One Piece Episode 1015 - Straw Hat Luffy - The Man Who Will Become the Pirate King

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 155 88.1%
  • 4/5

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • 3/5

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 2/5

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters
So next episode is recap filler?

Strange when the manga is like a year ahead.
This is what makes the anime unwatchable for me (at least compared to mdoern seasonal animes).

You get one good episode and then a bunch of fillers/poorly animated/poorly paced episodes again.

Imagine what the OP anime could've been if it really started just recently and was made like Demon Slayer or AoT (seasonal anime by a great studio with perfect pacing and animation for every episode).

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Thé current episode is clearly amazing and gave me goosebumps

But Rooftop fight is clearly not peak One piece. In meaning réalisation stakes choreography etc
You're not gonna convince me. Even before this episode roofpiece was easily carrying Wano. Those groupfight chapters were all nearly 10/10. The anime team is gonna spazz on them. These eps are gonna go down in history as this shows greatest.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
You're not gonna convince me. Even before this episode roofpiece was easily carrying Wano. Those groupfight chapters were all nearly 10/10. The anime team is gonna spazz on them. These eps are gonna go down in history as this shows greatest.
Zoro blocking hakai as long as it toon freiza blow up namek :)

I began to hate those weekly animes

Season animes is a way better medium
Post automatically merged:

I want to hack TOEI every 2 months now
Spitting the truth.
Unfortunately it isn't just Toei however. Pretty sure Oda wants it to be weekly as well.

Every single long running series is shit.

24 episodes with a season break is the way to go.

They need to give directors and animators more air to breath.

They also need to scrap the ultra mumbo jumbo aura . It was done well this episode with Ryou but not in Wano in general and I don't get how people consider it good animation. Same with Zoro's finisher vs Kamazou. The anime lacks fluidity in general . Zoro skidding on the snow was better animated.

This is what makes the anime unwatchable for me (at least compared to mdoern seasonal animes).

You get one good episode and then a bunch of fillers/poorly animated/poorly paced episodes again.

Imagine what the OP anime could've been if it really started just recently and was made like Demon Slayer or AoT (seasonal anime by a great studio with perfect pacing and animation for every episode).
The underlying manga content of OP has massive dips in quality for weeks at a time and pacing issues since the TS. This is a scaling issue because the arc wraps up with Luffy and so he gets stalled, in short arcs that is fine, in 200 chapter long arcs it becomes ridiculous.

(I'm not shitting on OP, the peaks are still amazing and even a relatively "bad" chapter generally has 2 or 3 great pages).

How could they have made a great adaptation of Luffy running around aimlessly for many many months on end as he did in the manga?

Emphasizing the goated chapters with goated episodes is the best they can really do without cutting large amounts of content from the manga (that the editors should have helped Oda with in the Manga) or blowing a shitload of money animating runpiece setup chapters.

Wait ain't you just sayed you don't watch the anime lol how you know they been carrying? :bamathink:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Wait ain't you just sayed you don't watch the anime lol how you know they been carrying? :bamathink:
Cause I don't live under a rock? Everyone knows there's new directing for Wano. It looks like a completely different show.

Besides I watched all of act 1, but the Kaidou vs Luffy in Kuri (which I was looking forward to) was such dogshit that I lost interest all over again.

This is peak One piece

This is not peak One Piece. Its so unmemorable. I forgot the vast majority of Skypeia. It's a really boring arc with one of the best endings of this story. That's it. Roofpiece on the other hand was amazing all the time and it will forever be engraved in the mind of readers. Heck, it's so peak and iconic, we started giving it a name.

The underlying manga content of OP has massive dips in quality for weeks at a time and pacing issues since the TS. This is a scaling issue because the arc wraps up with Luffy and so he gets stalled, in short arcs that is fine, in 200 chapter long arcs it becomes ridiculous.

(I'm not shitting on OP, the peaks are still amazing and even a relatively "bad" chapter generally has 2 or 3 great pages).

How could they have made a great adaptation of Luffy running around aimlessly for many many months on end as he did in the manga?

Emphasizing the goated chapters with goated episodes is the best they can really do without cutting large amounts of content from the manga (that the editors should have helped Oda with in the Manga) or blowing a shitload of money animating runpiece setup chapters.
Pretty simple: Cut out those parts or reduce them to bare minimum "bridge scenes", just like the other seasonal shows do it.

An anime doesn't need to adapt the manga frame by frame.

This is not peak One Piece. Its so unmemorable. I forgot the vast majority of Skypeia. It's a really boring arc with one of the best endings of this story. That's it. Roofpiece on the other hand was amazing all the time and it will forever be engraved in the mind of readers. Heck, it's so peak and iconic, we started giving it a name.
I take Skypiea over "Roofpiece" any day of the week and twice on Sundays, too.
At least Oda still cared about writing a halfway consistent story back then.