Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Zoro's dream parallels Luffy

Mihawk parallels Shanks

Is Shanks going to be Luffy's ultimate obstacle? That was Luffy's dream, to surpass shanks and become PK. But yet nobody ever argues that one piece ends with SHs vs red hairs for obvious reasons. Shanks isn't an antagonist, and neither is mihawk. Given Shiryu's portrayal pre-skip as a borderline top tier. With a DF he should easily surpass most yonko and admirals. Its reasonable for Shiryu> mihawk if he got another power up(black blade).
Shiryu > Mihawk upset the whole narrative laid down by Oda for Zoro

Since beginning Zoro is chasing WSS.

This was brought up when Luffy recruited him.

Once Mihawk was introduced, zoro was shown to have clear goal in mind - to surpass Mihawk.

That fight clearly established that Mihawk is the one Zoro needs to defeat to become WSS - A narrative which still holds true (1034 chapters)

Zoro not fighting Mihawk would shit on Oda's writing and will completely wreck whatever is left of One Piece.

But, it won't happen. Zoro vs Mihawk is as concrete as Luffy being PK

Yes since Mihawk is no longer warlord then it definitely raise question that how zoro will fight him.

And, this is just another instance of Oda changing story to make it more unpredictable.

But this doesn't imply oda will put aside the narrative of past 1034 chapters when he didn't do so for other major plots

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Zoro's dream parallels Luffy

Mihawk parallels Shanks

Is Shanks going to be Luffy's ultimate obstacle? That was Luffy's dream, to surpass shanks and become PK. But yet nobody ever argues that one piece ends with SHs vs red hairs for obvious reasons. Shanks isn't an antagonist, and neither is mihawk. Given Shiryu's portrayal pre-skip as a borderline top tier. With a DF he should easily surpass most yonko and admirals. Its reasonable for Shiryu> mihawk if he got another power up(black blade).
For Shiryu to be Zoro's ultimate fight he needs to do one thing - prove that he is stronger than Mihawk.
Until he does that, he is not Zoro's ultimate target and it remains Mihawk.
Anyway, hoping for Shiryu to surpass Mihawk is silly. :feelsokeman:

Mihawk vs Zoro alreayd had place in Mihawk's mind.
At Baratie he was fodderazing Zoro, he needed nothing but a little knife to completely dominate that newbie. And yet, why is he sweating here? What is the point of that scared glare?
I believe in this panel we are witnessing at an insane display of CoO from Mihawk, whose observation is so advanced that allow him so see flashes of distant future. He just saw right in front of him that same newbie coming at him years later and taking from him his throne of the strongest.

Last edited:
It could just be Mihawk acknowledging Santoryu Ougi Sanzen Sekai as a legit threat since the move is the same even today.
Or as the planned nickname of Mihawk (clairvoyant) says, he could have had a vision of that move defeating him in future...
Yes those are the two possibilities. The first one is the more obvious. If this panel will never be deepened by Oda is because that was the plain meaning of it. However, in a sword fight every move can be lethal, and that Santoryu Ougi Sanzen Sekai in the end was counterattacked effortessly by Mihawk just like every other of the previous attacks of Zoro. And this is something that leave the reader at his first time surprised, confused and almost disappointent, precisesly because of that panel of a suddenly sweating Mihawk that comes just before the page revealing Zoro's defeat. A hyper confident and unbeatable swordman like him was suddenly scared by something that didn't actually represent a problem for him, and with his experience he should've known it. This is why I lean towards the vision, which also hypes me more. And a vison of the future in One Piece universe would be related to CoO.

Nothing till now has ever again made Mihawk sweat, and nothing surprised him yet.

For Shiryu to be Zoro's ultimate fight he needs to do one thing - prove that he is stronger than Mihawk.
Until he does that, he is not Zoro's ultimate target and it remains Mihawk.
Anyway, hoping for Shiryu to surpass Mihawk is silly. :feelsokeman:
why?

mihawk is friends with shanks, who will inevitably be targeted by blackbeard. Mihawk vs Shiryu will probably happen and I doubt Shiryu would lose.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Yes those are the two possibilities. The first one is the more obvious. If this panel will never be deepened by Oda is because that was the plain meaning of it. However, in a sword fight every move can be lethal, and that Santoryu Ougi Sanzen Sekai in the end was counterattacked effortessly by Mihawk just like every other of the previous attacks of Zoro. And this is something that leave the reader at his first time surprised, confused and almost disappointent, precisesly because of that panel of a suddenly sweating Mihawk that comes just before the page revealing Zoro's defeat. A hyper confident and unbeatable swordman like him was suddenly scared by something that didn't actually represent a problem for him, and with his experience he should've known it. This is why I lean towards the vision, which also hypes me more. And a vison of the future in One Piece universe would be related to CoO.

Nothing till now has ever again made Mihawk sweat, and nothing surprised him yet.
I'll tell you why that happened. Because back then one piece was gonna be much shorter. And mihawk was a lot closer to zoro.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
why?

mihawk is friends with shanks, who will inevitably be targeted by blackbeard. Mihawk vs Shiryu will probably happen and I doubt Shiryu would lose.
You might see why sooner than you expect.
Mihawk and Shanks arent friends, they just have respect for each other.
Whatever happens between RHP and BBP doesnt affect Mihawk.
The build-up between Zoro and Mihawk is the longest in the whole of One Piece.

I couldn't understand anything
Post automatically merged:
He is saying that Zoro is the VC captain, his action talk form itself, there is no need for a title. Zoro actions are enough to proof he is the VC captain.

Isnt interesting that the 3 first characters Luffy&Kobi&Zoro are highlight again and again.
Kobi is basically saying that this 2 will be above admiral level from the getgo, legends on their own :yearight:

世界最強! ブレぬ野望!!

The strongest in the world! Unwavering ambitions !!
:steef:, Zoro the strongest in the world!!! Unwavering ambitions!! And the community is talking about Kidd>Zoro ....:suresure:

Last edited:

He is saying that Zoro is the VC captain, his action talk form itself, there is no need for a title. Zoro actions are enough to proof he is the VC captain.

Isnt interesting that the 3 first characters Luffy&Kobi&Zoro are highlight again and again.
Kobi is basically saying that this 2 will be above admiral level from the getgo, legends on their own :yearight:

:steef:, Zoro the strongest in the world!!! Unwavering ambitions!! And the community is talking about Kidd>Zoro ....:suresure:
Point 17 is quite solid, never looked at things like that. But would make a lot of folks upset if it happened