Spoiler One Piece Chapter 988 Spoilers Discussion

How strong is Sanji?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares about Carrot she trash.

I don't fucking understand why Inu and Neko didn't transform yet.

If they said something that they are too old or tired I will fucking cry laughing at Oda.
Broski its just about page count. Inu and Neko's sulongs are totally worth a double spread, along with other 7 scabbards fighting Kaido. That scene will be better on its own in the coming chapters. I'm personally happy Oda seems to be focusing a little bit on the Guardians and Musketeers here, even if Jack is likely to mop the floor with them.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Not exactly. I want Oda to write a fucking war already. Get rid of Yamato shit, Nami,Carrot, Brook.
Give us Sulong Neko and Inu because idiot has been hyping this for some time.
GIVE US FUCKING MEAT ALREADY.
Transition chapters sucks ass.
ok so ur problem is transition chapter that makes u think this chapter is trash. which is i kinda agree (but not sanji and franky brook)
Bad thing is, we might see another chapter transition in next chapter which is we might see all of the flying six except x-drake (again).

Did you miss Zoro outclassing Mr1 in literally every aspect? The moment he became able to cut steel, he neg diffed him.
He didnt tap into anything against Ohm, he was able to cut steel after Alabasta at will...
Asura was overkill, it neg diffed Kaku. The only reason why it was needed is because of Kaku's Yontoryu style.
Sure, he struggled, that's the core element of making it a good fight, however, doesnt change the fact that Zoro at his best in those fights is simply neg diffing all of them.
What does it matter that he "Outclassed" Mr. 1? He still needed to grow within the fight itself and become stronger to win. Learning to cut steel mid fight = becoming stronger mid fight.

If Zoro could cut steel at will on Skypiea he wouldn't have struggled so heavily against Ohm in the first place. He only landed one attack on him (from what I recall) and that was the final attack.

Ashura was not overkill as Zoro would have lost that fight without it. It was an ability Zoro came up with specifically to take down stronger opponents. We have no clue if he came up with it prior to Enies Lobby, or during the fight itself. Perhaps one day we'll get a better explanation on it, but for now, we just don't know.

Broski its just about page count. Inu and Neko's sulongs are totally worth a double spread, along with other 7 scabbards fighting Kaido. That scene will be better on its own in the coming chapters. I'm personally happy Oda seems to be focusing a little bit on the Guardians and Musketeers here, even if Jack is likely to mop the floor with them.
The good part if u all recall is that in the fake spoilers, Inu was with the musketeers to fight jack, while only sulong executive of INU and NECKO are fighting him, hyping sulong very hard.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
ok so ur problem is transition chapter that makes u think this chapter is trash. which is i kinda agree (but not sanji and franky brook)
Bad thing is, we might see another chapter transition in next chapter which is we might see all of the flying six except x-drake (again).
That's why I pointed only interesting parts with Sanji and Franky ( I fucked up and typed brook but I meant Franky ).

The rest of the chapter is fucking boring trash. Nothing pushes forward.

I'm getting angrier and angrier with this arc because it was too fucking long to make it to this war and it's still hasn't picked the pace.

Transition chapters are important. They are what let the story flow neatly instead of having abrupt changes or random instances of events.

Would people rather the rest of the minks do nothing? Would it be more impressive to show the Mink army Sulong after Neko/Inu? There are a hundred other examples like this in the arc. I don't see the War truly "starting" until everyone is really fighting, which won't be for a while.

Last edited:
Transition chapters are important. They are what let the story flow neatly instead of having abrupt changes or random instances of events.

Would people rather the rest of the minks do nothing? Would it be more impressive to show the Mink army Sulong before Neko/Inu? There are a hundred other examples like this in the arc. I don't see the War truly "starting" until everyone is really fighting, which won't be for a while.
It's just very likely that this arc will last for another 50 chapters, so more than a year from now on, and it will be by far the longest arc

In order for Kenshin to succeed Hiko Seijuro as the successor to the Hiten Mitsurugi style he was suppose to surpass and kill him, as that is how the style was passed down down for Generations. But Watskui made Seijuro way too powerful, and had to come up with another means to pass the style onto Kenshin. It wasn't done like that on purpose.
Oh was that told in the anime? I have only seen anime, didn't read the manga.
If they did I forgot about it.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Transition chapters are important.
Not for me. At least not anymore.

This arc triggers me in every single fucking way.

I enjoyed the WCI so much more than Wano rn.

Dressrosa and Wano ( at least now ) are the worst experiences for a reader at least for me.

I don't look for people agreeing with me just saying.

Wano is nothing more then Alabasta with stronger opponents and that's it.

Oh was that told in the anime? I have only seen anime, didn't read the manga.
If they did I forgot about it.
I believe it was in an interview when they asked the Author why Seijuro disappeared from the Manga never to be seen again, and Watsuki basically told them he accidentally made him to powerful and didn't know where to go with the character so he just stopped writing him into the storyline.

It's just very likely that this arc will last for another 50 chapters, so more than a year from now on, and it will be by far the longest arc
Its just the name of the game and how Oda weaves a plot with many characters. Surprisingly, One Piece arcs are normally shorter than a wide scope of other shonen manga (compare to Bleach and a few other major ones, Naruto generally has pretty short arcs save for its last arc).

Honestly I enjoy chapters like this, everything is still ramping up, and will be for the foreseeable future.

Not for me. At least not anymore.

This arc triggers me in every single fucking way.

I enjoyed the WCI so much.

Dressrosa and Wano ( at least now ) are the worst experiences for a reader at least for me.

I don't look for people agreeing with me just saying.

Wano is nothing more then Alabasta with stronger opponents and that's it.
I just dislike oda's pace tbh, especially post TS.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
What does it matter that he "Outclassed" Mr. 1? He still needed to grow within the fight itself and become stronger to win. Learning to cut steel mid fight = becoming stronger mid fight.

If Zoro could cut steel at will on Skypiea he wouldn't have struggled so heavily against Ohm in the first place. He only landed one attack on him (from what I recall) and that was the final attack.

Ashura was not overkill as Zoro would have lost that fight without it. It was an ability Zoro came up with specifically to take down stronger opponents. We have no clue if he came up with it prior to Enies Lobby, or during the fight itself. Perhaps one day we'll get a better explanation on it, but for now, we just don't know.
It matters because he was stronger than Mr1 in literally every aspect, just like I said. Remember?
He needed to grow to remove the trick which was preventing him from dealing any damage to Mr1.
He didnt grow to increase his speed, his defensive abilities, his endurance, his durability or anything.
He grew to be able to damage him. He already had all stats above Mr1.

Because Ohm had CoO while Zoro didnt. Why are you asking such obvious questions?
Did you forget Luffy, Sanji and Usopp struggling against Satori who is weaker than Ohm?
Yes, Zoro's fights end when he lands one attack. That's how Zoro's fights work, he uses swords.

It was overkill because it instantly neg diffed Kaku. Zoro fought the entire battle just fine without Asura.
Again, he used it only for the ending, it is not an ability to take down stronger opponents as he needs to be strong without it for the entire fight. He isnt using it the entire time like Luffy uses gears, I told you to take Luffy lenses off.

So, so far Sanji has dodged a sneak attack from a YC1 who can see the Future, and stopped a kick from a YC1 that was able to send the Queen Mama Chanter flying. So he's got two feats against YC1's under his belt.... Not too shabby....
Against Katakuri, it was a nice showcase of CoO, but Sanji stood no chance given Ichiji's standing. Niji saved his ass, and Ichiji was even stronger than that.

Against King, this is an actual even match. Any advantage King got was because Sanji was ignoring him and looking at Momo. We said the same thing with X-Drake: Sanji ain't gonna ignore someone superior to him like that.

Lmao, I guess the huge difference between Hiko and mihawk is that, Hiko Seijuro was never a famous swordsman pirate like mihawk was, he was unknown to the world, he wasn't even famous like Kenshin or Shishio makoto, even Saitou was more famous than the guy, while mihawk was a world government dog Shichibukai, who has been chased by the world government, who is a failure as a pirate unlike the Emperor Pirates and Pirate King. And now they will chase that failure pirate mihawk again.

Another huge difference is that Hiko doesn't care about the wars, while mihawk joins fighting against the Whitebeard pirates and he was a world government dog, they are two different characters.

So try something else. :suresure:

That's why I pointed only interesting parts with Sanji and Franky ( I fucked up and typed brook but I meant Franky ).

The rest of the chapter is fucking boring trash. Nothing pushes forward.

I'm getting angrier and angrier with this arc because it was too fucking long to make it to this war and it's still hasn't picked the pace.
come back 3 month later. clearly act 3 has slower pace thank god for that

It matters because he was stronger than Mr1 in literally every aspect, just like I said. Remember?
He needed to grow to remove the trick which was preventing him from dealing any damage to Mr1.
He didnt grow to increase his speed, his defensive abilities, his endurance, his durability or anything.
He grew to be able to damage him. He already had all stats above Mr1.

Because Ohm had CoO while Zoro didnt. Why are you asking such obvious questions?
Did you forget Luffy, Sanji and Usopp struggling against Satori who is weaker than Ohm?
Yes, Zoro's fights end when he lands one attack. That's how Zoro's fights work, he uses swords.

It was overkill because it instantly neg diffed Kaku. Zoro fought the entire battle just fine without Asura.
Again, he used it only for the ending, it is not an ability to take down stronger opponents as he needs to be strong without it for the entire fight. He isnt using it the entire time like Luffy uses gears, I told you to take Luffy lenses off.
Eh, not getting that deep into this in the spoiler thread. I will say this though, you have a very skewed view on Zoro's preskip fights.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I don’t think I knew this...but I do think this is one of the rare things on which we totally disagree :goatasure:
I lost the context like Oda does with his pace and consistency in this arc.

I'm tired rn so I may write differently.

I meant in comparison to Wano*.

I'll edit that part.

We still might not agree on it but it is what it is.

Alabasta v3 is boring rn.

Status
Not open for further replies.