Powers & Abilities [Poll] What Is Zoro's Asura?

What is the Source of Asura? (Choose up to Two)

• Haki: Haoshoku

• Haki: Busoshoku

• Haki: Kenbunshoku

• Haki: a combination of multiple colours

• Haki: an entirely new colour/flavour

• Cursed Sword: Sandai Kitetsu

• Zoro's "spirit"

• A special lineage/bloodline ability

• Something else unexplained

Results are only viewable after voting.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rob Lucci for Nakama. Vivi x Lucci Forever
[No thread this time, I don't actually have the energy to type up a long thread.]

What do you guys think Asura is? What's the source?

Is it some form of haki? Something to do with cursed swords? A manifestation of Zoro's spirit? Something else entirely?
My offhand guess would be the spirits of his ancestors aiding him from the Underworld. The man who has been called "Demon" so many times literally channeling the angry spirits of his ancestors to massacre his enemies sounds fun.

I'm going through Enies Lobby right now, so, maybe my opinion will change after watching that fight.

There is only about 5 major power systems in One Piece
- Haki : Nobody ever shown anything like Asura so my guess is a fat no
- Devil Fruits : Zoro can swim so no
- Martials arts : clearly No
- Technology : obviously No
- Genetic abilities : like Electro , King flame etc.. : this is where Oda can go wild , it's also the only power system where Ashura would make sense , so this is likely the only possibility.

Also Zoro was introduced as a "Demon" , so my guess is that he is half Demon and the Earrings are a Seal for his Demonic powers
Lol what if it’s the freaking bandana 😂😂😂

[No thread this time, I don't actually have the energy to type up a long thread.]

What do you guys think Asura is? What's the source?

Is it some form of haki? Something to do with cursed swords? A manifestation of Zoro's spirit? Something else entirely?
I think its something Zoro unlocked by meditating,since he seems to be a buddhist.It has nothing to do with haki since he had it since pre-skip.

Why does no other Haoshoku user shut down people's COO with their haki or disable DF abilities?

Why can't all COO users sense emotions, see through walls or see the future?

Why can't all Busoshoku users create barriers or projectiles of haki?

Each colour of haki has multiple applications. Some of those applications are unique to a particular user.

I think Asura is an advanced form of Haoshoku
So you are saying gazami dori or ushi bari against Daz Bones were CoC too? Or Enbima Yonezu was CoC? The spirit auras have been unique to Zoro, there must be a good reason for that.

Illusions dont cut, Asura's extra swords do.
So either we gotta redefine what illusions are or we gotta classify Asura as non-illusion.
Right, asura makysen made 9 cuts to the pacifista

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Kaku used the kanji for Haki to describe it
Do you have a credible source for this?

I think its something Zoro unlocked by meditating,since he seems to be a buddhist.It has nothing to do with haki since he had it since pre-skip.
Zoro had (advanced forms) of haki since preskip:
Furthermore, Zoro showed advanced forms of haki preskip:
  • Kenbunshoku: he knew where the rocks wouldn't fall
    • Future sight?
  • Busoshoku: he could "hear the breath of all things" and obtained the power to not cut leaves but cut steel
    • Ryuo
  • Haoshoku: Asura?
    • Kaku said that he created Asura with his "spirit"

Sandai kitetsu but Zoro must align his Aura with the sword.. Perhaps an intermediate level to CoC..
Post automatically merged:

He calls it spirit and that's what Haki means in general.
You're right Rayleigh uses the same term than kaku to describe CoC the very own wielder's spirit - kihaku..

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
CoC manifestation unique to someone with an entirely combat focused goal.
Post automatically merged:

Swords are also pretty mystical in one piece, especially the way they interact with haki flow.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Zoro says "KI-KI" Kyutoryu , similar to HA-KI , it's 2 Kanji and the second is the same
"Ki Ki" means "demon spirit" no? I don't think that shows that it's necessarily the same thing as "haki". It would have been different if it included "haki" outright, but sharing one character in common is not credible evidence.

Illusions dont cut, Asura's extra swords do.
So either we gotta redefine what illusions are or we gotta classify Asura as non-illusion.
nothing needs to be redefined, you simply don't know what an illusion is .
illusion: a thing that is or is likely to be wrongly perceived or interpreted by the senses.

zoro doesn't actually grow two heads and spare arms , he doesn't manufacture two new wados and enmas either.
by definition that's an illusion because they are seeing things that aren't actually there .

so why do the extra swords that people see feel like they cut?

safe to assume his haki in ashura is much greater than his regular attacks so it infact does feel like he is using 9 swords rather than the 3 he has always held on to.

nothing needs to be redefined, you simply don't know what an illusion is .
illusion: a thing that is or is likely to be wrongly perceived or interpreted by the senses.

zoro doesn't actually grow two heads and spare arms , he doesn't manufacture two new wados and enmas either.
by definition that's an illusion because they are seeing things that aren't actually there .

so why do the extra swords that people see feel like they cut?

safe to assume his haki in ashura is much greater than his regular attacks so it infact does feel like he is using 9 swords rather than the 3 he has always held on to.
that's way too convoluted , why should he call his attack "9 sword style" if the other 6 swords are just fake?
they are 9 tangible swords , Kaido will confirm if you ask him