One Piece Episode 924 - The Capital in an Uproar! Another Assassin Targets Sanji

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • 4/5

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • 3/5

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • 2/5

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • 0/5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the episode was very good with the exception of that Diable Janbe Concasse shit. It's like these animators prioritize the "cool factor" over common sense at times:pepehands:. Criticism aside, was nice to see Luffy reflecting and and getting frustrated about how he got decimated by Kaidou. The King part was also pretty dope the way he took out the whole BM pirates in one fell swoop was hilarious:ROFLMAO:. Man no character is safe from Oda when even Lilin is getting treated like that lolz...Smoothie has gotta be the most disappointing Yonkou commander ever:mad:. It's a bit harsh to say she's useless, but she's just so fcking plain. Toei shouldn't have had her be so unsettled with her reactions to King. But is whatever, I don't really care about her character. Also liked the bit where Queen was taking jabs at King for being a show-off lolz....I know the Sanji v King faction will be very encouraged by this episode but you could also say Sanji v Queen is the perfect matchup precisely because Sanji's like King (i.e. can both fly and use fire)...lolz

Lastly
I thought Toei teasing Stealth Black's abilities with the "To Be Continued" was pretty dope
. The preview scenes of Sanji using the RS were also pretty slick and I always thought Sanji was gonna be fast with the RS but that bit never really seemed that impressive to me given Sanji is already pretty fast in base but damn seeing it animated makes me realize that I slept on Sanji's speed with the RS a little. IIRC none of the Vinz have been depicted to be that fast save Niji.
Why wasn't it common sense to hit him as hard as he could, considering how pissed he was?:sus:
It seems like they're animating it like how Niji was shown to move, which was always extremely fast paced.

So Sanji did not use koka against Page One :smoothieduck:

I really love the emphasis on the beast pirates and especially on King. That was really cool :myman:
I also like the moment with Luffy remembering his defeat to Kaido, for the anime only watchers it is a good set up for the Advanced CoA training.

It seems that they will extend the Sanji vs Page One fight, I think that gonna be interesting :bamathink:

Why wasn't it common sense to hit him as hard as he could, considering how pissed he was?:sus:
It seems like they're animating it like how Niji was shown to move, which was always extremely fast paced.
Because Sanji using a move that powerful in that situation undersells how powerful Sanji’s Diable Janbe attacks are & also takes a dump on Oven who should be in the same ball park as P1. If Toei are so hell bent on using one of Sanji’s most powerful attacks they should’ve also changed P1s reaction to it and not used the same reaction as the Manga. Moreover Sanji being angry doesn’t necessitate him using one of his strongest attacks. It’s like saying Luffy should’ve used a Kong gun on holdem coz he was pissed at him for torturing Otama.

Because Sanji using a move that powerful in that situation undersells how powerful Sanji’s Diable Janbe attacks are & also takes a dump on Oven who should be in the same ball park as P1. If Toei are so hell bent on using one of Sanji’s most powerful attacks they should’ve also changed P1s reaction to it and not used the same reaction as the Manga. Moreover Sanji being angry doesn’t necessitate him using one of his strongest attacks. It’s like saying Luffy should’ve used a Kong gun on holdem coz he was pissed at him for torturing Otama.
I mean, he used freaking red hawk on Holdem, which is like, his strongest attack outside gear 3rd and 4th.

Anyway, Sanji also used Diable Janbe as filler on someone like Daifuku, so I don't really think it undersells him at all considering that...

I mean, he used freaking red hawk on Holdem, which is like, his strongest attack outside gear 3rd and 4th.

Anyway, Sanji also used Diable Janbe as filler on someone like Daifuku, so I don't really think it undersells him at all considering that...
I don't know....I just don't really like it when the anime completely changes the perception of events that happened in the manga. After watching that I wouldn't be surprised if an anime viewer came to the conclusion that Sanji couldn't beat P1 without the RS considering one of his stronger DJ moves was ineffective against him:pepehands: but then again it's not the first the time the anime does stuff like these so no sense in dwelling on it. With regards to Luffy/Holdem, the anime adheres to the events of the manga as Luffy did use a red hawk on holdem so no complaints there.

A solid episode, but with some flaws.

Animation wasn't quite on the level as the previous episodes (although still nice) and overall the scenes didn't fit as well together. The flow was ok, but it felt a bit dragged in some points and a bit rushed in other parts.

The King scene was nice to watch, but didn't make much sense. First of all he literally started flying from Onigashima, when BM & Co. were already halfway up the waterfall. That's just bullshit, sorry. No way he could make it there in time, in the manga it was made clear that he was patrolling the entrance from the beginning. On top of that, they somehow missed the gist of the scene. In the manga BM & Co. only noticed him when it was already too late and he had speedblitzed the boat. Here for some reason they included a completely unnecessary scene, where King attacked and then retreated at first.

The ending with Sanji pulling out the raid suit was nicely done though.

So overall a solid 3/5 for me. Compared to pre-Wano episodes it's still awesome of course.

A solid episode, but with some flaws.

Animation wasn't quite on the level as the previous episodes (although still nice) and overall the scenes didn't fit as well together. The flow was ok, but it felt a bit dragged in some points and a bit rushed in other parts.

The King scene was nice to watch, but didn't make much sense. First of all he literally started flying from Onigashima, when BM & Co. were already halfway up the waterfall. That's just bullshit, sorry. No way he could make it there in time, in the manga it was made clear that he was patrolling the entrance from the beginning. On top of that, they somehow missed the gist of the scene. In the manga BM & Co. only noticed him when it was already too late and he had speedblitzed the boat. Here for some reason they included a completely unnecessary scene, where King attacked and then retreated at first.

The ending with Sanji pulling out the raid suit was nicely done though.

So overall a solid 3/5 for me. Compared to pre-Wano episodes it's still awesome of course.
For that comment about animation, comparison to which previous episodes?

Like, this episode wasn't the next all star episode action wise, but it was certainly the best animated episode since Luffy vs Kaido(because we haven't really had a particularly well animated episode since then).

I could probably buy King making it there that quickly considering how inconsistent characters travelling is even in the manga.
IE, running from Ringo to the flow capital purely on foot.

I wouldn't say restructuring the scene is missing the gist of it. I would even argue the scene of King's attack in the anime makes more sense than the manga(the manga made no sense in regards to Big Mum getting into Wano, since its implied she fell off the waterfall, not into the whirlpool).

Status
Not open for further replies.