Questions & Mysteries Rivalry between Zoro and Sanji

Rivalry is

• Total voters
More than 50% of this forums discussion is Zoro vs Sanji.

Both fanbases constantly react to anything that has to do with the other character, such as the making of this thread.

The very design of these characters from them being the same age, and Zoro being pushed to be a single cm taller than Sanji both pre and both time skip.

Oda being asked in an SBS who's stronger and him publishing the question but diverting and not giving an answer to keep the discussion going.

Oda drawing paralels between Zoro and Sanji and a centuries old rivalry between the giants in Little Garden

They constantly tease each other when it comes to their strength and try to assert superiority, and it's not one sided, Zoro's just as sensitive about it :

Ask random One Piece readers about One Piece rivals and a significant majority will immediately think of Zoro and Sanji.

Zoro and Sanji compete for the same thing. That thing is bragging rights, and rubbing one's superiority in the other's face.

Whether is bounty, general strength, or whatever they can find in the spur of the moment to compete on, they are more than happy to try to one up the other, and salty whenever things don't go their way or the other teases them in regards to strength/bounty etc.

Like in the examples i've given above, Zoro is immediately shown to be sensitive when Sanji's strength is praised, or he's teased by Sanji with his currently superior bounty.

Their rivalry basically fits most this example from the definition i quoted

There's such rivalry among/between my three sons.
As they share a rivalry such as one would see between siblings.

It's not just a specific field that they compete in, but general strength/bounty/fame, and pretty much anything else they might come upon that allows them to compete with eachother, such as a hunting contest as the one i mentioned from back in Little Garden.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
More than 50% of this forums discussion is Zoro vs Sanji.

Both fanbases constantly react to anything that has to do with the other character, such as the making of this thread.

The very design of these characters from them being the same age, and Zoro being pushed to be a single cm taller than Sanji both pre and both time skip.

Oda being asked in an SBS who's stronger and him publishing the question but diverting and not giving an answer to keep the discussion going.

Oda drawing paralels between Zoro and Sanji and a centuries old rivalry between the giants in Little Garden

They constantly tease each other when it comes to their strength and try to assert superiority, and it's not one sided, Zoro's just as sensitive about it :

Ask random One Piece readers about One Piece rivals and a significant majority will immediately think of Zoro and Sanji.

Zoro and Sanji compete for the same thing. That thing is bragging rights, and rubbing one's superiority in the other's face.

Whether is bounty, general strength, or whatever they can find in the spur of the moment to compete on, they are more than happy to try to one up the other, and salty whenever things don't go their way or the other teases them in regards to strength/bounty etc.

Like in the examples i've given above, Zoro is immediately shown to be sensitive when Sanji's strength is praised, or he's teased by Sanji with his currently superior bounty.

Their rivalry basically fits most this example from the definition i quoted

As they share a rivalry such as one would see between siblings.

It's not just a specific field that they compete in, but general strength/bounty/fame, and pretty much anything else they might come upon that allows them to compete with eachother, such as a hunting contest as the one i mentioned from back in Little Garden.
So just gags nothing serious and sanji gets dogwalked

So just gags nothing serious and sanji gets dogwalked
Zoro high diffs in combat, and wins/loses/draws in whatever else they compete in, depending on what exactly it is.

Zoro unlike some of his fans respects and acknowledges Sanji's strength, which is why he says for example in Zou that nothing could have happened to the SH's because they were with Sanji.

He sees Sanji on a whole different level than any member of the crew not named Luffy/Zoro, and even though a Mid 3 fighter like Brook was also on Zou, he still perceives Sanji as much stronger and a protector that would shield all of them from any harm.

And that also feeds into why he get's sensitive when Sanji's strength get's praised by others. He sees Sanji as someone close enough to be competitive with him and give him a challenge, as much as he wouldn't like to admit that to Sanji's face.

HA001

Zoro high diffs in combat, and wins/loses/draws in whatever else they compete in, depending on what exactly it is.

Zoro unlike some of his fans respects and acknowledges Sanji's strength, which is why he says for example in Zou that nothing could have happened to the SH's because they were with Sanji.

He sees Sanji on a whole different level than any member of the crew not named Luffy/Zoro, and even though a Mid 3 fighter like Brook was also on Zou, he still perceives Sanji as much stronger and a protector that would shield all of them from any harm.

And that also feeds into why he get's sensitive when Sanji's strength get's praised by others. He sees Sanji as someone close enough to be competitive with him and give him a challenge, as much as he wouldn't like to admit that to Sanji's face.
Zoro one shots in combat
Zoro already has FEATS eos sanji can't dream of top tier feats against top tiers whilst sanji shat himself from boro breath

HA001

Fresh post Senzu Bean Zoro will high diff tired out by Marco King while tired Sanji who carried Zoro to safety and fought Hybrid Queen in base while protecting Zoro and his medical squad will mid diff Queen :myman:
Broken bones zoro after taking the strongest attack in the series so far still has enough power to factually one shot sanji
Cry more

The only one using headcanon here is you talking about fights that haven't happened to try pretend they are even close
Meanwhile in reality zoros feats shit on sanji and even eos sanji won't have top tier feats like that
:kobeha:

EoS Zoro and Sanji will both beat Admirals in the final war in a couple of hours :stealthblack:

Make Akainu look shitty for fighting Aokiji 10 whole days :denzimote:

Fresh post Senzu Bean Zoro will high diff tired out by Marco King while tired Sanji who carried Zoro to safety and fought Hybrid Queen in base while protecting Zoro and his medical squad will mid diff Queen :myman:
If that doesn't happen how are you going to cope, mister?

Or will you pretend you never said this and come up with a new head-canon? Just like how people have been doing since beginning of Onigashima after being proven wrong again, again and again.

If that doesn't happen how are you going to cope, mister?

Or will you pretend you never said this and come up with a new head-canon? Just like how people have been doing since beginning of Onigashima after being proven wrong again, again and again.
My headcanons so far have been :

5 SN's vs 2 Yonko on the roof is not the final fight
Characters will come down from the roof, go up on the roof, and the final stage will probably not even be the roof
Sanji will fight Queen
Sanji vs Queen will be a solo fight
Zoro will fight King

I've argued with both Zoro and Sanji's fanbases for these and so far i got nothing but a perfect record, so no reason to back off on any of them :kayneshrug:

Especially with Zoro i was getting insane push saying that there's 0% chance he comes down from the roof or get's anywhere close to King before the arc ends, and now he's all but recovered on basically the same level as King :milaugh:

So i'd appreciate not grouping me with the people i've had to argue against for months, and who ended up proven wrong through out the Onigashima so far :feelsokeman:

My headcanons so far have been :

5 SN's vs 2 Yonko on the roof is not the final fight
Characters will come down from the roof, go up on the roof, and the final stage will probably not even be the roof
Sanji will fight Queen
Sanji vs Queen will be a solo fight
Zoro will fight King

I've argued with both Zoro and Sanji's fanbases for these and so far i got nothing but a perfect record, so no reason to back off on any of them :kayneshrug:

Especially with Zoro i was getting insane push saying that there's 0% chance he comes down from the roof or get's anywhere close to King before the arc ends, and now he's all but recovered on basically the same level as King :milaugh:
My man you said fresh Zoro will high-diff an exhausted King while Sanji mid-diffs Queen lol

We'll see what happens. I still bet my money on Zoro returning to the roof because both narrative and current story-telling is heavily inclined in that favor (hell, Oda went on to finish 3 of TR fights without even having Zoro get up, while he set up Sanji vs Queen before any of them got to the climax).

Regardless, even if Zoro does fight King, it'll be nothing above mid-diff and he won't bother using Asura. Either that, or immediate Asura into quick end.

With that said, regardless of whatever that happens, Zoro's business with Kaido isn't over yet (and no, this isn't even about ZKK). We shall see :cheers:

Just don't hide after Wano's end when the time comes to take the finalized L

My man you said fresh Zoro will high-diff an exhausted King while Sanji mid-diffs Queen lol

We'll see what happens. I still bet my money on Zoro returning to the roof because both narrative and current story-telling is heavily inclined in that favor (hell, Oda went on to finish 3 of TR fights without even having Zoro get up, while he set up Sanji vs Queen before any of them got to the climax).

Regardless, even if Zoro does fight King, it'll be nothing above mid-diff and he won't bother using Asura. Either that, or immediate Asura into quick end.

With that said, regardless of whatever that happens, Zoro's business with Kaido isn't over yet (and no, this isn't even about ZKK). We shall see :cheers:

Just don't hide after Wano's end when the time comes to take the finalized L
Yo don't take the difficulty thing serious :milaugh:

Just shit talking back and forth with @HA001 since he's pushing to similar extremes, so i might as well have fun with it :fujilaugh: