Powers & Abilities Roger could not turn his Supreme Grade Sword into a Black Blade even Though he Loved his sword .......

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Vivre Card reveals that Roger uses a Supreme Grade Sword called Ace.
Roger also loved his sword.
However, Roger couldn't forge the sword into a Black Blade

Why?

Discuss.
@Light D Lamperouge @hedera__helix @Zowo @HA001 @nik87 @stairs-kun @Finalbeta
It's a feat Oda wants to give only to 3 greatest haki antenna users - the Ancient legend Ryuma, the current legend Mihawk and the future legend Roronoa. All other haki antenna users by default fall below those 3. Roger was strong but not strong enough for Oda to give him a Kokuto.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Yes portraying love to be that much of a determining factor would have constituted quite bad writing in my opinion.

I'm still on the haki forges black blade train but I would like further inventive from Oda too that being said. For example portraying various types of haki being the factors and not just one.

For example total haki output = total will output.

I'll post what I've said in a previous thread regarding this matter.

One of One Piece's MAJOR theme is "Inherited Will". So What is "Will" Its Haki and ones goals and wishes.
So When you mention haki doesn't Store itself into blades like a power battery storage I agree; It doesn't store CoA into the blade from its previous owners but it does carry his Haki "Will"(Desire and Wishes).

I think Blacking a Blade is a long historical process of battles, training, skills and time spent on your journey through this blade but
MOST importantly being successful in your mission, goal, desire, wish, or "Haki".

Like Oden's "Haki" (Will, Desire, Wishes) through Enma to Slay Kaido or Kuina's through Wado Ichimonji to become the Greatest Swordman. Just like how Luffy carries Roger's "Inherited Will" through the strawhat.

Heck after Zoro Defeats Mihawk (at this moment Wado willl turn Black) he will leave Wado back at the dojo with Kuina's grave. Signifying his inherited will complete and promise fulfilled.

Your willed channeled into a sword and left unfulfilled will not turn it black. Hence you get "Enma". Oden Failed to kill Kaido.
But when Enma's inherited will is fulfilled which being the last thing necessary for it to turn black then it will be complete.

Same thing can be said about Roger, Shanks, or Oden. In this case their greatest "will" or desire is something that is unfulfilled.

Roger greatest desire(will) was left unfulfilled (all these hints about Roger is waiting for someone) he left it to shanks or future generations.

So when it comes to making a Black Blade and why most of the powerful people not been successful into making one. The reason i think its most likely due to People like Oden, Roger, WB ,Shanks, and Kuina carry their Haki "desire and wishes" into their blades and because their "Haki" was left with no conclusion or incomplete they failed to turn it black.

Ryuma became a Sword God,King = Black Blade = Will fulfilled
Mihawk became WSSwordsman= Black Blade = Will fulfilled
Oden Failed his Greatest Desire to Slay Kaido thus unable to make Enma Black. Enma still Carries the "Will or Haki" of Oden to Slay Kaido which would turn it black when fulfilled.
Kuina's Wado will turn Black when Zoro defeats Mihawk.

Last edited:
He's weak. The weak should fear the strong.:milaugh::milaugh::milaugh:
Post automatically merged:

It's a feat Oda wants to give only to 3 greatest haki antenna users - the Ancient legend Ryuma, the current legend Mihawk and the future legend Roronoa. All other haki antenna users by default fall below those 3. Roger was strong but not strong enough for Oda to give him a Kokuto.
"haki antenna users":kobeha::kobeha::kobeha:

Maybe it has to be a mutual thing the sword also has to love/acknowledge the user:blush:. For Zoro it happened twice once when he first got the Sandai and then Shusui from Ryuma so it could be combination possessing exceptional haki and being accepted by your swords. Even Enma submitted pretty quickly to Zoro and hasn't been acting too wild

Maybe it has to be a mutual thing the sword also has to love/acknowledge the user:blush:. For Zoro it happened twice once when he first got the Sandai and then Shusui from Ryuma so it could be combination possessing exceptional haki and being accepted by your swords. Even Enma submitted pretty quickly to Zoro and hasn't been acting too wild

But then would that mean Roger wasn't accepted by his sword?