Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
I don't understand the argument that Zoro is a one dimensional character, or the argument that he has had no development throughout the manga. Zoro's entire character was pretty well defined and established from the beginning of the story. He's actually had consistent and organic character development throughout the entire manga. I have enjoyed how Oda keeps the core of Zoro's character consistent but peels away at his layers throughout the manga.

Wano has been amazing to read as a Zoro fan because the arc includes not only amazing feats for Zoro, but his emotional connection to the country of Wano, its citizens like Hyori, Toko, and Yasuie, the samurai, and of course Luffy.

In chapter 1033, Zoro remembers how he promised both Kuina and Luffy that he will be the WSS. But before that King has the upper hand against Zoro. Zoro has been close to death throughout Wano, and death isn't a concept that Zoro fears. When Zoro is trying to control Enma, he acknowledges that if he exudes too much haki it will kill him. I think at that moment, Zoro was comparing himself to Oden. At first Zoro believes that a swordsman should be able to control any sword. After all he has the will power. I don't think it's about control. I think a true swordsman develops a balanced harmony with their blade or blades.

Furthermore, I think Zoro was doubting himself. He got a second chance to fight again, but he hasn't figured out how to beat King. Ever since Thriller Bark, Zoro has put Luffy's dream ahead of his. He said that his dream was worthless if he couldn't help his captain achieve his dream. This is my headcanon, but I do think that taking Luffy's pain probably effected him more than he realized.

Chapter 1033 ending is great because so many things are coming together for Zoro. I love his affirmation that his dream does give him kingly ambition. Zoro isn't just a subordinate to Luffy. He will be the WSS because it's something his captain's expectation for him, and most importantly, his own expectation.