Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 981 : "Engagement"

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
by the way, has anyone else noticed how Who's Who crew look like Captain Kuro's Black Cat Pirates crew? they're all dressed almost the same...

When I saw black cats, I also remembered Kuro of the black cat pirates
Lol

Regardless of Who's who identity, I would love it if he's an actual character we met before, otherwise there will not be any point in:

1- Naming him "Who's who"
2- Having a mask

It will be totally meh, if he's a new character honestly!

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
When I saw black cats, I also remembered Kuro of the black cat pirates
Lol

Regardless of Who's who identity, I would love it if he's an actual character we met before, otherwise there will not be any point in:

1- Naming him "Who's who"
2- Having a mask

It will be totally meh, if he's a new character honestly!
It's Gin yoi:laughmoji:

"tHeRe'S A bRoTHeL"

"hOokERs aRe CaLliNg mE"

"nO HooKeRS":yasu::yasu:

Sanji looking for hookers while Luffy Zoro Kid and Killer are heading towards Kaido.
"nOoooOOOOo solo iZ rUnnInG aWAY fRoM FODDerS lmao lol lolloll"
Pussy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crossing swords

Great chapter, especially since there's no break this week.

One day Oda will give me Jinbei in a colourspread again. Guess him, Robin and Franky are too mature for clubs.

Very happy with how Apoo was treated this chapter, a part of me did think with how Oda’s done fights recently he'd be done with that hit, but he's still going strong and gave as good as he got. Sadly I suspect he's going to end up a Luffy cheerleader in the end, when he sees that someone actually can beat a Yonko. The Dream Team is still going strong though, hope they stick together for a good while. Also RIP to “Kamazou was a brainwashed mess”, which never made much sense with how he was shown anyway. He wasn't at his best mentally, sure but still fully cognisant and aware of what he was doing, thinking it could save Kid.

I'm confidant that what I said about the Numbers was true now- they aren't as big a deal as the TR. That was quite a low-key proper introduction for Oda’s standards, compare it to what the TR got with the big cliffhanger entrance. The Numbers have hypetool written all over them- but the question of what they actually are is still an interesting one.

And I think we should all have a moments applause for Who’s Who and his scantily clad cat girls. A pirate who understands the joys of piracy, that's a good man. Smilodon or Lion DF given the cat theme of his crew? Also interesting that it seems there's a load of individual hatreds between the TR and the Calamities.

Vinsmoke Sanji, canonically, couldn't get laid in a whorehouse. Deviant. I think “attempting to abandon the war with the Yonko to get laid by hookers” is up there with “having tea with Kalifa while Robin was getting dragged by the hair to a life of torture and his crew were fighting for their lives” in the list of Sanji’s worst moments.

Bad feeling about a O-Lin return here. I'm trying to remember- does BM actually know who Chopper is? She doesn't remember her hunger rampages, where she definitely ran into him. Chopper was hiding in the MW at the initial rampage, and I think he only jumped out and needed saved by Germa when she was still catatonic over seeing Mother Carmel’s picture. She might be under the impression still that he's just a pet and try to abduct him for being unique.

Or she might try to eat him. Who knows.

And my big question of “how's Oda going to resolve the BM Pirates has been resolved in hilarious fashion.” At this point the BM Pirates should just back it in and join Buggy’s Circus, cause they are actual Loony Tunes villains. Wonder what's happened with Weevil with the Warlords being dissolved and Marco feeling free to come to Wano. Their ship has a elephant figurehead, which is a nice little touch as it's from Zou. Still on the Zoro vs King train, but I'm not going to lie, would like to see Marco vs King at least have a clash.

Obligatory mention that Flampe is the Best fucking character Oda has ever made and I hope she shine this time.
fix two error you made

Okay chapter. The BM pirates are a joke again for some reason. I guess, their power is so great that they simply can't let them reach Wano.
It sucks that Oda is making the BMP fall down again, but some people should realize that Oda isn't trying to make them look like jokes. He's trying to keep them away because of plot, some people want to bash on the BMP but it's Oda who messed up here. There was plenty of time for the BMP to hear about the alliance and enter Wano, yet Oda decided to drag it out because of plot and storyline purposes and imo I think he could have handled this in a much more better way.

It sucks that Oda is making the BMP fall down again, but some people should realize that Oda isn't trying to make them look like jokes. He's trying to keep them away because of plot, some people want to bash on the BMP but it's Oda who messed up here. There was plenty of time for the BMP to hear about the alliance and enter Wano, yet Oda decided to drag it out because of plot and storyline purposes and imo I think he could have handled this in a much more better way.
Its obvious for anyone with a functioning brain. Oda is lazy and a meh writer honestly.

With the Bmps get take out again act 3 can became now interesting to the point where the Bmps arrive in Onigashima and beeing the gamechanger who lead the tragic and sad way for the alliance.

Overall I really enjoy the chapter which the Supernova group was really great. Kid,Luffy,Zoro and Killer are the perfect troup.

Overall really great chapter.
It is already disappointing that they were still not in Wano yet, again that Oda repeated the King scenario, it would be even more disappointing from Oda's part if they stay outside of Wano and Onigashima for the rest of the third act.

Luffy Kid Zoro and Killer has so damn good chemistry, they really acting like a team.

Luffy looking out for Kid.

Then we have this solid interactions between them

The Bakas calling out each other when the three of themselves were causing commotion while Killer being fed up.

Followed by:

Also btw is Luffy staring at us
lmaoo

And while Killer is explaining Apoo's power they cant listen cause they are covering ears lmao

This panel alone shows their chemistry.

Status
Not open for further replies.