One Piece Episode 1015 - Straw Hat Luffy - The Man Who Will Become the Pirate King

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 155 88.1%
  • 4/5

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • 3/5

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 2/5

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters
One of if not the greatest episode ever.
Really appreciate how they overlapped the Roger and Luffy moment with Oden/WB and Sabo/Ace, I mean it was pretty obvious in the manga panels but still, they went all out.

Great animation, great score, great added content, great direction (the scene with Kinemon and the scabbards talking with Luffy before the raid cut to their current state was chilling), and of course great original content by Oda for the original chapter.

Also Law saving Zoro casually was funny, as was Ace's narcolepsy.

Fabulous episode, probable best in the series, but it also shows why I’ve not liked Luffy’s characterisation against Kaido since he started laughing and enjoying himself. He’s meant to be trying to free the enslaved country of his friends from a tyrant, giggling and laughing with Kaido isn’t really fitting the tone for that. Tone in this episode was perfect for that, later, not so much.

Fabulous episode, probable best in the series, but it also shows why I’ve not liked Luffy’s characterisation against Kaido since he started laughing and enjoying himself. He’s meant to be trying to free the enslaved country of his friends from a tyrant, giggling and laughing with Kaido isn’t really fitting the tone for that. Tone in this episode was perfect for that, later, not so much.
The D clan always laugh on the verge of death/ in the face of death.
Joyboy and Nika brought smiles to people in the most serious of scenarios.
Awakening effects zoan mental state further

This episode is 5/5 easily. Man, I really hope Oda will announce that the entire Onigashima part is canon in the anime.
The animators are definitely doing a great job and props to the director as well. The anime definitely brought the emotions much better, especially when Luffy was going to Kinemon who is in a halfdead shape.

Animations are also sick af, even better than movie quality.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
I think only a few moments will be able to top this one in the whole series.

Hakai, G5 mode, Kaido's presumable death, a few Akainu's and Teach's moments, and a very few other things about the One Piece, Im sama and EoS.