One Piece Episode 998 - Zeus' Treason?! The Cornered Nami!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 56 62.9%
  • 4/5

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • 3/5

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • 2/5

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters
If there is any criticism I will give, is that Toei shouldn't have reused the same animation for the Sanji kicks and instead we should have seen something new.

Other than that, I don't have any problem with Sanji vs King in this episode.

If there is any criticism I will give, is that Toei shouldn't have reused the same animation for the Sanji kicks and instead we should have seen something new.

Using a simple palm to no sell a powerful attack, when he failed to bust through Sanji's guard when the both clashed kicks doesn't really make sense though, unless King's simple palm>>>>King's serious kick (two > because it was no sold, two > because it was a powerful attack he was dealing with, rather than a clash, so that is multiple tiers worth of portrayal being skewed).

Isn't there a animator or someone that really likes the Calamities?
Yeah, there is Tu Yong Ce.

He animated the fight scene this episode between Sanji and King.

As well as the Brachio Bomber scene.

And King kicking down Big Mum's ship.

And he also did a lot of Queen's dance sequence in 982.

He also did some fan art of the calamities as while back. He really likes animating King(but he also animates pretty much anything).

Episode: sanji and king, big mom fight
What you talk:

Funny is that this episode is glorious for 2 reason:
Candy Boy and Cry Mom
Thanks Toei I needed this episode :ihaha:
Next one will prove 2 thing first that Candy boy got KO due to not be present in all episode where stuff happen.
Second Big Mom is getting clown none other than Nico robin, Jimbe.

Just glorious :saden:

TOEI fucking degrades other characters like Sanji vs King, and Luffy losing against Batman etc. Their powerscaling inconsistencies are shutter than Oda ever shows in manga. They do nice animation with over the top wank only for Zoro.

Post automatically merged:

If base King 100
Hybrid Queen like 45
And your IQ is -infinity.

TOEI fucking degrades other characters like Sanji vs King, and Luffy losing against Batman etc. Their powerscaling inconsistencies are shutter than Oda ever shows in manga. They do nice animation with over the top wank only for Zoro.
They have a lot more to do than to engage in powerscaling. It has always been the main thing to give out spectacular animation and stretch the timing. They already had a template for this Sanji technique ready(Osoba kick). They just replaced the background and put King instead of PageOne.
Anime has always been considered an adaptation, no more. When Sanji knocked out Drake, Sanji's fans immediately started referring to the anime, forgetting the recent fight with PageOne, and now this.
If you take examples from anime, you will always encounter contradictions. Although in the manga itself, there are also a lot of them in this arc.

Guess the anime had to give King a bone since for the manga readers he was a meme at this point and for like 30 + more chapters :milaugh:
I don't think his character design is in sync with the voice actor. He sounds terrible. Jack took the initiative to support Kaido, Queen officially started the war for the crew by ending the banquet and telling them to pick up arms. King is just drifting.

People keep bringing up batman but never mention the fact that Luffy literally one shots batman the next time they meet using gum gum bullet, which is pretty much his weakest named move.