Spoiler One Piece Chapter 988 Spoilers Discussion

How strong is Sanji?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can read my last post to get my answer out of this. In short the answer is steady growth, like Luffy has gotten, not a random growth spurt with no setup
That’s literally what Enma and the raid suit are. They didn’t come as a result of growth but more of an instantaneous powerup. The only way any kind of growth can occur steady or not is for the straw hats especially the top fighters to face top tier opponents as Rayleigh said haki blooms and grows stronger the more stronger opponents one faces. It’s really that simple!

I do see where you’re coming from as well!

Just because you are top tier, doesnt make you into a WSS.
Doesnt work for Shanks, doesnt work for Fujitora, doesnt work for Kizaru, doesnt work for Big Mom...
Doesnt work for Zoro either, at least not yet. Once he forges the black blade, it just might work for Zoro. :catsure:

If you didnt want to watch a video you want read a thread either.
And I dont need to convince anyone. Watch it unfold before your eyes.
If Zoro achieves a black blade vs a non YC or Yonko, that will be the most anti climactic zoro thing EVER

I was hoping more tho, like a YC1+ tier - basically just below current luffy before that the plot armor comes in.
Haha, sounds greedy. The allies have so much strength anyway, with even Franky and Brooke able to pull tag team moves to slap Big Mom on introduction. I would love to see the four older Straw Hats take her on, that sounds like a good undercard.

Just because you are top tier, doesnt make you into a WSS.
Doesnt work for Shanks, doesnt work for Fujitora, doesnt work for Kizaru, doesnt work for Big Mom...
Doesnt work for Zoro either, at least not yet. Once he forges the black blade, it just might work for Zoro. :catsure:

If you didnt want to watch a video you want read a thread either.
And I dont need to convince anyone. Watch it unfold before your eyes.
I clicked on a guy eating 5 McDonald's meals and got distracted so i lost the video

Why make it in the first place then
:sanmoji:

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
That would imply he came out of the timeskip already ready to fight Mihawk. So that's a big old nope....
I've actually seen theories where fanatical zoro fans claimed that Zoro already surpassed and beat Mihawk during the timeskip and already claimed the title of worlds strongest swordsman 😂 and that we'll get a flashback of it lol.

Haha, sounds greedy. The allies have so much strength anyway, with even Franky and Brooke able to pull tag team moves to slap Big Mom on introduction. I would love to see the four older Straw Hats take her on, that sounds like a good undercard.
I totally agree, i wasn't expecting them to humiliate big mom that strongely, and it's very pleasant to see.
Finally we'r there : Beating the yonko and going into the last plot's saga.

When Zoro breaks into that Top Tier threshold, is when he is going to fight Mihawk. Low Top Tier vs High Top Tier, and Zoro will heavily struggle, and manage to pull off the win in the end. That's how Zoro's fights go...
I'd rather have High Top Tier Zoro fight High Top Tier Mihawk and have Zoro vs Ryuma type fight.
Luffy vs katakuri is the kinda fight I generally find too cliche, not every fight has to be protagonist's journey, where he is getting dog walked 99% of the time and then suddenly eclipses in power mid fight.

I would rather have him show Mihawk vs Shanks flash back and show what the battle that "Shook the grand line" looks like and then have Zoro vs Mihawk duel surpass that and it becomes new legend.

E.Oda is not losing his consistency, there was no build-up between Zoro and King, and he is not going to write a fight between them just because Zoro fans wanted it. King is more suitable for Sanji, because both can fly and they can fight on the sky. Remember Doflamingo, when not even Law could reach Doflamingo, he used Sanji to counter him on the sky, because there was a point; it was a sky fight. Now this could be the same. King is not suitable for Zoro, because clearly, as I said many months ago,

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...spoilers-discussion.5238/page-332#post-487561
''If E.Oda is planning to match King with Zoro, then there was no build-up between the two, which would be weird considering E.Oda's style.
If there is a build-up, then there is one with Orochi, I would rather see Zoro taking on Orochi and his minions, because he actually tried to take down Orochi before, but ironically, stopped by Kyoshiro who was Denjiro in disguise. I would rather see him taking on Orochi + Orochi's minions + Oniwabanshu, instead of soloing someone as powerful as King, because that wouldn't make sense both in terms of power levels and story telling.''

King's true power is his zoan flying ability, not his sword skills.

King is obviously around Doflamingo's level, in fact as a YC1, he should be slightly stronger than Doflamingo like Katakuri. This is why Sanji has a big power up like Raid Suit now.

Imagine now, Orochi resurrect himself by using his mythical zoan and try to kidnap Oden's daughter, and then Zoro comes to rescue. And then he finishes Orochi once and for all.
There was no build up for King vs Sanji. Sanji was just the next person to arrive to try to rescue Momo. King give zero f's who Sanji is. This wasn't a scenario where his friends were trying to escape and Sanji jumped in front of King to protect everyone. He was even using his RS invisibility to avoid a battle.

It's silly for people think that Sanji, who couldn't even damage P1 with his RS, will beat King, a much more powerful and deadlier opponent. Yes, I do believe the RS is Sanji's powerup but it's not that big of a powerup. When the chapter left then Sanji he was concerned King was going to put a hole in through his stomach because you couldn't escape. King was doing was just flying and pushing against Sanji with his beak, which hasn't showed to be razor sharp.

Flight is not a fighting style, but swordsmanship is. Characters in One piece use flight is used to either travel or to build momentum to produce powerful close range attacks. That includes using it to change the distances between opponents. Take a look at Sanji and his family for example. Doffy can only move to the air if he has clouds he can connect his strings to. Even Luffy was only using his flight ability to travel after Doffy after he was punching him across the island. That same power gave him no advantage over Cracker or Katakuri.

If you How things fly through a tie battle to stay away from your opponentis or run away from them you are proving that your opponent is stronger than you.

King hasn't used his sword yet, that means he hasn't used his true power since he is a swordsman.

By looking at the spoiler we can see everything is set up for King to run into Zoro and fight him. He had those two crash into the building that Zoro just happened to cut near the beginning of the raid. That was not a coincidence. If Oda wanted to make this a sky battle he would have had King force Sanji up until the sky instead of down towards the ground. Zoro is fighting and training to become the strong strongest swordsman. It would be very poor writing for Zoro to never fight arguably the strongest swordsman on Wano.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
When Zoro breaks into that Top Tier threshold, is when he is going to fight Mihawk. Low Top Tier vs High Top Tier, and Zoro will heavily struggle, and manage to pull off the win in the end. That's how Zoro's fights go...
No... You look at Zoro through Luffy lenses... Take those off.
Zoro isnt shifting through gears and going from weak to strong.
His power is always the same except the finishers which happen literally at the very ending of the fight which is 1% of its duration.
Good luck coming up with an explanation what will propel Zoro from weak to top tier if you think he isnt top tier already.
what's your theory?
the anime showed a flashback of dressrosa when zoro was pondering how to forge a blade
I think you can find it in Ryo thread by Reborn, I believe.
Long story short, it is feat achieved through concentration outside of a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.