One Piece Episode 972 - The End of the Battle! Oden vs. Kaido!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • 4/5

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • 3/5

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 2/5

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
Holy fuck.. Those torches, Oden's dragon ball flight (what the fuck lmao) , that whiskers throw and those over the top special effects sadly killed this one for me. You certainly can enjoy the animation itself, super flashy afterall and really well done, but I personally can't take stuff like that serious.

I really don't understand why Toei simply cannot use more believable filler stuff or make scenes in general more believable.
Just don't make that man fly like Goku and let the scabbards not get beaten up by pieces of wood. Like that's not too much to ask for or not?..

Good animation, trash adaptation. Where is the moment with King and Raizo that gave him the scar on his forehead? Where is Quinn witg poison vs Denjiro and Kanjuro?
Post automatically merged:

Did King fight against Denjuro 1 v 1 in the manga (i dont remember)?
Lmfao Denjuro 20 years ago literally got more feats than Sanji RS vs King wtf.
This is like Holdem vs Ashura, Batman vs Luffy.
For the sake of a beautiful picture, the script was sacrificed.

Was it though?

Like, the scabbards were shown to be fighting the calamities. There fight was left intentionally vague. All we know is that the calamities were able to give the scabbards a hard time.

That was shown to be the case.

Nothing was really sacrificed.

I think people here hold too strong an importance on Fidelity over everything else, which is a terrible shame, because the One Piece anime is still very accurate to the events of the manga.

Was it though?

Like, the scabbards were shown to be fighting the calamities. There fight was left intentionally vague. All we know is that the calamities were able to give the scabbards a hard time.

That was shown to be the case.

Nothing was really sacrificed.

Good animation, trash adaptation. Where is the moment with King and Raizo that gave him the scar on his forehead? Where is Quinn witg poison vs Denjiro and Kanjuro?

So in the manga young denjuro was fighting equally with King 1 v 1?
refresh my memory pls.