Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Rogue One

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Solo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I probably never asked you guys about this. ( I might done it in the past who knows I have amnesia sometimes ).

Were you disappointed with the new trilogy?

Personally I was so fucking hyped when I heard that Star Wars will make it's huge comeback just to get kicked in the SW fan balls so hard.

I don't know what was behind Lucas's decision to leave the franchise. He wasn't Peter Jackson or James Cameron but his SW movies? I fucking loved them.

I even have this little feeling of "I won't forgive you for allowing someone to destroy this franchise".

What are your thoughts guys?

@Buusatan94 @RayanOO and etc.

I probably never asked you guys about this. ( I might done it in the past who knows I have amnesia sometimes ).

Personally I was so fucking hyped when I heard that Star Wars will make it's huge comeback just to get kicked in the SW fan balls so hard.

I don't know what was behind Lucas's decision to leave the franchise. He wasn't Peter Jackson or James Cameron but his SW movies? I fucking loved them.

I even have this little feeling of "I won't forgive you for allowing someone to destroy this franchise".

Lucas is old and probably had enough, he wants to enjoy life and use his billions of dollars

Like many persons I had grown up with not only the original films and the Prelogy but also the comics about the Clone Wars and SW Ancient lore before I began reading novels and discovered Thrawn, Darth Bane, the New Jedi Order and Legacy comics and others.

Evidently the selling of the franchise to Disney was immediatly a source of caution and frustration for me but I was willing to give them a chance of the new movies were really good. So I naturally went to watch The Force Awakens and despite not finding the story to be particulary impressive or interesting due to it being largely the same thing as the original trilogy and to Rey not being a particulary interesting character and Kylo Ren being basically a lesser quality clone of Jacen Solo I still liked the action and special effects.

While not that impressed I was still curious about the eight movie and gave it its try though the title "The Last Jedi" was immediatly a source of worry for me. And then I saw the movie and it was a long ice cold shower for me : the story was really bad, the characters annoying, the battles underwhelming with this ridiculous bomber scene for example or the Resistance using old and useless speeders against the First Order and Luke and Snoke characters being butchered, not counting Rey having turned into a total Mary Sue and the cringeworthy Rose and Finn moments.

TLJ basically killed any hope I had in Disney Star Wars trilogy and made me truly loathe Disney's acquisition of the franchise.

I did not even bother to go watch ROS, the title alone told me it wouldn't be really different from TLJ, that plus seeing the Death Star remains plus Palpatine being alive only made it worse. Plus the friends or fellow students who went to watch it told me it was shitty too so I was only comforted into ignoring it.