Spoiler One Piece Chapter 990 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
WCI lasted about 80-85 chapters long
Tea party didn't even last 20 chapters yet it is more enjoyable and better than the whole Wano arc combined
True. This arc is a longer version of Alabasta with "stronger" opponents.

Well of course, but this isn't even a new problem, its just bigger than anything Oda's done before. You can see that this exact same format was done for Dressrosa.

I mean Oda still gives panels and dialogue to Hyou and 2 Yakuza leaders about fighting the F6. He just introduced Hotei 5 chapters ago. He is STILL introducing Numbers. But the thing is, its about scalability. I personally appreciate Dressrosa more nowadays because it had a large scale where tones of characters got focus and had an (even if small) place in the story.

The problem is, you are reading this weekly. Oda is trying to get the story to the point where major conflicts can start, all while characterizing his 60+ characters before he starts dropping them like flies. Eventually the sub characters will fall in conflicts. Eventually people will be cut down.

But you have to wait for it.
Exactly, lotta people dont have patience, and I totally understand why, it's why arcs are so unnecessarily long. Also why I hate flashbacks

Seth

โ€Ž
I didn't mean because someone complains but for yourself.

Yes it could have been even 20 years but this manga isn't ending in a long time.

Imagine how unhealthy keeping read something you don't like could prove over the next years unless you might change your mind of course. :)
I have problem because this fucking arc was hyped to the moon by fucking author his editors and the community.

Oda likes to fu** his fans in the ass hard. Psychopath.

Luffy has tenfold more help now with more competent ppl avg wise. Except Luffy was dead ass serious when he tried to save Ace. Now it seems that Kaido really is a side quest and big mom is.... :whitepress:

Iโ€™m not complaining Iโ€™m giving my observations
How is Kaido his side quest when thats literally what he been talking about the whole time? He didn't even try to fight BM. Stop talking out your ass

Exactly, lotta people dont have patience, and I totally understand why, it's why arcs are so unnecessarily long. Also why I hate flashbacks
I personally appreciate the variety, but I get why people are impatient definitely.

Though, this chapter has Drake, Hawkins and WW, characters people actually wanted to see. Yet I see more complaining for some reason lol.

Going g4 against a ship but can t go g4 flying make another hole and reach kaido
:josad:
going G4 against ship was a dick move...just show off to his fellow SN which even I felt was stupid and foolish....Luffy has to pass King + Queen + some fodders to reach Kaido..well, so far he tried to go with g2 and he would have gone if not for queen...so at some point very quick he will go G4...

And there hasn't really been offscreening during the rai
No there's off screening.

The strawhats seperated and came together OFF SCREEN MULTIPLE TIMES

At one point Zoro and Luffy literally got seperated between two pages of each other OFF SCREEN.

The meeting between Marco and perospero was off screen. How kanjuro reached orochi was off screen. Everything surrounding the pleasure quater from Big mom chasing us sop and chopper to big mom chasing nsmi and carrot to us sop and chopper getting caught by numbers to sank disappearing and appearing was off screen

I can keep going but clearly the answer here is that you just don't care. You don't care about all these off screenings and that's why you literally didn't even remember they've happened DOZENS OF TIMES already.

Anyway, if your excuse for it being fine that this war has no central focus is that "The rest of wano was also scattered so it's literal climax can also be as unfocused" then... lame

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
โ€Ž
I blame the editors. They hyped Wano like it was going to be one the best thing in fiction. They even said stuff like "Don't worry WCI is ending soon, we'll be in Wano in not long long!"
The main issue with this arc is how many characters were introduced and also how insanely slow the pace is

Moreover the numerous breaks rendered it even worse :)

Not sure what will happen in the next chapters but these are the main issues I spot thus far

Seth

โ€Ž
I thought people wanting to see WsW was just a meme tbh.
I wanted to see him few chapters ago. Not right in the moment where SHs were about to jump to fight Calamities and etc.

I personally appreciate the variety, but I get why people are impatient definitely.

Though, this chapter has Drake, Hawkins and WW, characters people actually wanted to see. Yet I see more complaining for some reason lol.
I like that the chapter has a focus on the sub characters that are enemies. The war they've done a good job with sub character focus, I personally think they made Act 1 and 2 too long, spending a chapter for ex of Kinemon telling SHs about Oden and then Having a 14 chapter Oden flashback is what makes manga less exciting to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.