General & Others Sakamoto Days - General Discussion

Who are your favorite characters in Sakamoto Days:

• Total voters
Ok it took me long to notice, but when Sakamoto started moving unpredictable, he stated he wanted to give him a "4DX" experience. I didnt get it at first, until I realised he was talking about actually 4D...

If you dont know, 4D is different to 3D....in which 4D Cinema, you get to feel the movie in comparison to seeing it come out of the screen in 3D. So 4D cinema incorporates things like the seats moving, wind blowing on you, water being sprayed on you etc.

So yh, now its started to add up what Sakamoto was attempting. He sat Kanaguri down on a seat and gave him a show of his own. And the final attack being a blowing attack is a reference to 4D cinema having wind blow at you to feel the movie.

Yh so all in all, this fight was pretty well thought out and smart. Also Sakamoto using Akido to avenge Satoda was a nice touch.

The movie Kanaguri loved is Roman Holiday. The scene was the part where Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck visit the Mouth of Truth in Rome.

It's a really cute film about a princess who spends a day incognito as a regular Roman tourist. She meets a journalist who knows who she is, and they fall in love but go their separate ways at the end. It fits in well with Sakamoto Days because a big part of the movie is that Gregory Peck keeps her identity a secret, and there's a lot of deception going on.

BUT! Another theme in the film is that she can't escape her role as princess. They both go back to their lives at the end. You can't just opt-out of being a princess. Similar to Sakamoto, she can't just leave that life behind.

Yikes, have we ever seen Saka this angry? Dude looks straight up evil. Some amazing panels in this chapter, even better than #100. The shadows on stage at the theater was my fav. The light pouring in from the hole Saka made acted like a projector. He's a filmmaker now!

Great chapter, but I'm hoping we're done with Kanaguri for good. The rest of the Order and Slur's crew are much more interesting.

The movie Kanaguri loved is Roman Holiday. The scene was the part where Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck visit the Mouth of Truth in Rome.

It's a really cute film about a princess who spends a day incognito as a regular Roman tourist. She meets a journalist who knows who she is, and they fall in love but go their separate ways at the end. It fits in well with Sakamoto Days because a big part of the movie is that Gregory Peck keeps her identity a secret, and there's a lot of deception going on.

BUT! Another theme in the film is that she can't escape her role as princess. They both go back to their lives at the end. You can't just opt-out of being a princess. Similar to Sakamoto, she can't just leave that life behind.

Yikes, have we ever seen Saka this angry? Dude looks straight up evil. Some amazing panels in this chapter, even better than #100. The shadows on stage at the theater was my fav. The light pouring in from the hole Saka made acted like a projector. He's a filmmaker now!

Great chapter, but I'm hoping we're done with Kanaguri for good. The rest of the Order and Slur's crew are much more interesting.
I hope were not done with Kanaguri....In general hes lucky to have lost to Sakamoto (a non-killer) in comparison to one of The Order members. Like Kashima, I see him lurking around. He also may become a future ally. This chap made him amazed with Sakamoto....he could easily become a Sakamoto fan and become obssesed with him. Maybe stick around him so he can make him his MC and shoot the best movie ever.

I hope were not done with Kanaguri....In general hes lucky to have lost to Sakamoto (a non-killer) in comparison to one of The Order members. Like Kashima, I see him lurking around. He also may become a future ally. This chap made him amazed with Sakamoto....he could easily become a Sakamoto fan and become obssesed with him. Maybe stick around him so he can make him his MC and shoot the best movie ever.
My main objection would be that he's not the kind to take orders and likes to do his own thing, but you're right-- he may be so into Sakamoto that he's willing to become an ally. After all, Sakamoto is the only person who made life as interesting as the movies for Kanaguri.