Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
We need that Zoro - Shimotsuki lore, Oda.

I hope it's also connected to Ashura. I've been waiting on Ashura explanation and more Zoro backstory for years.
It'd kill two birds with one stone.
Yeah...Asura is just too weird, even for One Piece. Zoro doesn't have a Devil Fruit, and as far as we know Haki shouldn't be able to form the image of additional arms, heads, and swords. It also doesn't seem like something from Kitetsu, since Hitetsu failed to mention anything about it.

Some people seem to equate it with Zoro's "spirit"...but what in the world does that mean? :zorothink:

Would love to see a flashback of a Zoro interaction with Kozaburo. Now that would be bad ass
I wonder if Zoro would be somewhat respectful to Kozaburo. From what we've seen, Koshiro is the only person Zoro ever talks remotely respectfully to (calls him "Sensei"). Was he like that with Kozaburo too?

Yeah...Asura is just too weird, even for One Piece. Zoro doesn't have a Devil Fruit, and as far as we know Haki shouldn't be able to form the image of additional arms, heads, and swords. It also doesn't seem like something from Kitetsu, since Hitetsu failed to mention anything about it.

Some people seem to equate it with Zoro's "spirit"...but what in the world does that mean? :zorothink:

I wonder if Zoro would be somewhat respectful to Kozaburo. From what we've seen, Koshiro is the only person Zoro ever talks remotely respectfully to (calls him "Sensei"). Was he like that with Kozaburo too?

I think that's his most badass part is that aura to scare anyone when he actually tries.

I think he calls Kozaburo sensei.

This war is gonna show us the true Zoro and the full extent of his aura

Worst

Custom title
Do u guys think Mihawk saw Ashura in action? I mean he sure pushed Zoro to his limits, what if he send a serious attack like "block this or you're not worth my time" then Zoro used Ashura to block it and he managed to block most of the power from the attack but a part of it managed to hit zoro and thats why he have a scar?

Do u guys think Mihawk saw Ashura in action? I mean he sure pushed Zoro to his limits, what if he send a serious attack like "block this or you're not worth my time" then Zoro used Ashura to block it and he managed to block most of the power from the attack but a part of it managed to hit zoro and thats why he have a scar?
This is a very good question. The suspects of Mihawk scarring Zoro are there just like him possessing a new power up, it's entirely up to Oda's geniality to let every piece of the puzzle fit together.

Somehow I doubt Mihawk gave him a second scar though.

Worst

Custom title
This is a very good question. The suspects of Mihawk scarring Zoro are there just like him possessing a new power up, it's entirely up to Oda's geniality to let every piece of the puzzle fit together.

Somehow I doubt Mihawk gave him a second scar though.
Idk man if he didnt got that scar from Mihawk and was from the monkeys thats a problem xD

Cuz we know almost nothing about Ashura like what happens to Zoro when he uses it? It's just a technique that he is aware of? Or it's like a sort of spirit/demon (maybe related to the swords?) that "possesses" him when he reaches the limits of his limits? Like what if Mihawk was pushing Zoro rly hard to his limits and Zoro unconsciously used it attacking Mihawk who had to get a little more serious and scarred him again? That would be cool cuz on East Blue knowing current power levels we know that Mihawk was just screwing around, if that's the explanation (Zoro forcing Mihawk to get serious and counterattack) well that would be hype....

Bogard

You can't win
What do you guys think of the connections between Zoro, Ryuma and Shimotsuki overall?

One of the thing that lack the most this arc imo is the development around Ryuma

The first time Wano was mentioned was through zombie Ryuma's origin in TB, a Ryuma who was the protagonist of Oda's one shot before writing One Piece

So i thought we'd get to know more about him this arc, but outside of few instances here and there talking about robbery of his corpse and Sword God, we didn't get to know much about him, with Oda focusing much more on Oden

Even with Toki who came from the void century and thus giving a good opportunity to have some Ryuma development, it got wasted with her getting barely developed

Good thing though is that Ryuma is a Shimotsuki and although Oda implied he'd not talk much about that part of the story, maybe we could maybe get a glimpse of it

However with Oda's writing so far, i don't have much trust in it. He developed Oden to be a much more important character in the arc, but i guess it makes sense since he was more linked to Kaido

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Probably not, Zoro probably didnt use it against Mihawk to have something hidden up his sleeve when he ends up facing him in the end.
Why Mihawk gave him the eye scar is certainly interesting, probably to force him to keep it closed or something...

Worst

Custom title
What do you guys think of the connections between Zoro, Ryuma and Shimotsuki overall?

One of the thing that lack the most this arc imo is the development around Ryuma

The first time Wano was mentioned was through zombie Ryuma's origin in TB, a Ryuma who was the protagonist of Oda's one shot before writing One Piece

So i thought we'd get to know more about him this arc, but outside of few instances here and there talking about robbery of his corpse and Sword God, we didn't get to know much about him, with Oda focusing much more on Oden

Even with Toki who came from the void century and thus giving a good opportunity to have some Ryuma development, it got wasted with her getting barely developed

Good thing though is that Ryuma is a Shimotsuki and although Oda implied he'd not talk much about that part of the story, maybe we could maybe get a glimpse of it

However with Oda's writing so far, i don't have much trust in it. He developed Oden to be a much more important character in the arc, but i guess it makes sense since he was more linked to Kaido
It kinda makes sense not to know too much about Ryuma during this arc bc he is dead since centuries xD so the only infos we might get are some stories from Wano's citizens and maybe a confirmation that Ryuma is Zoro's ancestor, and i think would be cool and a lot f hype , what the hell "descendant of the Sword God himself"! :finally:

Zoro is heavily implied to be connected with the shimotsuki. Whether he is a part of them or just grew up in the village that had their name is unknown. But I really want to know where the hell zoro came from before he entered the village. The man was like 10-11 and his only flashback is uptil that time.

Sade

Berserk

I think that if We are getting something on Ryuma it will be at the end of the arc after the battle of Onigashima, maybe when Zoro Will be visiting his grave ? I refuse to believe that Oda off paneled It, also He has yet to finish the lore about "forging" a black blade since it was conventionally interrupted.

If Oda won't focus on it more, I would have preferred to not reveal all that stuff in the SBS honestly, because Ryuma / Shimotszuki lore is worth to be focused in the actual story / manga and not just in a SBS.

I personally think that Zoro is the second Ryuma and that he is one of his descendants which is why Shusui chose him as a new master in TB :goyea:

I guess, if Oda does not off paneled it, that we will have more infos about it when Zoro will see Ryuma’s grave :memehm:

I personally think that Zoro is the second Ryuma and that he is one of his descendants which is why Shusui chose him as a new master in TB :goyea:

I guess, if Oda does not off paneled it, that we will have more infos about it when Zoro will see Ryuma’s grave :memehm:
Yes also I don't buy the theory of Shusui granting Asura. That would mean anyone with Shusui could use it. Nothing implies that honestly.

Imo there's a descendancy that has still been foreshadowed by Oda.