Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 986: My Name

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the same idiot he always was but unsurprisingly he uses his brain when it comes to fighting and etc.
+ this is nothing more than just act of respect for the Scabbards I think he will be the 2nd one on the platform unless Big Mom stalls him.
Inb4 Yamato stalls Big Mom for a 30 seconds to allow Luffy enough time to save a few scabbards.
Yamato has been getting her ass beat by Kaido, she is accustomed to yonkou beating and will endure due to mystical zoan?:feelsokeman:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Inb4 Yamato stalls Big Mom for a 30 seconds to allow Luffy enough time to save a few scabbards.
Yamato has been getting her ass beat by Kaido, she is accustomed to yonkou beating and will endure due to mystical zoan?:feelsokeman:
At this point I won't be surprised if Big Mom is not even going to faze her.

Big Mom didn't fought Top Tiers post God's valley.

All she has is her tough af skin. Her haki is probably isn't that strong either unless Oda decides that aging doesn't apply to fat whores.

Yeah I hope so. Nami needs fight this arc to redeem herself. If random homies could capture her that's bad for her portrayal.
It's crazy that many people fail to realize the issue with the Nami situation isnt Sanji not being there, its the fact that Nami's always portrayed as the damsel in distress. If Usopp and chopper got away from Big Mom.......Nami, Carrot and Shinobu should all be able to escape together, especially considering Nami and Shinobu escaped a bad situation together earlier in the arc. One Piece is nearing its end. If there are strawhats who are getting captured by things like homies at this point, that means they need to get fucking stronger. Shouldnt place the blame on others for Nami & Carrots incompetence when they've been competent before.

djiayebee

☆ 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪 ☆
It's "she".

And no, Oda doesn't include this scene for nothing. It's a very clever way to show that Yamato wants to be herself again (and not Oden), after she has met Luffy and learned about Momo already inheriting Oden's will.
I wonder how do you explain she keeps using "boku" then?

Kaido being scared of Oden just came out of the left field. Guess Oda had to make something up for him to be beaten, even if its once again an asspull.
Yep, he wasn’t surprised by them but seeing oden. He got reminded of oden while they were charging him, it’s pretty clear bro.
I’m not talking about the context I’m talking about the expression, it’s the same as wb had. It’s not an expression of fear but surprise, cause he thought he saw oden.
Totally agree with Fuji here, imo this is nothing like PTSD or fear but just surprise! There is a great french youtube OP reaction channel, they were saying how all of the scabbard's favorite food is one different ingredient of the dish oden (shown in a previous SBS)... as if when they all combine and attack with all their might, Kaido is remembered of Oden's expression back then

They can’t look at his face that’s largely identical to theirs and see the resemblance?? Bege and his entire crew, objective outsiders, couldn’t tell there’s a biological connection?? They’re just being shitty, seemingly for no reason...
Pound is arguably a bigger joke now because of the cover story. I hope this chapter is where it ends.
Wait until Pez unlock his coc :kappa:

hey, searching for those whores will surely pay off some way or another.
definitely will! just like in Kingdom, you know, how the harem is the 3rd power
:smithnie:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I wonder how do you explain she keeps using "boku" then?

Totally agree with Fuji here, imo this is nothing like PTSD or fear but just surprise! There is a great french youtube OP reaction channel, they were saying how all of the scabbard's favorite food is one different ingredient of the dish oden (shown in a previous SBS)... as if when they all combine and attack with all their might, Kaido is remembered of Oden's expression back then

Wait until Pez unlock his coc :kappa:

definitely will! just like in Kingdom, you know, how the harem is the 3rd power
:smithnie:
Shit, Bee!! You know, you just KNOW that Pez is gonna start crying as they sail away, they’ll figure out it’s because he “recognizes” Pound from that one sighting in WCI, and only then will they believe him...I swear that’s how the next installment is gonna go, you can fuckin’ quote me on that :namiriously:

Last edited:

djiayebee

☆ 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪 ☆
Shit, Bee!! You know, you just KNOW that Pez is gonna start crying as they sail away, they’ll figure out it’s because he “recognizes” Pound from that one sighting in WCI, and only then will they believe him...I swear, that’s how the next installment is gonna go, you can fuckin’ quote me on that :namiriously:
Definitely will cry man! And probably something's gonna happen to him with the Marine this time, leading to yet another cliffhanger... Leo group maybe?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Definitely will cry man! And probably something's gonna happen to him with the Marine this time, leading to yet another cliffhanger... Leo group maybe?
Seems likelier than anything else...I just don’t see a single redeeming aspect of this cover story, it’s almost impossible to follow and isn’t entertaining even when you can tell what’s going on. I didn’t care for ones like Gedatsu’s hot springs and Ace with the milk maid, and I had trouble understanding how Caribou’s played into the main story until this arc, but this is just exceedingly shoddy writing. I have faith he can tie it together somehow, but the means currently portend a confusing end.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Seems likelier than anything else...I just don’t see a single redeeming aspect of this cover story, it’s almost impossible to follow and isn’t entertaining even when you can tell what’s going on. I didn’t care for ones like Gedatsu’s hot springs and Ace with the milk maid, and I had trouble understanding how Caribou’s played into the main story until this arc, but this is just exceedingly shoddy writing. I have faith he can tie it together somehow, but the means currently portend a confusing end.
Nah.

Caribou is hiding Shanks, Blackbeard, and the shadows of Whitebeard and Roger.

He will save the alliance in need.

:milaugh::milaugh:

N

NeutralWatcher

It's crazy that many people fail to realize the issue with the Nami situation isnt Sanji not being there, its the fact that Nami's always portrayed as the damsel in distress. If Usopp and chopper got away from Big Mom.......Nami, Carrot and Shinobu should all be able to escape together, especially considering Nami and Shinobu escaped a bad situation together earlier in the arc. One Piece is nearing its end. If there are strawhats who are getting captured by things like homies at this point, that means they need to get fucking stronger. Shouldnt place the blame on others for Nami & Carrots incompetence when they've been competent before.
I think Nami's dream is not related to strength. her dream is to draw map of the world so se doesn't need to get stronger. What she needs it to improve her navigation skill. I think that's why Oda doesn't focus to develop her power level.

I think Nami would get a power up this time and would have decent fight that highlights her weather manipulation skill.

Kaidou is definitely going to wreck the scabbards next chapter. I highly doubted the possibility of them damaging Kaidou, but that Oden panel flashback leads me to think he felt a little danger. A good way to hype Kaidou and the scabbards would be for Kaidou to have a small wound, while ultimately wrecking the scabbards... maybe even killing one of them.

I think Nami's dream is not related to strength. her dream is to draw map of the world so se doesn't need to get stronger. What she needs it to improve her navigation skill. I think that's why Oda doesn't focus to develop her power level.

I think Nami would get a power up this time and would have decent fight that highlights her weather manipulation skill.
Nami is competent enough to not get captured by homies. People need to stop acting like Nami has never been in battle before.

N

NeutralWatcher

Nami is competent enough to not get captured by homies. People need to stop acting like Nami has never been in battle before.
I think the only answer is plot. Like you said Nami shouldn't be able to be captured by some homies. Carrot is also strong enough to surprise Zoro. I think Nami and Carrot being captured would lead to something major later.

Similar to King vs BM pirates. Oda didn't allow BM to have Prometheus so King could make BM and her crews fell down to lead to amnesia, Queen vs BM and Luffy learnt advanced CoA plot. BM in Udon also helped to free Kidd and Killer.

Worst

Custom title
Kaidou is definitely going to wreck the scabbards next chapter. I highly doubted the possibility of them damaging Kaidou, but that Oden panel flashback leads me to think he felt a little danger. A good way to hype Kaidou and the scabbards would be for Kaidou to have a small wound, while ultimately wrecking the scabbards... maybe even killing one of them.
Yea this is all as planned, they blitzed Kaidou and it looks like they rely did some sh** but there's another Kaido at their back and Kaido is not hurt in the first place 2/3 chapters max and the alliance will be doomed .....

Yea this is all as planned, they blitzed Kaidou and it looks like they rely did some sh** but there's another Kaido at their back and Kaido is not hurt in the first place 2/3 chapters max and the alliance will be doomed .....
I'm also not gonna deny this possibility too as it would expand on the whole 'undying' schtick Kaidou has

Status
Not open for further replies.