Spoiler One Piece Film "RED" Spoiler Discussion Thread.

It really is a shame that the film writers and directors created a more interesting villain in under 2 hours than Oda did with Kaido and Big Mom despite the years of build up.
Well when you see that Big Mom and her children, especially Smoothie, are better treated and used in a video game than in the manga you can see how much the quality of the characters writing had dropped.

It was made by a guy from Ghibli Studios
Mamoru Hosoda who also directed Wolf Children and The Boy and the Beast

I welcomed that movie, it brought some things that OP really lacks in terms of horror and seriousness. For once we could see some internal tensions and divisions within the Straw Hats caused and exploited by the antagonist and a really terrifying antagonist that brought terror to even Luffy and Robin.

The music was actually pretty great.
The plot is definitely better than a good chunk of OP Movies not that UTA as an antagonist is a great character; but better than any post ts villain (barring Doffy)
The big question is the lore; if OP does create a lore about Devil Kings then the movie May age decently well.

Although whoever wrote the story had a very low opinion of the marines; and since I dislike Fujitoras character I liked it but Fujitora fans really shouldn’t see it.
A movie has to be independent of the main story specially if you are considering what will happen in the future to make the movie better it is completelly non-sense.

The music was actually pretty great.
The plot is definitely better than a good chunk of OP Movies not that UTA as an antagonist is a great character; but better than any post ts villain (barring Doffy)
The big question is the lore; if OP does create a lore about Devil Kings then the movie May age decently well.

Although whoever wrote the story had a very low opinion of the marines; and since I dislike Fujitoras character I liked it but Fujitora fans really shouldn’t see it.
What the hell? Uta was nowhere close to being the best antagonist post time skip. She was just stupid if you ask me. More than anything she annoyed me with her ignorance. She wasn’t evil, she had a good end goal but the means for it made no sense, and she for some reason could not even begin to understand everyone telling her they were fine with the way things are so she makes them apart of her plan against their will, and continues to act like she doesn’t understand they didn’t want this. It’s just, no. Just a no for me, for her being an antagonist. Most of the other post ts antagonists at least know that they’re inconveniencing people and are intentionally doing so. Other then that l liked her and her vocals. Also the part about Fujitora?? The Admirals didn’t really do anything. They did not look bad whatsoever, they were just there. I genuinely don’t understand what even made you say that Fujitora fans shouldn’t watch. It’s not like he was just shitted on in the movie or something.