Powers & Abilities Roger could not turn his Supreme Grade Sword into a Black Blade even Though he Loved his sword .......

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
1. it could be unfulfilled will
2. it could simply be an effort made to turn their blades black , raise its rank , that others simply didnt do
real question is why oda had mihawk say that while training zoro on armament haki.
The effort thing is bullshit. I doubt ryuma tried to do make his sword black on purpose when it never had been done before.

Well, would be reasonabe. Enma turning black after beheading Kaido. When it's only Enma that will turn black. But that would mean that Wado turns black only once he defeats Mihawk. But what about Kitetsu? Wado is tied to his dream, Enma to Kaido. But Kitetsu?

I think there has to be a foundation for everyone? Like Roger's ambition being certainly higher than just becoming the WSS swordsman. I think that ambition should at least be tied to a battle context. If it was Roger's greatest ambition to become PK, which he could become without drawing his blade, why would the blade turn black?
Enma and Wado will turn Black like you've said. Regarding Kitetus series Blades I have a theory on that as well. I think Zoro's Character and personality matches the Kitetsu Series Blades. Zoro EOS will retire all his Black Blades and only carry Kitetu's series Blade which is similar to his character personality. We will not get to see Kitetus Sandai and Nidai turn Black maybe until Zoro fights Ghandi who has the Shodai or Shiryu who also seems to have a cursed Blade and there might be some connections between these cursed Blades.

Regarding Roger well.... Think of this. If Roger on his entire journey is pouring his "Haki"(Will, Desire, Ambition etc..) into his blade and he does not feel satisfied with the results after his journey because he thinks he failed. Roger "Haki" is still left unfulfilled. His Blade or maybe even the Strawhat carries his will but Roger Channels his will into is the Blade and not Strawhat so that's why his Blade knows Rogers regrets and sense of loss and unfulfillment.

Last edited:
The effort thing is bullshit. I doubt ryuma tried to do make his sword black on purpose when it never had been done before.
Ryuma alone was fighting against World government forces.
We know the World government possess some of the most powerful fruits. So Ryuma fought against Opponents who held the fruits of admirals.
Maybe even someone with the Gura also

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
How do you know Roger could not turn it into a black blade?? Did Oda tell you this? :few:
You have to be one deluded fellow to think the likes of Roger and WB can't turn a sword black permanently but a weaker combatant in Mihawk could:yasu:
It is obvious Roger and WB don't need to boost their sword cos they were powerful enough to defeat anyone bar Garp:giogio:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Ryuma alone was fighting against World government forces.
We know the World government possess some of the most powerful fruits. So Ryuma fought against Opponents who held the fruits of admirals.
Maybe even someone with the Gura also
If it is a battle style / goal will of the sword thing
Shusuis will was to protect wano so after many hard battles it would have happened

I wonder if wb whose goal and will was to protect his family, I wonder if he could use haki in marineford properly and won and saved ace would his weapon have turned black ? @RobotNinja

B

Ballel

How do you know Roger could not turn it into a black blade?? Did Oda tell you this? :few:
You have to be one deluded fellow to think the likes of Roger and WB can't turn a sword black permanently but a weaker combatant in Mihawk could:yasu:
It is obvious Roger and WB don't need to boost their sword cos they were powerful enough to defeat anyone bar Garp:giogio:
Well, turning a blade black might not be about strength alone.

If it is a battle style / goal will of the sword thing
Shusuis will was to protect wano so after many hard battles it would have happened

I wonder if wb whose goal and will was to protect his family, I wonder if he could use haki in marineford properly and won and saved ace would his weapon have turned black ? @RobotNinja
Well WB does check all the other things I think that requires one to have a Black Blade like CoA, or maybe CoC, Battles, Experience, skills, strength, infamy, on a world scale etc.... the thing he lacks is a Ambition that is on a world scale. It is possible that WB Glaive would turn Black had he successfully retreated with ACE. I mean he was facing the collection of the Strongest Marines and then some from around to world to protect his "family" so if this isn't ambitious than I don't know what is. I don't really know the answer to WB's case. He did have many regrets and a sense of loss in regards to his "family".

Last edited: