News One Piece: Vivre Card (Data book)-Discussion Thread

It's only his hype because of which people think that he could use it consciously. Other than that nothing proves it. No direct implication or anything
Nothing proves that Rayleigh /Shanks/Mihawk can either apart from hype

Besides Asura's statement, we never saw Oden use COC burst either.

Maybe not at his limit but he was still pretty desperate to save his country. I don't personally think not being at his limit is a counter-point but it's your opinion so okay.
It is. It would be like MF Whitebeard unlocking a new ability when he was trying to save Ace. He wouldn't be able to because we know he's past his prime.

Oden's statement meant he was already in his prime (even the narrator supports this by saying that Oden cane back invincible) which means there's nothing else he could do to get stronger.
So going from saying that to unlocking a new ability is contradictory.

This is inapposite to Zoro's situation where he is not in his prime and was only talking about his current fighting ability

But I'm not talking about that lightning, I'm talking about the one which comes off from the weapon (Or in Luffy's case, the hand) itself. It's pretty different from CoA lightning and the lightening the forms as an effect of the CoC clash. The latter 2 are pretty confusing, yes.
I don't think so. Maybe it will be cleared soon.
We even have situations where COC attacks touch and where they don't touch, we don't even know what that means.

When Zoro unconsciously used his, we see a black stripe coming from Kaido, we don't know what that means either

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Oden never mastered CoC coating. He just subconsciously used it to scar kaido just like Zoro did.
According to ASHURA ODEN could use the basic COC to knock out RANDOM, that's what he implied in his phrase to luffy in chapter 923/924, and we know that ODEN has already fought a battle against all of KURI and with ASHURA, in which ASHURA obtained this information, so if a newer ODEN, before going to MAR with WB, could already use the basic COC, assuming that it can use it in an advanced way years later is not a bad idea. I'm still betting on the idea that ODEN could coat his blade with a conqueror when he returned to WANO, triumphant and invincible, with the most powerful sword style in the world even with ROGER alive, if we're going to look at KIMONO. Well, but it's not like I'm right, ODEN accidentally triggering it is also viable.

Nothing proves that Rayleigh /Shanks/Mihawk can either apart from hype
Well, the difference is that Rayleigh and Shanks were actually hyped up for their CoC by Oda whereas Oden wasn't. And as for Mihawk, unless Zoro never actually masters CoC which is quite unlikely, Mihawk got to have it.

Besides Asura's statement, we never saw Oden use COC burst either.
Exactly my point.

It is. It would be like MF Whitebeard unlocking a new ability when he was trying to save Ace. He wouldn't be able to because we know he's past his prime.
All this aside, I still can't understand why Oden has to be the only exception to the black lightning thing. Literally, every other CoC attack (other than Zoro's subconscious one) has had a black streak to it including BM's, Kaido's Luffy's, WB's and Roger's. How come Oden is the only one whose CoC imbued attacks don't have that?

Well, the difference is that Rayleigh and Shanks were actually hyped up for their CoC by Oda whereas Oden wasn't. And as for Mihawk, unless Zoro never actually masters CoC which is quite unlikely, Mihawk got to have it.
Oden is also hyped. That's the point. You can't pick and choose what you want

Yet that doesn't mean Oden didn't have COC burst

All this aside, I still can't understand why Oden has to be the only exception to the black lightning thing. Literally, every other CoC attack (other than Zoro's subconscious one) has had a black streak to it including BM's, Kaido's Luffy's, WB's and Roger's. How come Oden is the only one whose CoC imbued attacks don't have that?
The subconscious - conscious comparison is quite irrelevant. In all those cases COC was coated in the attack. You'd have to prove that consciousness actually creates the black streak.

It is the same reason WCI Luffy, Jinbei, Katakuri, Franky, Ulti, etc showed back lightning for COA yet Zoro didn't show any black lightning for COA

D

Deleted member 83

I still can't figure out the reason they messed up Cat and Dog's height in their old cards, the numbers are completely different so it's not like it was a typo, and I don't think they have the nerve to just make data up, did Oda give them the wrong set of heights?

Last edited by a moderator:
I still can't figure out the reason they messed up Cat and Dog's height in their old cards, the numbers are completely different so it's not like it was a typo, and I don't think they have the nerve to just making data up, did Oda give them the wrong set of heights?

i think they get old height from an early design/Note but oda change it later like kinda like oars

I still can't figure out the reason they messed up Cat and Dog's height in their old cards, the numbers are completely different so it's not like it was a typo, and I don't think they have the nerve to just make data up, did Oda give them the wrong set of heights?

Isn't it their normal forms compared to sulong? :suresure:

The long gone moment when you realize Katakuri's bounty is just a tad bigger than Jack's and all of your life experiences pass by.

Bounties are such a broad matter in most instances.

Definitely not weak, definitely not remotely as flabbergasting as our man Kuri most likely.
Jack just gets the shittest assignments.

"Okay Jack, take on a nation filled with super strong minks."

"Okay Jack, free Doflamingo from a legendary vice admiral, a former fleet admiral and an admiral"

"Okay Jack, fight an elephant the size of a country."

"Okay Jack, take on this entire army of super duper strong sulong minks"

S

stealthblack

Îs IT wierd that the mythical phoenix bord has same bounty as a ancient brachyosaurus. Guess IT just Like how law has 5 billion fruit but he îs only worth 500m. But IT could be that wg doesn't know about his power.

Jack just gets the shittest assignments.

"Okay Jack, take on a nation filled with super strong minks."

"Okay Jack, free Doflamingo from a legendary vice admiral, a former fleet admiral and an admiral"

"Okay Jack, fight an elephant the size of a country."

"Okay Jack, take on this entire army of super duper strong sulong minks"
Honestly though, jacks an insane powerhouse and honestly pretty solid character. this is why I hope he’s not taken down by inu.