Powers & Abilities Roger could not turn his Supreme Grade Sword into a Black Blade even Though he Loved his sword .......

One of One Piece's MAJOR theme is "Inherited Will". So What is "Will" Its Haki and ones goals and wishes.
So When you mention haki doesn't Store itself into blades like a power battery storage I agree; It doesn't store CoA into the blade from its previous owners but it does carry his Haki "Will"(Desire and Wishes).

I think Blacking a Blade is a long historical process of battles, training, skills and time spent on your journey through this blade but
MOST importantly being successful in your mission, goal, desire, wish, or "Haki".

Like Oden's "Haki" (Will, Desire, Wishes) through Enma to Slay Kaido or Kuina's through Wado Ichimonji to become the Greatest Swordman. Just like how Luffy carries Roger's "Inherited Will" through the strawhat.

Heck after Zoro Defeats Mihawk (at this moment Wado willl turn Black) he will leave Wado back at the dojo with Kuina's grave. Signifying his inherited will complete and promise fulfilled.

Your willed channeled into a sword and left unfulfilled will not turn it black. Hence you get "Enma". Oden Failed to kill Kaido.
But when Enma's inherited will is fulfilled which being the last thing necessary for it to turn black then it will be complete.

Same thing can be said about Roger, Shanks, or Oden. In this case their greatest "will" or desire is something that is unfulfilled.

Roger greatest desire(will) was left unfulfilled (all these hints about Roger is waiting for someone) he left it to shanks or future generations.
I think that's too far fetched. It sounds reasonable to say it gets black as the users will of cutting down an enemy is fulfilled - to some extend, but broadening the will and desire of characters beyond a fighting context (e.g. Roger couldn't fulfill his will of dethroning the WG and hence his blade didn't become black) is too far fetched. And even then. What does accomplished will mean? Zoro accomplished his will be learning how to cut Daz Bones' iron body, yet his blade didn't turn black.

I think it is a mixture of different things, which explains why even the greatest ones (Roger, Whitebeard, Xebec) couldn't turn it black. Extremely powerful CoA is key. Maybe even CoC on top of it (the sword inheriting the user's will, hence "forging" a black blade). But also maybe the style in which you fight with the sword. Like Roger preferring to use Haki barriers through his sword, while Zoro's philosophy is "to cut everything". It's hard to speculate.

But I think the CoA must be peak. And I also assume CoC plays a role too. Since a black blade seems to be even rarer than coating yourself with CoC to attack.

B

Ballel

I'll post what I've said in a previous thread regarding this matter.

One of One Piece's MAJOR theme is "Inherited Will". So What is "Will" Its Haki and ones goals and wishes.
So When you mention haki doesn't Store itself into blades like a power battery storage I agree; It doesn't store CoA into the blade from its previous owners but it does carry his Haki "Will"(Desire and Wishes).

I think Blacking a Blade is a long historical process of battles, training, skills and time spent on your journey through this blade but
MOST importantly being successful in your mission, goal, desire, wish, or "Haki".

Like Oden's "Haki" (Will, Desire, Wishes) through Enma to Slay Kaido or Kuina's through Wado Ichimonji to become the Greatest Swordman. Just like how Luffy carries Roger's "Inherited Will" through the strawhat.

Heck after Zoro Defeats Mihawk (at this moment Wado willl turn Black) he will leave Wado back at the dojo with Kuina's grave. Signifying his inherited will complete and promise fulfilled.

Your willed channeled into a sword and left unfulfilled will not turn it black. Hence you get "Enma". Oden Failed to kill Kaido.
But when Enma's inherited will is fulfilled which being the last thing necessary for it to turn black then it will be complete.

Same thing can be said about Roger, Shanks, or Oden. In this case their greatest "will" or desire is something that is unfulfilled.

Roger greatest desire(will) was left unfulfilled (all these hints about Roger is waiting for someone) he left it to shanks or future generations.

So when it comes to making a Black Blade and why most of the powerful people not been successful into making one. The reason i think its most likely due to People like Oden, Roger, WB ,Shanks, and Kuina carry their Haki "desire and wishes" into their blades and because their "Haki" was left with no conclusion or incomplete they failed to turn it black.

Ryuma became a Sword God,King = Black Blade = Will fulfilled
Mihawk became WSSwordsman= Black Blade = Will fulfilled
Oden Failed his Greatest Desire to Slay Kaido thus unable to make Enma Black. Enma still Carries the "Will or Haki" of Oden to Slay Kaido which would turn it black when fulfilled.
Kuina's Wado will turn Black when Zoro defeats Mihawk.
this is probably one of the best if not they best explanation of black blades.
Many readers see haki as just some kind of supernatural power and do not try to understand the philosophical/spiritual implications of the haki concept itself.
But instead they see everything under power level aspects and "x character > y character".

Ryuma became a Sword God,King = Black Blade = Will fulfilled
Mihawk became WSSwordsman= Black Blade = Will fulfilled
Oden Failed his Greatest Desire to Slay Kaido thus unable to make Enma Black. Enma still Carries the "Will or Haki" of Oden to Slay Kaido which would turn it black when fulfilled.
Kuina's Wado will turn Black when Zoro defeats Mihawk.
Oh? So completing your goal makes a sword black?

therefore Zoro will fight Mihawk’s Supreme grade black blade With 3 great grade normal swords and win? Okay.

question is, what if Zoro’s goal wasn’t so lofty? What if Zoro goal from East blue was “To cut steel”… And then Zoro accomplished his goal in Alabasta… Would the criteria of “Black blades are forged when you complete your ambition” be complete?

therefore any swordsman in the entire world who has any ambition should have a black blade and yet we have only two in the entire 1000 year history of the planet…. only Two swordsmen have ever completed their goals in the entire 1000 years

is that it?

I think that's too far fetched. It sounds reasonable to say it gets black as the users will of cutting down an enemy is fulfilled - to some extend, but broadening the will and desire of characters beyond a fighting context (e.g. Roger couldn't fulfill his will of dethroning the WG and hence his blade didn't become black) is too far fetched. And even then. What does accomplished will mean? Zoro accomplished his will be learning how to cut Daz Bones' iron body, yet his blade didn't turn black.

I think it is a mixture of different things, which explains why even the greatest ones (Roger, Whitebeard, Xebec) couldn't turn it black. Extremely powerful CoA is key. Maybe even CoC on top of it (the sword inheriting the user's will, hence "forging" a black blade). But also maybe the style in which you fight with the sword. Like Roger preferring to use Haki barriers through his sword, while Zoro's philosophy is "to cut everything". It's hard to speculate.

But I think the CoA must be peak. And I also assume CoC plays a role too. Since a black blade seems to be even rarer than coating yourself with CoC to attack.
So when Enma turns black end of Wano when Kaido is killed won't my theory make more sense?
Isn't that the only thing Enma needs to turn Black?

The Daz Bones example you gave I remember talking to you about it in a previous thread. So like I said there that It's not your tiny goals (Haki) that really matter. It's your major and final goal that does. All those small level ups and advancement (Haki , Goals, Wish etc) are a part in the journey into making a Black Blade until you reach your end game goal.

While I agree that it takes some degree of proficiency with your Blade to turn it black whether it be with CoA or CoC but I personally don't think Black Blades have anything to do with any particular fighting style and I think its has more to due with the persons "Haki" (Will, Resolve, Goal, Wish, Desire) being fulfilled.

Because he doesn't use sword to do sword slashes or to play swordsmanship. He used his sword as a tool to throw haki shockwaves. Oden's 2 swords style was the strongest style.
wdym he doesnt use it to do sword slashes
the only difference between his attacks and other "pure swordsmen" is that its coated in coc
do you stop calling luffy's attacks punches the moment they are coated in coc?

slash: cut (something) with a violent sweeping movement, typically using a knife or sword.
:milaugh:

its as simple as we dont know what goes into making a black blade .
Post automatically merged:

"If Mihawk does something Roger couldn't then it's clearly not a strength feat!"

lol I have never thought it was simply a strength feat
tho if you want to drop a selfie , you can do so without quoting me.

Oh? So completing your goal makes a sword black?

therefore Zoro will fight Mihawk’s Supreme grade black blade With 3 great grade normal swords and win? Okay.

question is, what if Zoro’s goal wasn’t so lofty? What if Zoro goal from East blue was “To cut steel”… And then Zoro accomplished his goal in Alabasta… Would the criteria of “Black blades are forged when you complete your ambition” be complete?

therefore any swordsman in the entire world who has any ambition should have a black blade and yet we have only two in the entire 1000 year history of the planet…. only Two swordsmen have ever completed their goals in the entire 1000 years

is that it?
I think it has to be an almost impossible ambition (Haki, Will, Goal, Wish, Resolve). It can't be something as tiny as cutting Iron, or Defeating a Marine Captain, or a 100 mil bounty pirate. Considering there are only 2 Black Blades it should be something on a World Strongest level feat and Ambition. like the 2 known Black Blade users.

Regarding Zoro Beating Mihawk without a Black Blade.... why not???

your other points are addressed in my reply to Comrade.

so if roger should swing at kaido with his sword
it isnt "cutting/piercing " his scales ....
amazing
perhaps it might have to do with the fact that roger's business was really with xebec and not kaido ....... lol.
Exactly.
You got It.
If you search for my thread where I explain Roger/Shanks combat style you can see a pic edited (not so well I am Sorry) by me about how I think Roger does damage to Kaido.

Exactly.
You got It.
If you search for my thread where I explain Roger/Shanks combat style you can see a pic edited (not so well I am Sorry) by me about how I think Roger does damage to Kaido.
sarcasm is lost on you .
and yes I read up on your headcanon
we wait on zoro's coc then
am a patient person
lets see what you will call that.

So when Enma turns black end of Wano when Kaido is killed won't my theory make more sense?
Isn't that the only thing Enma needs to turn Black?
Well, would be reasonabe. Enma turning black after beheading Kaido. When it's only Enma that will turn black. But that would mean that Wado turns black only once he defeats Mihawk. But what about Kitetsu? Wado is tied to his dream, Enma to Kaido. But Kitetsu?

I think there has to be a foundation for everyone? Like Roger's ambition being certainly higher than just becoming the WSS swordsman. I think that ambition should at least be tied to a battle context. If it was Roger's greatest ambition to become PK, which he could become without drawing his blade, why would the blade turn black?