[FNZ] Role Madness [Season 2] Round 1 - The Dancing Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
If we go with the assumption that Susopp was a Vig kill, I'd say around 8. It cannot be a 10 because maybe someone with a vest was hit by the kill and survived, or another reason, but I am pretty sure I can't state it.

The passive ability idea doesn't really make a lot of sense. From a balance perspective, it either punishes scum for playing too well (imagine a scenario wherein it triggers during LyLo or something, effectively winning the game for the town), heavily changes the tide of a close game with no way for scum to play around it, or adds little to the town. This kind of ability is usually prompted by the user if not automatic for this very reason - it doesn't work well as a conditional. If you as a host want to weaken a role from revealing itself, then you probably shouldn't let it do so at all.
You do have a point but I might have failed to elucidate my thoughts fully. I believe it wouldn't work during LyLo, as we've already had one ability that does not work during that period, see Susopp's role for evidence. Moreover, it could work as an ability that after an x number of deaths if all were town we get the above scenario.

This would make sense, but if it's a scum ability, then who is to say any of it is true at all? And given that, we essentially end up with WIFOM-reasoning.
Point taken. I was mainly basing it off of the previous game and the eclipse in the previous game, where there was a scum member present.

No lynch is bad in most circumstances yes, mathematically so even. Though it should be noted that there are ocassions where a No Lynch is suitable.
I'd say the chances of something like that are extremely rare. Nothing even comes to mind tbh.

You might have, but I find said conclusion to be poorly founded at best. And I'd thank you to not assume a town consensus when the majority have not had their input on this.
Upon closer inspection, I believe Mango has taken credit for Susopp's kill. So unless Mango is outing himself like that, or I am misunderstanding him, Susopp's kill was done by the vig.

Here's how we should approach the lynch. We place a majority of votes onto Flower. If the writeup is correct, Flower is not a valid lynch candidate, and so is not targetable for a lynch. Thus, the second-largest wagon should be one of the three listed. If flower gets lynched, then we know that the writeup was a lie, and we also remove the player that stood to gain the most from the fact it was a lie in Flower too. If Flower isn't lynched, we follow the process correctly, we confirm Flower as Town directly (or as good as in any case) and we also prove that we should never be using this pairing mechanic, or even making partners with one another, ever again, because it's purely anti-town. Anyone who then pushes us to do otherwise can be safely considered Anti-town.
The same thought occurred to me earlier as well and I would endorse it now. (Didn't have the time earlier to go into detail due to work).

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
you are setting me up?
I am happy that he offed himself tho.
he is a man of his word.
I also would had done the same if we lynched him and he flipped town.

I am not. I found it extremely weird that that happened and when you mentioned it. When I read it first time I was like wtf, but during the day it slipped my mind. I mean you told him to commit suicide and then he does exactly that. And there was nothing in his role sheet indicating he'd commit suicide for any reason.

I am not. I found it extremely weird that that happened and when you mentioned it. When I read it first time I was like wtf, but during the day it slipped my mind. I mean you told him to commit suicide and then he does exactly that. And there was nothing in his role sheet indicating he'd commit suicide for any reason.
I bet T-Pein was framed.

It's time for my 140 IQ ti rejoyce.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
If we go with the assumption that Susopp was a Vig kill, I'd say around 8. It cannot be a 10 because maybe someone with a vest was hit by the kill and survived, or another reason, but I am pretty sure I can't state it.
No, that's good enough. More than enough, even. I hope it isn't too much.
You do have a point but I might have failed to elucidate my thoughts fully. I believe it wouldn't work during LyLo, as we've already had one ability that does not work during that period, see Susopp's role for evidence. Moreover, it could work as an ability that after an x number of deaths if all were town we get the above scenario.
I guess, but that was only an example. Some roles just don't work well upon being triggered, because there are too many varients involved for it to be balanced around. Whereas if it's automatically revealed, well the host knows that it's going to get revealed and so can easily balance accordingly, and if it's up to the user to reveal, the host can expect it to be revealed at some point, but anticipates the target it would place on the player themselves, so to ensure they have a better time in the game designs it so the user consents to said target. In a similar vein, it's why very strong roles like "Lie Detector" used to be implemented in a way where if they were hinted to or claimed (in games that otherwise allowed full claims) the role would cease to function, and even then is specific about what can and cannot be checked.
Point taken. I was mainly basing it off of the previous game and the eclipse in the previous game, where there was a scum member present.
That's fair, and I would say that if it's not directly related to the pairing thing, it's as good a bet as any. Usually, yes, scum would have to be present in this.
I'd say the chances of something like that are extremely rare. Nothing even comes to mind tbh.
One example would be MyLo, where mislynching loses the game, but no lynching provides an extra day phase where there is one less suspect present. Another would be where all the designated claims, in a claiming game, are believable or easily testable, and there is not enough time to pivot to another claim (and also no inactive or sloppy player to remove on top of this, which is er, very idealistic I must say).
Upon closer inspection, I believe Mango has taken credit for Susopp's kill. So unless Mango is outing himself like that, or I am misunderstanding him, Susopp's kill was done by the vig.
And given what I said, I don't believe it was a Vig at all. I actually believe Mango should be our secondary lynch.
The same thought occurred to me earlier as well and I would endorse it now. (Didn't have the time earlier to go into detail due to work).
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who came up with it at least. I don't mean to sound obnoxious, but I feel like most semi-experienced players should be aware of how to play this kind of scenario. I actually suspect some of the reaction to the writeup to be forced and scum-sided, where scum obviously want to push the absolutionism of the writeup because if it's a fake they created they obviously want people to be fooled by it. Though filtering that out from genuine cluelessness is a fairly difficult task as of now too.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
No, that's good enough. More than enough, even. I hope it isn't too much.
I hope so too.

I guess, but that was only an example. Some roles just don't work well upon being triggered, because there are too many varients involved for it to be balanced around. Whereas if it's automatically revealed, well the host knows that it's going to get revealed and so can easily balance accordingly, and if it's up to the user to reveal, the host can expect it to be revealed at some point, but anticipates the target it would place on the player themselves, so to ensure they have a better time in the game designs it so the user consents to said target. In a similar vein, it's why very strong roles like "Lie Detector" used to be implemented in a way where if they were hinted to or claimed (in games that otherwise allowed full claims) the role would cease to function, and even then is specific about what can and cannot be checked.
Point taken.

That's fair, and I would say that if it's not directly related to the pairing thing, it's as good a bet as any. Usually, yes, scum would have to be present in this.
Another thought that Alibaba voiced was that they lost the challenges, so they are up for the lynch.

One example would be MyLo, where mislynching loses the game, but no lynching provides an extra day phase where there is one less suspect present. Another would be where all the designated claims, in a claiming game, are believable or easily testable, and there is not enough time to pivot to another claim (and also no inactive or sloppy player to remove on top of this, which is er, very idealistic I must say).
I see. But eh again very rarely does something like that happen.

And given what I said, I don't believe it was a Vig at all. I actually believe Mango should be our secondary lynch.
I might have missed what your thoughts on Mango are exactly or are you yet to reveal them?

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who came up with it at least. I don't mean to sound obnoxious, but I feel like most semi-experienced players should be aware of how to play this kind of scenario. I actually suspect some of the reaction to the writeup to be forced and scum-sided, where scum obviously want to push the absolutionism of the writeup because if it's a fake they created they obviously want people to be fooled by it. Though filtering that out from genuine cluelessness is a fairly difficult task as of now too.
I've thought about the same. One of the reasons I was looking for reactions to the writeup by players.

I can attribute legitimacy to parts of it of course. Revealing one's self as town is an ability I myself have had in the last game. And I believe our MR Vergo had it likewise.

You three started this DP with votes?

Based on night action? Say yes or no
Yes. Read on.

Announcement

The [My Bloody Valentine] Event was triggered!

@Poison , @QueenEmilia and @MangoSenpai have been selected as candidates

One of them must be lynched today!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

@Flower has revealed herself as [Touka Kirishima]

The [Coffee Shop] is now open

Quote this post for a chance to visit it!
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!?!??!!

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I actually wouldn't mind voting poison up. Honestly, her questioning others isn't getting anywhere.

@QueenEmilia are you still stuck on page 24?
Poison? What happened to your last DP sus?

Did something change your mind?

Usopp being an informative Lynch is simply because of the number of players on him who suspect him. I wasn’t on him, since his tunnel on Fuji at the time just seemed a bit too hard to me but nothing else.

I said this before. I suspected flower, vote was on her for some time. I voted Rhea up to keep the odds even since I read Light as Town and Rhea was the only vote I could put to even the odds. I voted Flower back simply because it was going back to my previous vote and also, well just because. There really is nothing to read too much into it. The exchanges between me and her are something I took in a casual manner. My vote on Rhea before that was a place holder vote and not something I wanted to keep until the end, like I said, it was to even the odds with Lights wagon for the time being.

I don’t know why you think I’m all over the place as I’ve made my intentions clear. Listen, as Town I just took leeway in being more carefree and post whatever is on my mind, whenever it is on my mind. If I came off as inconsistent, then sure I’ll correct that behavior moving forward.

Mechanic talk is like you said, contributive sometimes, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be used to be seen as contributive by scum either. Your mention of abundant third parties felt out of place to me and I pointed that out in my previous post to you.
Announcement

The [My Bloody Valentine] Event was triggered!

@Poison , @QueenEmilia and @MangoSenpai have been selected as candidates

One of them must be lynched today!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

@Flower has revealed herself as [Touka Kirishima]

The [Coffee Shop] is now open

Quote this post for a chance to visit it!

Lmao you just revealed yourself as Town.

It's time to get Light's head.
Your response to the announcement (above) is weird.

This is mafia game. Everything should be approached cautiously

But here you quickly jumped to the conclusion to portray that announcement is correct. Why? Do you know something we don't?

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
I might have missed what your thoughts on Mango are exactly or are you yet to reveal them?
I did explain why I believe it wasn't a Vig kill when I was explaining what a Vigilante was to Emilia, and in the post after that I explained why Emilia was the worst target out of the three to me. That leaves Poison and Mango. Given that Mango appears to be taking credit for the kill, I put him above Poison, though I haven't mentioned this before now. Poison I've been fairly iffy on honestly too, but I don't want to lynch my Imouto right now either. Plus, she hasn't been particularly scummy all told either.
Another thought that Alibaba voiced was that they lost the challenges, so they are up for the lynch
Right, which is my conclusion regarding the whole pairing mechanic being scum-aligned.

Status
Not open for further replies.