Powers & Abilities Soot Soot No Mi : Karasu DF

What is this DF ?

• Total voters

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
Soot flammable I think. Not sure
Yeah soot is very flammable. You can use charred wood to start fire with better results than non-charred wood.

@RayanOO Since soot is a natural byproduct of fire, my vote is 100% logia. It can occur in all three states (solid, liquid, and gas). If fire and smoke cancel each other out (per the manga), soot would also do the same. Fire=Smoke=Soot.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
My bet would go on the special Paramecia even though it can easily end up a Logia as well. :sus:
Certainly one of the more interesting abilities ever seen due to the broad range of different abilities.
Logia-like body that doesnt need to be actively deformed, complete transformation into a murder of crows, impaling spikes, ranged crows that talk... Something like this wasnt seen before. It looks like Robin's fruit on steroids.

My bet would go on the special Paramecia even though it can easily end up a Logia as well. :sus:
Certainly one of the more interesting abilities ever seen due to the broad range of different abilities.
Logia-like body that doesnt need to be actively deformed, complete transformation into a murder of crows, impaling spikes, ranged crows that talk... Something like this wasnt seen before. It looks like Robin's fruit on steroids.
Things like the spikes were already seen from logias (Ace impalling Blackbeard with fire spears) and the thing about his body is just being a logia, others could do the same if they wanted to (Smoker in his introduction could do things like stay in smoke form and only partially reform his body while holding the smoke in a fixed shape and position).

What's only new is that his crows speak, although it's possible they only carry his voice. Have we seen him speak normally yet or have we only seen the crows speak?

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
What's only new is that his crows speak, although it's possible they only carry his voice. Have we seen him speak normally yet or have we only seen the crows speak?
He speaks but its muffled, afaik.
He needs to turn on a device or something for others to hear him.
We havent seen logias turn into anything close to a murder of crows and travel like that.

He speaks but its muffled, afaik.
He needs to turn on a device or something for others to hear him.
We havent seen logias turn into anything close to a murder of crows and travel like that.
It's a different mastery of his powers but not a different power.

For example... Aokiji can create a giant bird of ice, Ace can create solid spears of fire (that Blackbeard can grab with his hands)... for some reason Karasu decided to master making a murder of crows out of his body.

It's original but not out of the scope of what the rest of them could do.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
It's a different mastery of his powers but not a different power.

For example... Aokiji can create a giant bird of ice, Ace can create solid spears of fire (that Blackbeard can grab with his hands)... for some reason Karasu decided to master making a murder of crows out of his body.

It's original but not out of the scope of what the rest of them could do.
Yes but no other logia can turn their real bodies into zoan like state like murder of crows.
I am sure others can make similar constructs but transforming their real bodies into something like that hasnt been done before.

Yes but no other logia can turn their real bodies into zoan like state like murder of crows.
I am sure others can make similar constructs but transforming their real bodies into something like that hasnt been done before.
Is there really a difference, though?

My train of thought is as follows:
- Ace can create, as you put it, a construct of a fire crow.
- Ace can manipulate fire as he wants, so he can make the fire crow move like a crow if he wants to.
- Ace can turn his body into fire, making it possible for him to do all of the above with the fire his body has become.

I don't think those are real crows now. I used to think so before the name reveal, but they're probably just soot that just look like actual crows because of the color, but they should just be constructs.

But... they talk. That's the only part I can't justify with previously known logia powers.

The talking crows that distribute intel to revos across the world smells like awakening.
part of Logia awakening being a total fusion with the element to the point your consciousness is in every part of the logia and not just your brain would be cool. makes them all way harder to beat
Post automatically merged:

Logia, doubt Oda would have made a Katakuri 2.0.

He also would need to have future sight on the level of Katakuri's
who started this idea that katakuri's fruit somehow behaves differently from a logia? it doesn't. katakuri functions exactly like a logia only hes made of mochi instead of anything that occurs in nature. he was literally written as a logia. this was only corrected by an editor in volume release because Oda making a joke about Mochi being a natural element in the OP world just confused people.

if you think this is wrong because he gets hit in his real body without haki when he's caught by surprise, you aren't reading the manga, because this happens to like 3 other real logias. Ace, Smoker, and iirc Aokiji are all caught by surprise and take real hits because they're not passively intangible.

ALL logias must become their element on purpose, remain in their elemental form 24/7 like Caesar, or otherwise use obs haki/future sight to dodge.

I can't believe that Carbon, the element of life, was given to a mere Revo commander.
This fruit should be exclusive to top tiers, it's that fuckin strong
karasu is soloing an admiral and you think hes not a top tier?

Last edited:
who started this idea that katakuri's fruit somehow behaves differently from a logia? it doesn't. katakuri functions exactly like a logia only hes made of mochi instead of anything that occurs in nature. he was literally written as a logia. this was only corrected by an editor in volume release because Oda making a joke about Mochi being a natural element in the OP world just confused people.

if you think this is wrong because he gets hit in his real body without haki when he's caught by surprise, you aren't reading the manga, because this happens to like 3 other real logias. Ace, Smoker, and iirc Aokiji are all caught by surprise and take real hits because they're not passively intangible.

ALL logias must become their element on purpose, remain in their elemental form 24/7 like Caesar, or otherwise use obs haki/future sight to dodge.
Katakuri's fruit does not work the same as a logia, he manually has to turn his body into said element unlike Logia where instead, its an inate self activating ability.

Why would he need FS at all, let alone on Katakuri's level... :kriwhat:
What do you mean? Who has better FS feats than Katakuri aside from MAYBE Shanksu?
:suresure:
Karasu is unique on his own, he aint Katakuri 2.0 just because he is a special paramecia as well... If he even is..
If he has a special paramecia, I don't see it being that effective without FS.

Sure he can have a completely different fighting style that's not dodging attacks 24/7 but he wouldn't be taking full advantage of his ability.

Katakuri's fruit does not work the same as a logia, he manually has to turn his body into said element unlike Logia where instead, its an inate self activating ability.
all logias manually have to turn their bodies into the element. read the manga. katakuri's devil fruit works exactly the same as a logia.

lol, so that's your whole reasoning for it... Special paramecia needs FS to be effective...
Not everyone needs to dodge attacks like glass chin Katakuri. :milaugh:
a special paramecia is just a logia but artificial/manmade substance. they otherwise behave exactly the same. If you have a devil fruit that makes you like Plastic Man from DC Comics, that's a Special Paramecia only because plastic is manmade, even if it acts like a logia.

all logias manually have to turn their bodies into the element. read the manga. katakuri's devil fruit works exactly the same as a logia.

a special paramecia is just a logia but artificial/manmade substance. they otherwise behave exactly the same. If you have a devil fruit that makes you like Plastic Man from DC Comics, that's a Special Paramecia only because plastic is manmade, even if it acts like a logia.
They have the option to manually turn their bodies into the element however power by nature it the process itself.

Katakuri has to manually turn his body into the element.

Take your own advice.

lol, so that's your whole reasoning for it... Special paramecia needs FS to be effective...
Not everyone needs to dodge attacks like glass chin Katakuri. :milaugh:
Still doesn't change the fact that he loses out on efficiency without FS, he is not Kaido or lunarian..he won't purposely look to tank attacks when he can dodge them.

Last edited: