[FNZ] Role Madness Round 08: Tokyo Ghoul

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noctis

@Noctis, @AL sama I want you to clarify this, you've stated that Role Claims are strictly forbidden. Consider the following two scenarios:
  1. A Cop got a guilty result on a player during the Night.
  2. A watcher saw the target that was Killed and saw only one person visiting them.
  3. A Tracker saw someone visit the target that was Killed.
What should the Town players do in the above scenario? Can they disclose the result of their Night Action (this would indirectly reveal their role)? Can they only state that they suspect the player because of their Night Action without revealing what caused their suspicion? Are they strictly unallowed to allude to their Night Action and must just cast their vote/state their suspicion outright?

Suppose the Tracker saw a Doctor visit a player, and a Strongman also visited the player. If the Tracker discloses this, the Doctor is unable to defend themselves as claims are strictly forbidden. This may lead to a scenario where the Doctor gets Lynched (and the Tracker might get shot by a Vig at Night or Lynched the next day).

How should the Tracker handle their information in this scenario?

I'm trying to get a feel of just what sort of info disclosure is permissible. No info disclosure turbo fucks Town due to scenarios akin to what I mentioned above.
You're not allowed to share any type of information in the game thread as such night results, flavor claim, role claim anything that falls under claiming. Needless to say, Invest type of roles cannot share their results in any manner if they did they will be mod killed.

Tracker is not allowed to claim here so tracker has no choice but to convince the players without trying to hint his role or results

Don DaSlayer

The Peerless swordsman
You're not allowed to share any type of information in the game thread as such night results, flavor claim, role claim anything that falls under claiming. Needless to say, Invest type of roles cannot share their results in any manner if they did they will be mod killed.

Tracker is not allowed to claim here so tracker has no choice but to convince the players without trying to hint his role or results
What If you find a scum then how tf are you going to tell the others that that person is scum?

Don DaSlayer

The Peerless swordsman

So this means that cops invest and trackers are pretty much useless.

Actually, upon further review, I think Sera WAS just asking if NW sussed Bogard for a lynch vote...although the way he said it is VERY misleading.

He said he saw A lynch vote, then immediately asked if Neutral sussed Bogard for THIS...doesn’t imply that Neutral cast the vote; it does imply that Neutral would have reason to sus Bogard for voting. Again, using the last game as a basis for theories in this game seems like a mistake, but it doesn’t automatically make Sera sus to me now that I’ve read this more closely.
NeutralWatcher simply ovvereacted to me, since Sera posed him a question that didn't pick Neutral as scum, and it was a legit question required to test him instead. Yet Neutral acted too irritated from it when there was no need for it.

Asking questions for reactions is a common game feature in Mafia, and these games are usually plenty of it with Reborn asking the most.
So I don't get why someone else can't as well.

Sera's language formulating it was not even complex honestly.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
you make better points than I did, but I still wouldn't consider a scum vs scum situation as impossible
I don't think scum vs scum is possible either. There is no point for scum to make an act like that so early on. They were going at eachother's throats and I think it raised both of them on the radar for the rest of town which is counterintuitive.

me being the only one who believes bogard vs tac was scum vs scum makes me sus? you should be more suspicious of the people (you are one of them) who just keep repeating the points that the most experienced players made over and over
This point however, I agree. People are repeating the same thing over and over again, especially the more popular arguments. I am willing to bet that amongst those who are being agreeable and going with the flow, there is at least a scum hiding in there.

There are 65 - 75% Town in the game, so a random Lynch is likely to hit Scum. Due to that, unless we have strong reasons, I generally oppose a Lynch on Day 1.
I don't understand. If you say Lynch is likely to hit scum, so why are you opposed to lynch?

You don't want to catch a scum?

I endorse Lynching for incompetence.
lmao. I think this is a potentially controversial strategy but I am not against it. I see the logic behind it.

@Don Da Slayer. I am not really sure that he's Scum, but if he's Town he has been an absolutely terrible player. Like supposing that he's Town, I'm not sure that he would contribute meaningfully except by Night Actions, and given that this is a Role Madness game, the worth of his role is lower as we could compensate whatever Role he had with other Roles.

Don played IMO terribly last game, and I know he was Town then, so I can't call his terrible play this game Scummy, but I would still rather Lynch him than anyone else right now.

The heuristic that I'm using here is: "suppose that the player you picked as Scum ended up being Town, for whom would you regret picking them the least?", the answer is Don, and it's not even close.
This is interesting. So what makes you determine if a player is competent or not?
And how would you differentiate between incompetence and scummy behaviours? Which one out of the two would you lynch first?

D

Dragomir

ffs I went to sleep and we still have 24 hours to discuss so no need to have me as scum because I took some hours to answer the posts
We have had 24 hours gone by and you only spent 1 hour of that(if even that) doing something productive. I don't think you sleep for 23 hours a day, do you? We all go to sleep but we still are productive at the end of the day. I have, Bogard has, Kiwi has, etc.

Not the most valid defense here Queen, but you're right, we do have another 24 hours for you to put some work in.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
NeutralWatcher simply ovvereacted to me, since Sera posed him a question that didn't pick Neutral as scum, and it was a legit question required to test him instead. Yet Neutral acted too irritated from it when there was no need for it.

Asking questions for reactions is a common game feature in Mafia, and these games are usually plenty of it with Reborn asking the most.
So I don't get why someone else can't as well.

Sera's language formulating it was not even complex honestly.
It was easy for NW, myself, and I’m sure a couple of others to originally read his wording as an accusation against Neutral. Therefore, his reaction to Sera’s post, while now looking like nothing more than self-defense, is at least justifiable.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
@Rej @Yo Tan Wa @NeutralWatcher @All_Red @playa4321 @Seraphoenix @RayanOO @Queen give me your reads on Bogard vs tac situation and on othe players
gimme a recap I just couldn't find time to catch up to this fast pacing game
Last time your reads about players playstyle was on point, i will consider Kiwi a possible scum for nw.

1. @Don DaSlayer
2. @LANJI CUCKSMOKE
3. @Finalbeta
9. @Rej
11. @playa4321
12. @All_Red
Give us your opinion guys.

16. @NeutralWatcher you are bit more inactive than last time(?)
18. @Seraphoenix what are your readings so far.
when I cought up to page 4 I found Kiwi quite townish till now
Here to carry town yet still to do anything? :choppawhat:
:cheers:I underestimated a 20 players game, and I told Oreki I will have problems with it

Rej

Year of the black beard!
You forgot to mention @Rej

He had outright claimed he would have carried town but he hasn't made a post so far by then, except for a generic fluff post:

Here he mentions how he would have lurked from that time in on, and yet at first in the previous post he had claimed he would have carried town

Very incongruent positions
I am here :cheers: can someone give me a rundown? 25 pages is quite the monsterdish

Rej

Year of the black beard!
This game has become a mess....

I have two questions for everyone here. I will also answer them just to be fair but after everyone answers them as it's me who is asking these questions lol

1) this is day one with no info claim - so what each one of you will prefer - Lynch or no Lynch on day one? Back with reason

2) if voting become a must for you all and if you have to pick one person as scum as of now then whom will you pick? Back with reason

Don't try to Dodge these questions

Players-

1. @Don DaSlayer
2. @LANJI CUCKSMOKE
3. @Finalbeta
4. @Queen
5. @TheAncientCenturion
6. @Celestia
7. @Cinera
8. @Reborn
9. @Rej
10. @Kiwipom
11. @playa4321
12. @All_Red
13. @Bogard
14. @Jew D. Boy
15. @HA001
16. @NeutralWatcher
17. @Dragomir
18. @Seraphoenix
19. @RayanOO
20. @Yo Tan Wa
while skimming the thread I found some scummy stuff about @RayanOO will reevaluate

a lynch D1 always makes sense tho, it the basis we need to work with

Status
Not open for further replies.