ONE PIECE CHAPTER 989: SOMEHOW, I DONT FEEL LIKE WERE LOSING

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimbei has no dog
Post automatically merged:

Oda would like a word
I'm just going say this, apart from the fina battle of law,luffy and kid vs kaido

We have no idea for the rest and oda is definitely gonna prove so many theories wrong
Oda Wants Luffy and Zoro to Fight Kaido, and Sanji to go up against King. That narrative is being pushed..... The characters are telling us what they are going to do in the last spread. Queen, Who's Who, and Yamato have a plot point. Other Strawhats have the tobi roppo and potentially Big Mom to take care of.( The Oniwaban, Miriwarigumi and the Numbers have to be fodder for some of this to make sense tbh). Dont know if Zoro will get a 1v1 fight, if he's going with luffy his best bet is Jack which does have some foreshadowing. But Zoro's main role is to be in the Kaido fight. There should a HUGE power struggle here but I dont think their gonna lose at this point.

Do feel like we have a slow progression, it's gonna be another 40 chapters before this war ends
Lol honestly could be longer. Let's say Act 3 ends in ~8-10 chapters. That would mean Act 4 is primarily fighting. If Act 3 is poised to be 40 chapters alone, Oda could easily make Act 4 the same length or longer.

There's simply way too many perspectives to address during this arc. Like all of the F6 have been MIA for various chapters. Hotei and Fukurokuju are also MIA with their soldiers. People on Mainland Wano are still MIA. Who knows about Kanjuro/Orochi at this point. 4 Numbers are still unrevealed. Half the Supernova haven't been seen in a while, and not to mention the chaos happening on the skull with the Minks/Scabbards.

Shit is nuts and we will be on this pacing for a while, knowing Oda.
Post automatically merged:

SSG literally means special science group. This was explained in Chapter 956/957. A lot of you guys missed that. It just means the science team working under Vegapunk (most likely). We dont know the weapons they created yet.

My opinions about the chapter:
-I've been following One Piece s⁹ince Dressrosa and I hate Bege's cover story more than the others that I read weekly.
-I supported idea that "Yonkos are much more powerful than Admirals"until Kaido and Big Mom became nothing more than a sandbag for Straw Hats and the Scabbards.
-I hated the blind confidence of Franky during the Big Mom panel.Jinbe's words to Big Mom were great compared to Franky's because she was really scary before the whole"Wedding Kekii"accident.
-Many people are theorising that Yamato is going to join the Straw Hats but I don't think so.Yamato acts like a mentally ill person and we can see the fear of Momonosuke during their respective panels.
-I saw some opinion that Hyogoro's words are interpreted as alliance losing to Yonkos in Onigashima and bringing the war to Flower Capital with their biggest argument being that during both Alabasta and Dressrosa Luffy defeated arc bosses in places that local folk can see and learn the truth about respective people manipulations but I personally think that won't happen cause
Wano people already know about everything about things such as Oden sacrifing his life and dancing naked for 5 years in order to save them.
-It was great to see Straw Hats together in a panel like that one at Fishman Island.
-This chapter was a great one with many great panels.

Well we should get some info around the Shimotsuki village wano connection, and ideally Zoro's wano lineage whether he is the cousin of Kuina or something.
Who cares about Shimotsuki village? Some guy managed to escape Wano, ended up in the East, saved an already established village from bandits, and got said village named after him. What else do we need to know?

What if he has no Wano lineage?

Many people have this feeling that wano is boring and not much happening right now,plus big mom looks clownish.

Most of us are still tired mentally from the whole cake island arc (or wedding cake arc),we got introduced to many characters over this 2 arcs and the truth is nothing big happened so far.

Overall if Oda doesn't raise his game up wano will pass like a flue,also it was bad that he made the choice to hype this arc very early and people are expecting a lot now.

Also you have to consider we are getting older(at least those who dont fight over zoro and sanji) and our excitement is reducing slowly.

My opinions about the chapter:
-I've been following One Piece s⁹ince Dressrosa and I hate Bege's cover story more than the others that I read weekly.
-I supported idea that "Yonkos are much more powerful than Admirals"until Kaido and Big Mom became nothing more than a sandbag for Straw Hats and the Scabbards.
-I hated the blind confidence of Franky during the Big Mom panel.Jinbe's words to Big Mom were great compared to Franky's because she was really scary before the whole"Wedding Kekii"accident.
-Many people are theorising that Yamato is going to join the Straw Hats but I don't think so.Yamato acts like a mentally ill person and we can see the fear of Momonosuke during their respective panels.
-I saw some opinion that Hyogoro's words are interpreted as alliance losing to Yonkos in Onigashima and bringing the war to Flower Capital with their biggest argument being that during both Alabasta and Dressrosa Luffy defeated arc bosses in places that local folk can see and learn the truth about respective people manipulations but I personally think that won't happen cause
Wano people already know about everything about things such as Oden sacrifing his life and dancing naked for 5 years in order to save them.
-It was great to see Straw Hats together in a panel like that one at Fishman Island.
-This chapter was a great one with many great panels.
I totally agree with what you said about Yamato. When she said she is Oden to Momonosuke, it was so cringe.

Status
Not open for further replies.