaido to go down this arc via a solo from Luffy because Katakuri -> Kaido is not a reasonable increase in strength, it's fucking monumental and tbh, very unrealistic compared to the beginning of the arc.

I'm mainly pointing out your logical fallacy in using a dumb example where Doflamingo uses Parasite on Joz, to which we have no idea what happened afterwards, it's like 2 panels. Joz himself didn't even give a fuck that he got ensnared.

Somehow, you compare Law to Urogue, when neither have had any sort of interaction that could make you assume Law is stronger than Urogue or vice versa. Somehow Law is stronger than Snack, but couldn't defeat Doflamingo? Somehow Doflamingo is stronger than Snack because poor examples you give?

I'm not arguing that any of that isn't true, I'm arguing that your points and examples are pure garbage because OP doesn't have clear cut examples for you to make those arguments in the first place. Fucking Luffy won against Enel by advantage alone. He took out Crocodile by exploiting a weakness. Yet we'd say that Crocodile or Enel were weaker than Lucci if he didn't have those advantages?
Mate, it's all comparative power scaling. (Mainly where stuff like "Admiral level" or "Commander level" stems from). Yes, wins can be "unfair" but when Oda establishes a NARRATIVE, you can't fuck with that.

Doflamingo > Law (that was narratively clear)
Law/Kid/Luffy are Top 3 Supernovas, hence Law > Urouge (narratively clear)
Urouge > Snack (Brulee praising his win, and Snack sighing at the Worst Generation)

To argue that these characters can't fight Commanders is simply dumb. Cracker is irrelevant, because Oda never established a NARRATIVE. With Luffy and Katakuri, he did however, and by the end of WCI, Oda considered Luffy > Katakuri.

It's an attack from Enraged Kidd and sneak attack

Expecting some blood or it'll make Kidd look bad

Like how the dude gonna hit Kaido if he can't do much to Apooo with a serious sneak attack?
Thats not a serious Sneak attack. Thats base Kidd. He didn't even use Haki. We seen Kidd use a form called punk rotten. I doubt this attack is even stronger than a no haki G3 attack.

Mate, it's all comparative power scaling. (Mainly where stuff like "Admiral level" or "Commander level" stems from). Yes, wins can be "unfair" but when Oda establishes a NARRATIVE, you can't fuck with that.

Doflamingo > Law (that was narratively clear)
Law/Kid/Luffy are Top 3 Supernovas, hence Law > Urouge (narratively clear)
Urouge > Snack (Brulee praising his win, and Snack sighing at the Worst Generation)

To argue that these characters can't fight Commanders is simply dumb. Cracker is irrelevant, because Oda never established a NARRATIVE. With Luffy and Katakuri, he did however, and by the end of WCI, Oda considered Luffy > Katakuri.
Uh, when the fuck was it EVER established that Luffy/Kid/Law were the top 3 supernova? Because they received the most screentime/focus? See, like I said, you are using your own assumptions to make this comment. Nowhere has it ever been shown that Law or Kid are over any other Supernova. You can ASSUME all you want, but it's not written proof into the story. The only person we know is logically stronger than everyone else is Luffy. He beat Doflamingo when Law couldn't. He beat 2 stronger sweet Commanders than Kid or Urogue (both implied to be Snack).

So I ask again, what justifiable example in the narrative tells you that Law is stronger than Urogue lol? We've gotten like 20 pages max of Urogue since he was introduced lmao

Lmfao Law had Doflamigo beat but for an emergency surgery which only he would be able to do, the only person in the entire world, and you think DR Zoro would destroy law?

This place is a 24/7 circus.
What I read is "law got his shit pushed in by a G, and you think DR Zoro would destroy law?" And I mean that might not be a fair conclusion to be made but Zoro did get a flawless victory against a Vergo level dude and managed to get up from Fujitora. Maybe if Law got a new sword or did anything related to getting stronger...

Thats not a serious Sneak attack. Thats base Kidd. He didn't even use Haki. We seen Kidd use a form called punk rotten. I doubt this attack is even stronger than a no haki G3 attack.
Punk Rotten a "Form"?
Who confirmed that?

All I saw is Oda showing Kidd torso and shoulders without showing full design or extremeties, it could have been an attack with both arms for all we know

Uh, when the fuck was it EVER established that Luffy/Kid/Law were the top 3 supernova? Because they received the most screentime/focus? See, like I said, you are using your own assumptions to make this comment. Nowhere has it ever been shown that Law or Kid are over any other Supernova. You can ASSUME all you want, but it's not written proof into the story. The only person we know is logically stronger than everyone else is Luffy. He beat Doflamingo when Law couldn't. He beat 2 stronger sweet Commanders than Kid or Urogue (both implied to be Snack).

So I ask again, what justifiable example in the narrative tells you that Law is stronger than Urogue lol? We've gotten like 20 pages max of Urogue since he was introduced lmao
Since the conception of the 3 Supernova

Denying Luffy/Law/Kid are the Top 3 Supernova is plainly dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.