Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Character flaws are liked when the character is written well and executed. One piece is just filled with plot convenience, not characters. It's been like that from the start and has been getting more and more ridiculously more shit.
Or maybe the majority of people understand the story (by majority, I mean the people who have a family and a career, and not teenagers who spend all day browsing worstgen) and the few vocal rejects on the internet express their hatred to the arc because they didn't understand it.
Post automatically merged:

That's how Oda makes money
Give them Shanks fanservice movie...done they will praise Oda and buy more copies

They don't realise Oda is already doing Shanks dirty
I can't wait for Shanks fan who said Shanks will be handled better in manga when Oda offscreens or has him and his crew look pathetic in an arc
Sour grapes

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
May I ask you a legit question? Why do you still read One Piece? The fact that you are here in this forum reading spoilers tells me you are big fan yet you seem to hate it.
I’m literally only still vaguely keeping up with it for Sanji lol. It’s why I barely post here anymore since Onigashima. Plus, it’s kinda hard to drop a series you’ve been following for years lol

Yup, the plot conveniences are getting extremely noticeable now. The biggest example of this was Shanks coming to Wano’s shore just to scare an admiral away and leave, complete pointless lol
Well, the way the scene implied 1 of 2 things imo:

- He was there to take the RP, because that's the only way he's able to go after One Piece.

- He was there to visit Luffy, but then saw him awaken into Nika on his bounty, so then he refused to see him and decided to go after One Piece.

Yes, he was there to promote Film Red obviously, I'm just talking about the canon explanation for him being there.

I think its funny when he said that they are now “enemies” once more… like Law would ever attack the Strawhats lmao. He is basically part of the fleet without even realizing it. Kidd too.
You don't understand what the fleet is for and for what kind of characters. It's like saying Akainu for grand fleet.

Character flaws are liked when the character is written well and executed. One piece is just filled with plot convenience, not characters. It's been like that from the start and has been getting more and more ridiculously more shit.
I'd like to see Oda dickgobblers explain why the reaper vs zoro and zoro visiting Ryuma's grave plot lines were completely forgotten

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
May I ask you a legit question? Why do you still read One Piece? The fact that you are here in this forum reading spoilers tells me you are big fan yet you seem to hate it.
I’ll answer this even though you didn’t ask me - I have read this story for so long that even when I’m not enjoying it (and to be clear, the ONLY arc I’ve fully enjoyed reading on a weekly basis since the time skip was the six chapters of Reverie), it’s mostly a habit to consume it at this point…also, I’m a completionist with things I love or did at some point; if I ever get into a manga/TV show/band, I follow it until the end, whether bittersweet or just bitter :luffydab:

Meeyori

❀ 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 ❀
I'd like to see Oda dickgobblers explain why the reaper vs zoro and zoro visiting Ryuma's grave plot lines were completely forgotten
Well according to Greg…
Also the reason Oda didn’t address the grim reaper stuff and ryumas grave is to keep fans questioning about them (lol) and that Greg knows zoros lineage and doesn’t think it’s the right time in the story to address it.

Last point before I go.

Oda showed that Wano is a bad country.

Oda told that Wano is a good country through Wanonese people.

Conclusion: Wanonese are overly patriotic people who are fed propaganda and fail to see their flaws (just like pre WW2 Japan)

One of the best examples of show, not tell. Even Wanonese people's ignorance is shown through them telling "Wano is a good country".

If you thought Oda was trying to tell Wano was in a good situation because the characters verbalize these things, you missed the point.

Kids here need to be spoonfed. Showing without telling is harder for them to understand.

Reason I wrote in this format? Reading a whole paragraph might be hard for some people here.

after mellowing out , honestly, the worst part with yamato isnt the fact that she isnt joining the crew
its that 3 + yrs spent knowing this character with the hope she realizes she can adore oden while at the same time recognize she is also an entirely different individual.

what we got instead was a cringe moment of her inserting herself into a convo of momo talking about his late dad and then making a decision to stay based off what she thinks he would do (which is honestly inaccurate but oh well).
No words.

oden was such a flawed character in a way I assumed oda would use her to correct his faults. Maybe she stayed in wano cause oden turned his back to sail at sea when he should have protected it . I dont even get that this chapter. The reason she stays is just .....empty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.