Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not showing Inu and Neko sulong was retarted. What was the point of that Neko image last chapter then? And aren't they looking at the moon and should transform anyway if they want it or not?

Wholesome moment
but does this mean Sanji same way Luffy knew that 9 scabbards will start the war before Kaido kills Momo?

Amazing feat next chapter:
King wants to cut Sanji in half. So if next chapter Sanji is fine, that means YC1 failed to injure/cut Sanji.
Unlike some trashcan that was injured by some normal scythe from a pleasurer

Luffy hypes King's attack as well. Seems like King/Luffy is there to hype Sanji's durability.

Reminder me of this:
Franky+Brook was good but where did they come from? A hole Big Mom made?
And since when Franky's bike can jump without a ramp or something?

The ending I think confirmed Toei opening:
Luffy+ SH vs Big Mom
Sanji vs King
Zolo vs Queen
Yeah fucking hell...if Sanjii survives that attack:steef:

Yooo, I have thought about the same topic, when I saw Sanji saying that... I felt "well, maybe you don't have to agree with their metods, but you need to accept yourself too by not rejecting the notion of you being a Vinsmoke"... so maybe Oda does intend to showcase that in future

Again, my whole view of the topic is, you can disagree with your people, you can despise your method, but DO NOT DENY/REJECT your origins
It's a completely different scenario, Momo not denying Oden was a sign of courage for an 8 year old about to be murdered to not spit on the legacy of his great father who gave him a great name out of love, and to not spit on the respect of all of his retainers who are fighting this war for him in part.

Judge was the one who denied Sanji not the other way around. Judge didn't raise Sanji, he still doesn't love Sanji, told him to never link himself to him and a few weeks ago tried to set him up in a death trap by holding his real father Zeff hostage.
Reiju and Sora fine, but they aren't really even Vinsmokes from a patrilineal perspective.

Zeff are the origins of who Sanji is as a man, so Kuroashi epithet is perfect for him.

The chapter was great , a big set up for next chapter I believe will be very hype the next chapter.

brook at this point he should be appointed as the MVP of the whole crew hands down .

Franky the delinquent taht bring some fresh air from another manga always is the best thing we need more of this .

Minks gonna get a hard beating, they gonna get hyped first and later will be tragedy that’s sad .

Sanji doing the Sanji things as always coming out of nowhere For the save that was good but I’m afraid he gonna get used as hype tool and is not the only one cuz he and king landing where kid , zoro and killer are (I assume) they all will become hype tools for king so Sanji fans don’t worry this times will be others also to feel role .

Now about the dialogue between Sanji and king is confusing or official translation can clear taht up or next chapter , cuz Sanji saying gonna opens hole in his belly out loud doesn’t mean nothing cuz normaly when something is dangerous we see it as inner thoughts 💭 ,and the sort about king is confusing he is saying he will split him And the goes and says to better disappear and escape even this is off normally a villain Just says there no escape and I’ll split you up .

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
It's a completely different scenario, Momo not denying Oden was a sign of courage for an 8 year old about to be murdered to not spit on the legacy of his great father who gave him a great name out of love, and to not spit on the respect of all of his retainers who are fighting this war for him in part.

Judge was the one who denied Sanji not the other way around. Judge didn't raise Sanji, he still doesn't love Sanji, told him to never link himself to him and a few weeks ago tried to set him up in a death trap by holding his real father Zeff hostage.
Reiju and Sora fine, but they aren't really even Vinsmokes from a patrilineal perspective.

Zeff are the origins of who Sanji is as a man, so Kuroashi epithet is perfect for him.
he dont accept judge and his 3 brother.
but not about Sora and Reiju, so thats mean, he might accept Vinsmoke name because of Sora and Reiju. (Because 2 of them is basically Sanji's saviour in his childhood)
Not because of Judge and ichiji niji yonji

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
jesus let people enjoy their favorite character sanji was amazing this chapter but people like you ruin the fun for everyone reading the chapter and turn the discussion into an argument just wait for your favorite character moment no need to shit on a character and their fans
You got to stop the delusions while they are young.
Sanji fans "enjoying" their favorite character is Sanji fans setting themselves for a disappointed in the next chapter like they have done countless times so far. I am trying to save you poor souls, not ruin the "fun". :josad:

Honestly surprised you think this was a good chapter.
It's a quick and fun read, yes, but in terms of plot development etc. I though it really was the weakest one in Onigashima imho.
Just think about the situation we have now compared to the situation we had after the last chapter. Really not much change at all.
Only difference is that Momo is free and Jack is on the rooftop, that's it though. Nothing else changed.
I meant for a setup chapter. In terms of an overall chapter it was OK.

Not showing Inu and Neko sulong was retarted. What was the point of that Neko image last chapter then? And aren't they looking at the moon and should transform anyway if they want it or not?

Wholesome moment
but does this mean Sanji same way Luffy knew that 9 scabbards will start the war before Kaido kills Momo?

Amazing feat next chapter:
King wants to cut Sanji in half. So if next chapter Sanji is fine, that means YC1 failed to injure/cut Sanji.
Unlike some trashcan that was injured by some normal scythe from a pleasurer

Luffy hypes King's attack as well. Seems like King/Luffy is there to hype Sanji's durability.

Reminder me of this:
Franky+Brook was good but where did they come from? A hole Big Mom made?
And since when Franky's bike can jump without a ramp or something?

The ending I think confirmed Toei opening:
Luffy+ SH vs Big Mom
Sanji vs King
Zolo vs Queen
The fact they are hyping King means it's more likely that Sanji does get injured.

N

NeutralWatcher

Very cool moments between Guardian with Nekomamushi and Muskeeter with Inuarashi.

These minks told their lords to leave Jack to them and asked their lords to focus on Kaido instead. Great bond between master and subordinate.

Beast pirates challenge guardians and muskeeters with their numbers too. So far only Hatcha and Nago have been introduced so far.

I think more numbers would show up during Jack vs Sulong Minks

Status
Not open for further replies.