General & Others One piece is a mediocre series

Pre Timeskip had the environment be as much of a threat as The Marines and Pirates in Paradise.

Post Timeskip. A lot of the environment is man made(Punk Hazard, Tottoland etc) and the environment is barely a threat compared to the Yonkos and Doflamingo.
regardless of that, the only opponents there are Yonko's and their subordinates and marines, most of it is yonko territory ,, like bruh not somewhere you can chill out on and its relatively predictable where the plot is going to progress next

obviously in its current state it's offensively mediocre

this arc had hundreds of chapters of build up before hand, yet the plot is still generic as ever, and the conflict is still about defeating a false ruler because one of the inhabitants are friends with Luffy, there's no ideological nor personal rivaly nor any deep reasons for fighting the big bad ,so far there's actually no reason for this arc to even exist, it's just filler

Wano so far the worst arc in the serie imo

HxH
Jujutsu
Kingdom
nah
hxh>please stop comparing this weekly behemoth to a hiatus mangas
jjk>good but lets see 5 year later.
kingdom> cool i know, extremely 1 dimensional lmao
Post automatically merged:

Ok for the sake of the conversation ill assume that you are not a troll.
First of all most people started watching one piece at the marineford arc so they thought that since marineford was great then all the pre timeskip arcs were solid too. Thats not true at all.
People complain about the lack of death in one piece. Did arabasta arc had any deaths? Did skypiea had any deaths? Did ennies lobby had any deaths? What about thriller bark or sabaody? NO DEATHS AT ALL. Suddenly everyone started complaining about it. People like you, are not and wont ever be real one piece fans. First time i watched one piece was in 2002 and i guarantee that is better than ever. Its not perfect, flaws exist, but dont act like is suddenly bad or sth.
I am 100% sure that if we were in skypiea right now, none of you who complain about everything that is happening, would watch it. So make us a favor and stop watching it and return to the other mediocre manga you were reading before.
oh yeah for sure, all the old reader that caught up since arabasta I bet 100% enjoying this.
all this post vs pre....OP havent change for better or worse.

Last edited:
Personally the biggest problems are :
The cast became too big. Oda simply can't handle it. Zou a small arc with a small cast and it was the best post TS arc.
Bigger stakes ,however no tension whatsoever. You got the feeling the SH went for picnic in onigashima .
Putting your characters in situations that will get one person killed here and there ,but everyone gets out Scott-free over and over again removes any sense of danger. If it happens always in span of 1000 ch. yes the audience's skin will grow thick and won't care in the slightest about the drama Oda wants to sell.
The only time he really was successful at selling drama in Wano for me was kawamatsu flashback btw . I felt for that dude.

I still get some enjoyment out of it however and compare to the plethora of manga out there,I still rate it higher than a lot out there. It is not a subpar series.

Its a great series overall. Not many manga stories reached the level of Ennis Lobby or Marineford. I cant think of many mangas that reached this level of epicness =>

If you only talk about the post-TS, I dont really have much to change your mind. Tbh its not even average, its below average. As long as there is no real sense of danger, the post-TS will remain mediocre. Oda needs to kill a major character soon.

Its impossible because it's the true its low end medicore now repeating sad stories
No real action just tease
No character development
Side characters get more focus then villains and main cast
Anime is just to puke one good episode 20 whinnie poo animation

A decade ago the graphic was better than now

Garbage arcs PH and Dressrosa

Overall OP lost his edge its a pity

I’ve noticed that these threads pop up every Time there’s a couple of charters that people call « mediocre », while when two or three amazing chapters in a row are released people start praising OP again.
Like, millenial’s long term memory doesn’t really go beyond two chapters ago...

Honestly, I feel like I'm the only one who still likes the series on this website, lol.
No, you’re not alone.

Last edited:
The crew dynamic is gone
Tension is gone
Hype is gone
Pacing is worse
Story is meh
Fighting is meh

The good things left are world building and drawing.
World building is joke right now, i.e. it is repeatedly been said that Grand Line and New World are hell, but here we are, already past several arcs in New World but it felt like going through some circus shows.

Drawing is joke right now, Oda can't draw female character anymore and now resort to keep adding Nami clones, just put differrent hair color or add some horn. And their body proportion doesn't make any sense anymore.

It's kinda sad that One Piss is currently a joke manga with a joke MC.