Current Events Rayleigh statement doesn't mean in his Prime he would 100% beat Blackbeard

Either way, it just means the possibility of victory is there in his youth, but not a certainty.
interpret it how ever you like
ray seems pretty confident in his primes power also bb know about him and choose to let go of his goal of getting boas DF and i don't think he care that much about his crew compare to getting strong df dude came from new world to paradise just for her DF
also bb isn't in prime, prime bb is probably stronger than roger and wb
prime ray is over most of top tier but blow wb and roger

For me personally this is a proxy war. If Prime Ray can defeat old versions of BB or stale the current version of BB (these are the safest bet), then Zoro's peak isn't far from Luffy's peak (I don't say close, just not far).
Zoro and Luffy's peak are far from each other. Very far in fact.

We know this due to Luffy having advanced Haki in all 3 catagories, as well as stronger haki.
Not just that Luffy in Gear 5 never dodged or Blocked kaido's attacks. he only used emission coc + coa haki once in Gear 5, while he was using it all the time in base/g2+g3 in chapter 1037.

Meaning Luffy with Mastered Gear 5 with his CURRENT Level of HAKI is stronger than Prime Roger and Prime Whitebeard.

Luffy's Haki is still going to grow stronger and better from where it is now. Luffy will have haki superior to Shanks and MAstered Gear 5 Awakening mode.

With the official translation out I thought I'd make a thread about Rayleigh statement this chapter which has people running with Prime Rayleigh>Blackbeard being definitive or set in stone.

The official translations have clear some things up. First Rayleigh never mentions his reputation being the reason Blackbeard retreat and instead says "Particulars of the situation made it possible to save her". This particulars regarding situation had many factors that were unfavourable to Blackbeard with his crew petrified he'd had to take on the Kuja army alongside Rayleigh and Hancock had Rayleigh been able to free her.

Rayleigh also did not state he would beat Blackbeard in his prime, only that "At my age, I couldn't have possibly won in a Head To Head bout against Blackbeard." Rayleigh is basically telling us that in his current state, he has no chance against Blackbeard. Rayleigh's statement does not confirm that if he had been in his prime, he would have defeated Blackbeard, only that he would have had a chance, unlike he has today.
BB pooping his pants at the thought of facing Rayleigh was more than enough proof. Prime Ray>Current BB and BB knows this. His COO is too low level to ascertain that Rayleigh's strength has dropped drastically though.
Post automatically merged:

Bruh Rayleigh straight up said he stood no chance against current BB.

Somehow BB manage to look good even after running from him
Yonkou beating an old man who got gassed fighting Kizaru isn't a positive feat.
Post automatically merged:

Zoro parallels Rayleigh, so the L transfers from person to person.
Only L is a lonkou with two dfs running away from 80 year old swordsman with no df. :milaugh:

For me personally this is a proxy war. If Prime Ray can defeat old versions of BB or stale the current version of BB (these are the safest bet), then Zoro's peak isn't far from Luffy's peak (I don't say close, just not far).
It's irrelevant to me as if you look at it this way

Prime Luffy > Prime Roger
Prime Zoro > Prime Rayleigh

Prime Roger > Prime Rayleigh
Prime Luffy > Prime Zoro

interpret it how ever you like
ray seems pretty confident in his primes power also bb know about him and choose to let go of his goal of getting boas DF and i don't think he care that much about his crew compare to getting strong df dude came from new world to paradise just for her DF
also bb isn't in prime, prime bb is probably stronger than roger and wb
prime ray is over most of top tier but blow wb and roger
Rayleigh is a Top Tier. Everyone knows that. Oda has already established that in the story.

This scene was meant to benefit and hype Blackbeard who has no individual post Timeskip feats or achievements, so it's hard to place him in the power structure of the World.

Now we know that Blackbeard is powerful enough that even Rayleigh is uncertain of how a fight would play out between his younger self and Blackbeard, but he knows at his current age, he would not win.

That let's us know that there is no longer room for debate as to whether or not Blackbeard is truly a top tier.

If Blackbeard thought he could beat prime rayleigh he would have destroyed him right then and there instead of agreeing to a deal. He isn't himself aware that Rayleigh significantly declined due to age. Its pretty clear that Prime Rayleigh is superior

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
"I stand no chance at my age". Implying he stands a chance in his younger years.

That's not saying it would be a definite win if he was younger.
That's not it. If he says he'd lose in old age. It only implies certainty in losing in old age. It doesn't directly imply anything concerning his younger self although you could interpret it as him saying his younger self has better chances. The issue here is that you'd use the same dialogue regardless of whether or not you're confident about your younger self winning.

Ιts not that hard to figure out. Old rayleigh<<Bb
Prime rayleigh≤BB. For his sake Bb is a coward who was the cabin boy of whitebeard and had witnessed the dark king in his full might. So Bb has a trauma or sth. Imo teach>prime rayleigh
Teach>>old rayleigh

That's not it. If he says he'd lose in old age. It only implies certainty in losing in old age. It doesn't directly imply anything concerning his younger self although you could interpret it as him saying his younger self has better chances. The issue here is that you'd use the same dialogue regardless of whether or not you're confident about your younger self winning.
He didn't just say he would "lose in old age.". He said he would "stand no chance."

You can't take the phrase "stand no chance" and flip it to infer "I would win"

If the inference was meant to be that he would win in his younger days, then his statement would have been "I can't win in my old age." That would imply that he believes he would win if he was younger.

Saying he believes he stands no chance now, infers he believes he stands a chance if he was younger, not "I would definitely win."