Chapter Discussion Shanks not the top of Pirates according to Kaido

Lol please delete this thread this not even a powerlevel thread this is nonsense he compares Luffy to the 5 men that are able to fight him this doesnt make Rocks inferior to WB and Roger
especially not since Rocks is higher regarded then WB and was his captain
I am not deleting noting. Yes Rocks is inferior to Roger and WB. He says "Ceiling" which has always put Roger at the top of Pirates and Whitebeard
Xebec has no argument as explained here: https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...tter-hype-xebec-vs-wb.9935/page-8#post-994163

Not going to repeat the same stuff
Agreed, WB hype and potrayal surpasses Xebec. He was at the pinnacle of Pirates

Shanks hype is JUST beginning

Shanks is the owner of his hat and most likely his sword ... being equal to him is possible if not surpassing him

again ... to me Roger > Shanks

but Shanks hype is still more than the respect I'm giving him
Post automatically merged:

Shanks can become the PK today if he wants. He can just visit Rayleigh and have him tell him where Raftel is. But he doesn't seem to care. He is keeping the balance.
no ... Shanks could became PK 11 years ago ... he almost know the way ... the have no problem getting there

or he can ask Dark King

Being pirate King is so easy for Shanks he DON'T EVEN CARE about it

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
There are parallels that imply that Mihawk is Rayleigh's son.

Shanks -> (adopted) son of Roger (the king) and blood and flesh son of Xebec
Mihawk -> son of the king's right hand man

Shanks the golden boy
Mihawk the silver boy
Nah i think its more like their rivalry comes from one being his son and one being his student (i reckon shanks trained shanks at some point like he did luffy) a rivalry from that standpoint would only be natural.

I am not deleting noting. Yes Rocks is inferior to Roger and WB. He says "Ceiling" which has always put Roger at the top of Pirates and Whitebeard
He meant that he would reach the five men there that doesnt make Roger and WB stronger than Rocks or Shanks
You guys are interpreting everything too much BM wasnt there but fought him for days and Rayleigh isnt there but he has also the most advanced level of haki
If you want to interpret anything than let me interpret it for you
The context here is mostly based on haki not overall strength but since its an analysis for haki Kaido makes ther and the others its just those 5 all had the most adv form of COA thats all

Nah i think its more like their rivalry comes from one being his son and one being his student (i reckon shanks trained shanks at some point like he did luffy) a rivalry from that standpoint would only be natural.
I have high hopes for Mihawk's eyes
Imu's son or relative ... that would be great ....

why Shanks and Mihawk start fighting would be great backstory ... I'm telling you now if Shanks had advance CoC back them ... and they fought equally ... Mihawk > Shanks would be OUT OF QUSTION to me

Zoro soon or later HAVE TO make a big move
or
Mihawk WILL appear in between the acts

I'm guessing we are 10-15 chapter away from a big Mihawk hype ... :cheers:

He meant that he would reach the five men there that doesnt make Roger and WB stronger than Rocks or Shanks
You guys are interpreting everything too much BM wasnt there but fought him for days and Rayleigh isnt there but he has also the most advanced level of haki
If you want to interpret anything than let me interpret it for you
The context here is mostly based on haki not overall strength but since its an analysis for haki Kaido makes ther and the others its just those 5 all had the most adv form of COA thats all
He says "how high" will his ceiling go.

No because Roger and WB were said to be equal has pirates
Xebec can't possibly be anything less than the 2 if not higher ...

man ... are you trying to pick a fight with Xebec AND Shanks at same time? .... people is not even started to hype this 2 ....

that's a dangerous game you are playing .... think about all the time you need to waste

the five are the CEILING

Makes zero sense. If he thought of yonkos, he should have thought of the one standing next him, aka Big Mom.
And its stupid to think Kaido imagined a different level between Roger and Whitebeard in that panel.
Why should he think of the one who he is allied with? Luffy is still his opponent.
One is PK, the other isnt.

Shanks can become the PK today if he wants. He can just visit Rayleigh and have him tell him where Raftel is. But he doesn't seem to care. He is keeping the balance.
Rayleigh wont tell him, every Roger affiliate underlined Roger is waiting for the chosen ones, Rayleigh bet on Luffy the same way Shanks did himself years ago.
At the same time tgey need to go through the necessary steps.

Those 5 are the ceiling. Sure you can rank those 5 individually, but Kaido acknowledged all those 5 as serious threats to him in a fight.
It makes no sense to ask "where is his ceiling", then show him thinking of 5 similar dudes because that would imply he sees that as his ceiling.

I think the 3 characters at the bottom are the ones who Kaido compares to himself. Roger and WB Kaido considers above him.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Kaido used the word "ceiling" and the 5 characters that that were shown were presented as a pyramid with Roger and WB at the top.

People as usual not reading the context of the entire chapter and the flow, but get hung up on individual statements and treat it as disconnected from everything else.

1) Kaido is angry about Luffy still talking about PK -> he thinks it is audacious that Luffy is talking about it
2) Then he questions how Luffy could have hurt him, and wonders how he could have gotten so far in a few days after he destroyed Luffy
3) There are only a few people who can fight me
4) Now considering Luffy to be one of them, as it is implied considering he damaged him, he now asks where his ceiling could be, where he could peak, where he can develop to. You can consider this as a possible challenge for himself even, considering he had relations with all 5 of them at one point in his life.
Asking about the ceiling, meaning not being able to gauge it, yet at the same time using 5 guys on upposed similar levels does not work, because it would imply he considers the ceiling of Luffy at that level, which would make the question meaningless.
5) To put that to the test, meaning how far he could develop, he does the same attack he destroyed him with to see how he reacts to it, Luffy this time dodges for the most part-> he praises him for that, once again a sign Luffy developed from chapter 923.
6) Kaido once again is active in going after Luffy right after BM, which is a stark contrast to himself in chapter 923 who was drunk due to boredom and let himself get pummeled until he had enough.
7) Kaido literally tells BM to step back because he wants to test them to see where they stand, entire chapter is a test to see if they are worthy to be fought seriously, once again alluding to "where can i place you, where is your ceiling".
8) Killer and Zoro attack, he praises their effort.
9) Captains attack, he sees them as monsters in their own right (opposed to the monsters Kaidou and Big Mom, and also the monsters he faced before, meaning the people in front of him are worthy, no coincidence he called Oden a "monster Samurai"
10) Now seeing them as worthy, his decision goes from "break them and make them my subordinate" to "i will kill all of you" since he now accepts them as challenge, which is finally once again underlined by him pointing out that the winners will be closer to PK, meaning he sees them as rivals for PK now.

Well Shanks doesn't sit at the pinnacle of swordsmanship therefore that is for granted. Because the current strongest Pirate is only possibly Mihawk and he is by default stronger than Shanks.

So I think Kaido had his motives somehow.

Kaido says "how for up CEILING will Luffy go" in the Viz. Roger and WB is at the top of the ceiling and shanks is at the bottom. Makes complete sense now.
Lmao, we really going by placement inside that panel? Shanks isnt the top pirate anyways because Kaido exists, and his statment was about people that can fight him.( whatever that means, because im p sure Mihawk can fight him too if Shanks can)
And that whole thing made no sense anyways as we already knew emperors can fight each other.

Me 2 years ago:"Shanks suxs ass,he is weaksauce"

Me now:"N1gga is Top 3"

His hype is getting bigger and bigger
Why did you think Shanks was weak?

And whats your top 3 now then.

Shanks being a shadow itself is a huge feat. The fact shanks fight kaido before and can be one of his defeats is also crazy. Those are big feats that aren’t going to be looked down upon
Jumping to conclusions again? He said people that can fight me. No mention of him being defeated by him. What we may surmise is that Shanks will push Kaido to extreme diff, as it should be.

Also disagree on Rocks being below Primebeard and Roger.