Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume where he's coming from and I maintain that he has a mental disorder. One Piece is full of people who lived very dramatic experiences and I don't recall something as weird as calling a complete stranger your son.
Yamato is a she, A girl. Oda Box Said Daughter. Quit this bullshit sex/gender argument, talk about mental disorder.
Yamato is trying to live up to her ideal which is Oden, Oden had Momo as a son, It's not to hard to think that's where her line of thinking is, Deep down she even knows it.
Strangers or not, It's not unpresidented to call somebody a relation in which you have no actual blood ties to, WB called Oden his Brother, Still fairly new to each other but it was a sign of respect. Does this shit go over your head?

Yamato is a she, A girl. Oda Box Said Daughter. Quit this bullshit sex/gender argument, talk about mental disorder.
Yamato is trying to live up to her ideal which is Oden, Oden had Momo as a son, It's not to hard to think that's where her line of thinking is, Deep down she even knows it.
Strangers or not, It's not unpresidented to call somebody a relation in which you have no actual blood ties to, WB called Oden his Brother, Still fairly new to each other but it was a sign of respect. Does this shit go over your head?
The characters around him treat him as a man and Oden was so. Call him/her however you want, we have reasons supporting both choices.

"Talk about mental disorder", suggesting that transgenderism is a mental disorder, nice.

Every mental disorder has a line of thinking, so I don't get your point. It is obvious why he's calling Momo his son, it doesn't make it less disturbed. This isn't just about "living up to her ideal which is Oden", Yamato stole Oden's persona without even caring about the actual circumnstances of Wano's opening, be them the Scabbards returning as Toki suggested and claiming the country while Momonosuke becomes the next legitimate shogun.

Regarding your second point, and replying to this too:

Tbf Whitebeard beat the shit out of Ace and told him to become his son without knowing him at all
Whitebeard asks Ace to become his son, first of all, so he doesn't assume him to be his son to begin with, and second, that's how his crew works; Marco explained very clearly why they all treat him as a father even if they aren't a blood family because their caring dynamics. In Yamato's situation, on the contrary, he's assuming by default that Momonosuke is his son without asking him first nor having any relationship with him because he has convinced himself that he's Oden "so of course that kid is my son, is the only logical conclusion!", which is why it is disturbing. For the Whitebeard countexample to work he should have convinced himself that he's Roger and therefore treat Ace and Ace alone as his son because he was Roger's biological son. Completely different scenario.

If Toki was still alive I wonder if Yamato would try banging her, as her husband
:kata::smithnie::cheers:
Post automatically merged:

The characters around him treat him as a man and Oden was so. Call him/her however you want, we have reasons supporting both choices.

"Talk about mental disorder", suggesting that transgenderism is a mental disorder, nice.

Every mental disorder has a line of thinking, so I don't get your point. It is obvious why he's calling Momo his son, it doesn't make it less disturbed. This isn't just about "living up to her ideal which is Oden", Yamato stole Oden's persona without even caring about the actual circumnstances of Wano's opening, be them the Scabbards returning as Toki suggested and claiming the country while Momonosuke becomes the next legitimate shogun.

Regarding your second point, and replying to this too:

Whitebeard asks Ace to become his son, first of all, so he doesn't assume him to be his son to begin with, and second, that's how his crew works; Marco explained very clearly why they all treat him as a father even if they aren't a blood family because their caring dynamics. In Yamato's situation, on the contrary, he's assuming by default that Momonosuke is his son without asking him first nor having any relationship with him because he has convinced himself that he's Oden "so of course that kid is my son, is the only logical conclusion!", which is why it is disturbing. For the Whitebeard countexample to work he should have convinced himself that he's Roger and therefore treat Ace and Ace alone as his son because he was Roger's biological son. Completely different scenario.
Trying to justify transgenderism, Yikes. Keep those assumptions to yourself. You don't know Yamato any more than I do, But your taking everything as a negative to spin some dumb reasoning. Yamato saw Oden's manly spirit and wanted to emulate it. That's what we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.