Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• No, it's not a good adaption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
The story itself seems ok, but of the actors they take are half as bad as the ones in The Witcher then it's not worthy.
Yeah, a lot of well written material has been completely ruined by bad acting...I’m one of those people that thinks Netflix usually gets it right with their “originals,” and God knows they have the budget to either get a bunch of big name stars OR cast unknowns more suited to the roles without missing a step. Between that and the script snippet my friend @SmokedOut posted, I’m actually starting to get excited that this could work out well!

I would actually like if it was a different crew that we are following throughout the show instead of SH.

Crew with unheard DF powers and weapons. Occasionally hearing references to SH crew through newspapers or people.
Meeting known fan fav characters in a new storyline.

It would be way better for me than seeing same stuff as anime and manga just in IRL form. And let's be honest, East Blue ain't gonna catch interest of casual viewer.
:pepecafe:

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
Ok it's moving like Game of Thrones. With many different plotlines at a time. Tbh this actually good for it. Im pretty sure new casual viewers would be tired of Luffy after the first episode. Also helps with the pacing.
Right, it helps to show the story in a more dynamic light. Focusing on various elements, then piecing them all together will help to draw the viewers into the story more.

I haven't seen Witcher, is it really that bad?
I found the special effects ridiculous but that's ok, it's just a matter of budget (hopefully).
The first episode had me interested but then I went from disappointment to disappointment. I wasn't convinced by the actor, cavill (his voice is deeper than usual, a bit annoying tbh) or the actress that played the main witch.
It's watchable (fucking lockdown helps a lot), I'll probably watch the 2nd season now that I started it but if it stays that way I will drop it.

Yeah, a lot of well written material has been completely ruined by bad acting...I’m one of those people that thinks Netflix usually gets it right with their “originals,” and God knows they have the budget to either get a bunch of big name stars OR cast unknowns more suited to the roles without missing a step. Between that and the script snippet my friend @SmokedOut posted, I’m actually starting to get excited that this could work out well!
I'm not really a big fan of Netflix. Especially in regard of their cast.
So far I would say that Ozark and Godless are among the few where I think they made the right choices.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
I found the special effects ridiculous but that's ok, it's just a matter of budget (hopefully).
The first episode had me interested but then I went from disappointment to disappointment. I wasn't convinced by the actor, cavill (his voice is deeper than usual, a bit annoying tbh) or the actress that played the main witch.
It's watchable (fucking lockdown helps a lot), I'll probably watch the 2nd season now that I started it but if it stays that way I will drop it.
Hmm...I'll give it a shot, lol but I won't get my hopes up.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I'm not really a big fan of Netflix. Especially in regard of their cast.
So far I would say that Ozark and Godless are among the few where I think they made the right choices.
A lot of their shows suffer from late stage problems - the plot and pacing become really shitty as the show goes on, but I feel like a lot of them (House of Cards/Santa Clarita Diet/BoJack Horseman) remain great for at least a few seasons.

M

MD Zolo

I would actually like if it was a different crew that we are following throughout the show instead of SH.

Crew with unheard DF powers and weapons. Occasionally hearing references to SH crew through newspapers or people.
Meeting known fan fav characters in a new storyline.

It would be way better for me than seeing same stuff as anime and manga just in IRL form. And let's be honest, East Blue ain't gonna catch interest of casual viewer.
:pepecafe:
Why not?! Arlong Park remains one of the best written arcs. When people see the transition from Baratie to Arlong Park, they will be glued to their chairs.

But Zoro and Ussop's arcs are boring since Morgan is a trash villain and while Kuro is good, the whole thing was too silly. Nami's first arc (orange town?!!) is where the show should start and just show that Luffy and Zoro are already together (with flashbacks to describe how they got together).

Orange Town should be followed with 1-2 episode affair at Syrup village and then really focus on Baratie and Arlong Park.

I am really scared about this... i mean, we all have Dragonball Evolution in our mind and nobody wants to see this again.
Me too, very afraid. How can such a complex manga possibly turn out well as a live action? You can't turn the amazing ridiculousness or humour into... Live action. For starters how is our favourite rubber band going to stretch? :lusalty:

Also I always blabber about how One Piece is the best. Imagine people judging it based on a (very possibly bad) live action, I'd hate that :')

I found this in the forum of Pirateking. I'm Spanish, and often visit that Forum.

Do I have the authorization to put the link? In my case, I don't have any problem with that.

Mensajepor redon » Mar Mar 17, 2020 6:50 pm
La web Bounding Into Comics ha publicado detalles de un supuesto script del episodio piloto del Live-Action de One Piece.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/03/ ... ript-leak/

En este mundillo hay webs especializadas en publicar información de los episodios pilotos de las nuevas series que se van anunciando (como por ejemplo la web SeasonZero) así que no es raro ver este tipo de filtraciones. Sin embargo tomad con pinzas todo lo que voy a escribir más abajo porque no sabemos si puede ser un fake o no, simplemente lo publico como curiosidad.

El script que les envió su fuente data del 7 de Junio de 2019 y tiene como título "Romance Dawn". Aquí os dejo los detalles más interesantes.

- El episodio empieza en Loguetown donde vemos a un joven Smoker en la ejecución de Gold Roger, intentando hacerse un hueco entre la gente (algo parecido a las escenas de relleno del Anime en esta parte).

- El primer gran añadido lo tendríamos en la ejecución de Roger, ya que en Loguetown estarían Kong (Almirante de la Flota de la Marina de esa época) y Sengoku, y serían ellos los que dan la orden de ejecución a los Marines que ponen fin a la vida de Roger.

- Después pasaríamos a Villa de Fushchia, donde vemos a Luffy, Shanks y varios de los Piratas de Akagami.

- Toda esa parte es prácticamente un 1:1 con la serie, aunque no veríamos la escena en la que Luffy se clava el puñal en la cara para demostrar lo valiente que es. Simplemente vemos a Luffy con unas vendas, luego se las quita y así podemos ver su famosa cicatriz.

- Tras la parte de Villa de Fushchia, hay una escena en la que vemos a Zoro en un santuario en la cima de una montaña. En esta escena vemos cómo se aproxima al antiguo Mr. 7 y lo mata en un combate. Recordad que durante el arco de Arabasta, Miss Doublefinger comenta que el anterior Mr. 7 intentó reclutar a Zoro para que se uniese al Baroque Works pero que este lo mató y Zoro le dice que recuerde que la culpa es suya por no aceptar sus condiciones (Zoro sólo se uniría a ellos si pasaba a ser el jefe directamente).

- Después nos presentan a Alvida, Koby y los Piratas de Alvida y de nuevo toda esta parte es muy fiel a la historia que conocemos.

- Tras la parte de Alvida, tenemos otra escena algo diferente al Manga. Zoro no es apresado por los Marines por defender a Rika de Soro (el perro de Helmeppo al que Zoro mata). Aquí Zoro ataca a Helmeppo después de que este haya causado problemas en el bar donde trabaja Rika.

- El castigo de Zoro es el mismo que en el Manga, aunque el script del episodio piloto dice que Zoro es atado a una cruz tradicional y no a un poste (aunque en el fondo parezca también una cruz).

- El episodio piloto termina con Luffy y Koby en un bote, con Luffy recordando la promesa que le hizo a Shanks de convertirse en el Rey de los Piratas y la escena final es Zoro atado a la cruz de madera.

Como he dicho antes, no se puede saber ahora mismo si esto es real o no, así que no hagáis juicios adelantados por si acaso.

I found this in the forum of Pirateking. I'm Spanish, and often visit that Forum.

Do I have the authorization to put the link? In my case, I don't have any problem with that.

Mensajepor redon » Mar Mar 17, 2020 6:50 pm
La web Bounding Into Comics ha publicado detalles de un supuesto script del episodio piloto del Live-Action de One Piece.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/03/ ... ript-leak/

En este mundillo hay webs especializadas en publicar información de los episodios pilotos de las nuevas series que se van anunciando (como por ejemplo la web SeasonZero) así que no es raro ver este tipo de filtraciones. Sin embargo tomad con pinzas todo lo que voy a escribir más abajo porque no sabemos si puede ser un fake o no, simplemente lo publico como curiosidad.

El script que les envió su fuente data del 7 de Junio de 2019 y tiene como título "Romance Dawn". Aquí os dejo los detalles más interesantes.

- El episodio empieza en Loguetown donde vemos a un joven Smoker en la ejecución de Gold Roger, intentando hacerse un hueco entre la gente (algo parecido a las escenas de relleno del Anime en esta parte).

- El primer gran añadido lo tendríamos en la ejecución de Roger, ya que en Loguetown estarían Kong (Almirante de la Flota de la Marina de esa época) y Sengoku, y serían ellos los que dan la orden de ejecución a los Marines que ponen fin a la vida de Roger.

- Después pasaríamos a Villa de Fushchia, donde vemos a Luffy, Shanks y varios de los Piratas de Akagami.

- Toda esa parte es prácticamente un 1:1 con la serie, aunque no veríamos la escena en la que Luffy se clava el puñal en la cara para demostrar lo valiente que es. Simplemente vemos a Luffy con unas vendas, luego se las quita y así podemos ver su famosa cicatriz.

- Tras la parte de Villa de Fushchia, hay una escena en la que vemos a Zoro en un santuario en la cima de una montaña. En esta escena vemos cómo se aproxima al antiguo Mr. 7 y lo mata en un combate. Recordad que durante el arco de Arabasta, Miss Doublefinger comenta que el anterior Mr. 7 intentó reclutar a Zoro para que se uniese al Baroque Works pero que este lo mató y Zoro le dice que recuerde que la culpa es suya por no aceptar sus condiciones (Zoro sólo se uniría a ellos si pasaba a ser el jefe directamente).

- Después nos presentan a Alvida, Koby y los Piratas de Alvida y de nuevo toda esta parte es muy fiel a la historia que conocemos.

- Tras la parte de Alvida, tenemos otra escena algo diferente al Manga. Zoro no es apresado por los Marines por defender a Rika de Soro (el perro de Helmeppo al que Zoro mata). Aquí Zoro ataca a Helmeppo después de que este haya causado problemas en el bar donde trabaja Rika.

- El castigo de Zoro es el mismo que en el Manga, aunque el script del episodio piloto dice que Zoro es atado a una cruz tradicional y no a un poste (aunque en el fondo parezca también una cruz).

- El episodio piloto termina con Luffy y Koby en un bote, con Luffy recordando la promesa que le hizo a Shanks de convertirse en el Rey de los Piratas y la escena final es Zoro atado a la cruz de madera.

Como he dicho antes, no se puede saber ahora mismo si esto es real o no, así que no hagáis juicios adelantados por si acaso.
Thank you so much!
My native language is Mandarin. So it's hard to find the other sources. Thank you for helping and sending the link! I am moved right now. Because the scrips seem like imteresting.