Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
B

Ballel

LUL sorry Mly but is not gonna happen. I just didn't like how Oda didn't give a damn about him: no portrayal, no hype, until he became Zoro's opponent. Oda setupped Zoro to fight Kaido during the whole Wano arc and didn't setupped King for any important fight. He can make King as strong as he wants him to be, he can give him advCoc, is too late to reveal it now and will taste bitter to me. He is just making a little copypasta of Kaido and I fear to know why.
Ifeel the same about King. He has a special racial background now, great. Still a bland character.

Hope Oda will make him terrifiying because there is nothing more scarier than a lethal assassin who can turns invisible
Perhaps is the fight which will require Zoro to open his closed eye? Or is he keeping the nerf for Mihawk? I am hyped enough ^^
If Zoro will ever open that eye don't see it happening against anyone other than Mihawk i also feel like it's some sort of training
And Shiryu was pretty damn scary before his df can't imagine what level he is at now :crazwhat:

If Zoro will ever open that eye don't see it happening against anyone other than Mihawk i also feel like it's some sort of training
And Shiryu was pretty damn scary before his df can't imagine what level he is at now :crazwhat:
if he can reach intangibility that is broken, like nothing beside a spatial slash attack will reach him.
We are entering obito realm if that happen :steef:

That would be one of the most broken df power, negating all damage because Shyriou is actually in a different realm so Zoro has to cut different realm :kata:

if he can reach intangibility that is broken, like nothing beside a spatial slash attack will reach him.
We are entering obito realm if that happen :steef:

That would be one of the most broken df power, negating all damage because Shyriou is actually in a different realm so Zoro has to cut different realm :kata:

I'm all for it Zoro did already say there is nothing he can't cut:myman:

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Quoting my post here, i see people thinking that Zoro used the same Shishi Sonson that he used in part 1, it's the upgraded version, the one he used to decapitate the PH dragon.
And King tanked that shit. :saden:
I am quite sure if it wasn't for his hax then that was done deal

But well that's why King is so good. Bitch has everything.

Add CoC and he will be a monster

I know many zoro fans hate the idea, but personally, I think it would probably be best if Shiryu was Zoro's greatest rival.

I mean Mihawk is great and all, and zoro can even fight and defeat him. But I just cannot see Zoro vs mihawk having any stakes beyond "Zoro fighting for his dream". Which is cool and all, but I legitimately cannot see how Mihawk is a compelling antagonist.

Shiryu seems like the evil version of zoro. Whereas zoro used to capture pirates for their bounties, Shiryu murdered them for fun. Whereas Zoro tames his swords, Shiryu has seemingly given in to his blades lust for blood. Zoro serves Luffy, Shiryu serves blackbeard.

I feel like most of the opposition to Shiryu being zoro's greatest enemy comes from the fact that Oda hasn't really hyped up shiryu yet.
Post automatically merged:

But like by portrayal, he was a top tier pre-skip and since then he got the suke suke no mi, which can be incredibly broken in the right hands.

Imagine if Shiryu could conceal his intents and his life energy via some sort of technique. He would be absolutely broken.

I think Shiryu defeats Mihawk and gains a black blade in the process.

I know many zoro fans hate the idea, but personally, I think it would probably be best if Shiryu was Zoro's greatest rival.

I mean Mihawk is great and all, and zoro can even fight and defeat him. But I just cannot see Zoro vs mihawk having any stakes beyond "Zoro fighting for his dream". Which is cool and all, but I legitimately cannot see how Mihawk is a compelling antagonist.

Shiryu seems like the evil version of zoro. Whereas zoro used to capture pirates for their bounties, Shiryu murdered them for fun. Whereas Zoro tames his swords, Shiryu has seemingly given in to his blades lust for blood. Zoro serves Luffy, Shiryu serves blackbeard.

I feel like most of the opposition to Shiryu being zoro's greatest enemy comes from the fact that Oda hasn't really hyped up shiryu yet.
Post automatically merged:

But like by portrayal, he was a top tier pre-skip and since then he got the suke suke no mi, which can be incredibly broken in the right hands.

Imagine if Shiryu could conceal his intents and his life energy via some sort of technique. He would be absolutely broken.

I think Shiryu defeats Mihawk and gains a black blade in the process.
let me start by saying i think there are multiple layers to zoro's character, but becoming stronger (his dream) is obviously the most important part.

mihawk had an insane introduction. the fight between him and zoro is amazing because it showed us the immense gap between zoro and the strongest swordsman in the world. honestly, this fight is what really got me into one piece at the time, i wanted to discover the journey zoro would go through to finally reach that level.

mihawk doesn't need to be a "compelling" antagonist in the way you mean. zoro wants to become the strongest and to do that he needs to surpass the current strongest, it's simple, but it is enough and not underwhelming in any way.

shiryu will be a significant obstacle on zoro's path of becoming the strongest (i think the 2 sides of swordsmanship presented by koushirou and kozaburo might come into play in their fight), and i have no doubt he will be a top tier (most likely a conqueror), but mihawk needs to be the ultimate obstacle, the current "king" of swordsmen that zoro will have to dethrone (to me this is what chapter 1033 implied). mihawk hype is crazy and we didn't even see him all out yet, zoro defeating many strong opponents before mihawk only adds up to the hype, and i think it should stay that way. zoro -> obstacles adding hype to mihawk -> mihawk the ultimate test. mihawk words to zoro in their first fight are really important.

sorry if this was worded poorly, i didn't have that much time to write this and my english is not that great.

let me start by saying i think there are multiple layers to zoro's character, but becoming stronger (his dream) is obviously the most important part.

mihawk had an insane introduction. the fight between him and zoro is amazing because it showed us the immense gap between zoro and the strongest swordsman in the world. honestly, this fight is what really got me into one piece at the time, i wanted to discover the journey zoro would go through to finally reach that level.

mihawk doesn't need to be a "compelling" antagonist in the way you mean. zoro wants to become the strongest and to do that he needs to surpass the current strongest, it's simple, but it is enough and not underwhelming in any way.

shiryu will be a significant obstacle on zoro's path of becoming the strongest (i think the 2 sides of swordsmanship presented by koushirou and kozaburo might come into play in their fight), and i have no doubt he will be a top tier (most likely a conqueror), but mihawk needs to be the ultimate obstacle, the current "king" of swordsmen that zoro will have to dethrone (to me this is what chapter 1033 implied). mihawk hype is crazy and we didn't even see him all out yet, zoro defeating many strong opponents before mihawk only adds up to the hype, and i think it should stay that way. zoro -> obstacles adding hype to mihawk -> mihawk the ultimate test. mihawk words to zoro in their first fight are really important.

sorry if this was worded poorly, i didn't have that much time to write this and my english is not that great.
Zoro's dream parallels Luffy

Mihawk parallels Shanks

Is Shanks going to be Luffy's ultimate obstacle? That was Luffy's dream, to surpass shanks and become PK. But yet nobody ever argues that one piece ends with SHs vs red hairs for obvious reasons. Shanks isn't an antagonist, and neither is mihawk. Given Shiryu's portrayal pre-skip as a borderline top tier. With a DF he should easily surpass most yonko and admirals. Its reasonable for Shiryu> mihawk if he got another power up(black blade).