Spoiler One Piece Chapter 984 Spoilers Discussion

Who will Yamato-Chan fight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chances Yamato convinced Kaido to travel to Marineford and stop Ace's execution? Could Shanks be the real villain here?
Honestly, lemme take a leap here for a minute:

- Kaido loves his daughter enough to acknowledge her "male" appearance and inspiration. It seems like he does care about her enough to want his "son" at the party and has a group to go out and look for "him".

- Yamato knows Ace, seemingly friends with him. This is signficant.

- Kaido DOES respect Whitebeard. Hes jealous he died on his own terms, which Kaido can't do. Kaido also likely got along with Newgate when on the Rocks Pirates, all things considering.

- Yamato may or may not have heard of Ace's Execution. This prompts her to beg her father to help Whitebeard. Perhaps he accepts.

- Shanks stops Kaido for an unspecfied reason.

So yes, maybe we were tricked into believing Shanks wanted to stop Kaido to help WB, but instead he stopped Kaido to force WB's death.

I really think Shanks has been playing the long game.

And once again, it is not about being the direct bloodline, it is more about the inherit will. While Luffy has the will of roger, Yamato has Odens. It is not Ace and it is not Momo, there are better people to follow the will.

I guess Yamato will go with Luffy for some time and when she comes back, she will be the shogun of wano.
The thing is, Yamato is a bit different. Luffy's will was his from the start. It happened by chance that his will was similar if not the same as Roger's.

Yamato, yes, she was inspired by Oden but she apparently emulated Oden almost obsessively. It's quite unnatural compared to the usual "inherited will" that Oda portrays. His retainers carry Oden's will but never did they ever try to emulate his mannerisms, etc. Neither did Luffy with Roger. That's because though they are different personality-wise, they still carried his will without having to bend their character to fit Oden's wishes.

I think this could be a chance for Oden to look into the psychology of Yamato. She has to realize her own self rather than trying to be Oden. So in a sense, she isn't her true self yet until she takes off the facade of Oden.

And no, she won't be the shogun. :/

- Yamato may or may not have heard of Ace's Execution. This prompts her to beg her father to help Whitebeard. Perhaps he accepts.

- Shanks stops Kaido for an unspecfied reason.
Shanks obviously stopped him because he was going to fuck up Whitebeard.

All Kaido at MF was, was an excuse for Oda to keep Shanks away until the last minute. Remember Shanks wanted to help Whitebeard. Ace was Roger's son, and Luffy was his heir.

Kaido beating Yamato probably is like how Garp would hit Luffy. I don't think he beat her abusively. It probably was a snack to the head for having that belief in Oden. She clearly is hiding stuff from Kaido, but I feel like Kaido respects Yamato, especially by playing along and calling her "son"
This reads pretty naively, to be honest. Garp is a way better person than Kaido. Kaido is an alcoholic. She walked up to Kaido, told him that she wanted to be like one of his greatest enemies who he shot in the skull and killed. Kaido is not a dude to be like Garp. Big Mom beat the hell out of Chiffon, why would Kaido be any different?

Sade

Berserk
Every chapter that wanks that "sub - character" like Oden deserve to not be read.
The flashback that ruined Wano, the character that isn't actually a character but it's just Oda's wet dream / forced to be liked.
Made dumb with questionable decisions, and ruined a potentially interesting character like Toki.

Status
Not open for further replies.