Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
But how is the zoro sword awakening stuff any better than the Luffy Nika awakening stuff?
Zoro is not getting carried by anything, there's no comparison with Luffy.
I mentioned the sword because Link has a sword like Enma that only the worthy can use and it has a true form, then there's what @Cross_Marian posted and the fact that Link killed a dragon, it's all just a big coincidence. :kuzanshut:

Zoro is not getting carried by anything, there's no comparison with Luffy.
I mentioned the sword because Link has a sword like Enma that only the worthy can use and it has a true form, then there's what @Cross_Marian posted and the fact that Link killed a dragon, it's all just a big coincidence. :kuzanshut:
Ah ok, I didn't watch the series this character is from.

It doesn’t need to be "better"
I just want a badass and epic Zoro moment.
Ok. But don't be using double standards for Luffy/Zoro.

Wtf what double standards? The current writing in OP sucks.
Yeah I see your point.
I'm kinda divided RN.

In a way I'm looking forward to all the lore dump stuff thats going to happen but on the other hand the way oda paces his stuff is so bad. His fake hype and fake deaths are just annoying, he just writes for cheap thrills and hype scenes. It's not consistent.

He can deliver from time to time but he writes so much filler.
I still fail to understand why he thinks all this running is useful.

I like his symbolisms tho.

I wouldnt like if Zoro meets some ancestor that teaches him techniques. It would prove that inherited will=lineage, and this is what inherited will is exactly NOT about.

At this point it's not even confirmed that Zoro is a descendant of Ryuma or Ushimaru at all.
I personally think he isn't Ryuma's descendant.
Why would his similarities be blood related if Kawamatsu mentioned their one eye as something that connects Zoro and Ryuma?
You can't inherit an eye injury.

The "second coming of Ryuma" is like the "second Joyboy".

I misunderstood you perhaps. To me it sounded as if you rate zoro fate stuff>Luffy fate stuff.

Yeah I see your point.
I'm kinda divided RN.

In a way I'm looking forward to all the lore dump stuff thats going to happen but on the other hand the way oda paces his stuff is so bad. His fake hype and fake deaths are just annoying, he just writes for cheap thrills and hype scenes. It's not consistent.

He can deliver from time to time but he writes so much filler.
I still fail to understand why he thinks all this running is useful.

I like his symbolisms tho.

I wouldnt like if Zoro meets some ancestor that teaches him techniques. It would prove that inherited will=lineage, and this is what inherited will is exactly NOT about.

At this point it's not even confirmed that Zoro is a descendant of Ryuma or Ushimaru at all.
I personally think he isn't Ryuma's descendant.
Why would his similarities be blood related if Kawamatsu mentioned their one eye as something that connects Zoro and Ryuma?
You can't inherit an eye injury.

The "second coming of Ryuma" is like the "second Joyboy".

I misunderstood you perhaps. To me it sounded as if you rate zoro fate stuff>Luffy fate stuff.
Well, I think the prospect of the Zoro fate stuff should have less to do with some crazy OP retconned power and more to do with Zoro coincidentally acting in accordance with his Shimotsuki ancestors...that's why I feel it would sit better than the Luffy stuff

But if Zoro does have some kind of awakening type shit and it's similarly broken and retconned, then it would be unfair to praise it while criticizing the Luffy stuff

Well, I think the prospect of the Zoro fate stuff should have less to do with some crazy OP retconned power and more to do with Zoro coincidentally acting in accordance with his Shimotsuki ancestors...that's why I feel it would sit better than the Luffy stuff

But if Zoro does have some kind of awakening type shit and it's similarly broken and retconned, then it would be unfair to praise it while criticizing the Luffy stuff
I don't think it's retconned.
That "coincidentally acting in accordance" is bull.
You could as well say "Luffy is coincidentally acting in accordance with Joyboy".

I don't think it's retconned.
That "coincidentally acting in accordance" is bull.
You could as well say "Luffy is coincidentally acting in accordance with Joyboy".

My point about Zoro was that, until proven otherwise, he only shares similarities with Ryuma rather than being the literal reincarnation of Ryuma. At best, he may be revealed to be Ryuma's descendant

Luffy literally IS Joyboy beyond all reasonable doubt and there is even more that I can't say outside of the spoiler thread