Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
50/50

If they defeat Kaido what’s stopping him from coming back to Wano ?

But if they kill him that’ll put an end to him for good

I’m also 50/50 on Zoro doing the job he has been the most dragon centric character so it’s possible, but can Oda really take the light off Luffy ?

I remember one character poll Oda’s statement was he doesn’t want Luffys popularity to be lower than any one else’s so it’s a toss up for me.

does Oda need to say every arc is that persons arc? Each straw hat has gotten their own arc by how focus they were given. how is wano not zoros arc? Hes literally gotten the most focus and done the most in wano.
To me it isn't Zoros arc. He is one of characters that have been in focus "for a bit", like here and there, just like everyone else. Sure he got the Shusui story, was involved with Tama, then the thing with Hiyori and Enma. Sanji got to use his raid suit, had fights and feats and that pervert bathhouse scene. Robin was in focus on the banquet in Orochis castle. Luffy got his own story with Tama, then the whole Udon plot. Law had plot focusing around Hawkins.

I don't feel that Zoro has done really "more". Sure, he is a swordsman, sure there were things about Shusui. But it wasn't anything deep. To me it's just a normal arc like other ones. So I don't see what you guys are seeing.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
To me it isn't Zoros arc. He is one of characters that have been in focus "for a bit", like here and there, just like everyone else. Sure he got the Shusui story, was involved with Tama, then the thing with Hiyori and Enma. Sanji got to use his raid suit, had fights and feats and that pervert bathhouse scene. Robin was in focus on the banquet in Orochis castle. Luffy got his own story with Tama, then the whole Udon plot. Law had plot focusing around Hawkins.

I don't feel that Zoro has done really "more". Sure, he is a swordsman, sure there were things about Shusui. But it wasn't anything deep. To me it's just a normal arc like other ones. So I don't see what you guys are seeing.
Sure zoros been involved in the arc from the start only second in panel time to luffy
Sure zoro maybe a shimotsuki
Sure zoros village are descendants of wano citizens
Sure zoro met yasu and formed a bond
Sure zoro saw the plight of the citizens of wano in ebisu
Sure zoro saved odens daughter
Sure zoro who already had ties through shusui to wano
Sure zoro got odens sword and will (kawamatsu tells us sword carries wills)
Sure zoro has many parallels to oden
Etc

Huh i dont see it either.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭

Zoro has had much more panel time than other characters. Luffy has had the most panel time, second is Zoro and third is Oden. Zoro has gotten a much larger share of panel time this arc than he normally gets.
Zoro's combat encounters so far:
  • Vs the magistrate and Samurai fodder
  • Vs fodder before meeting Luffy
  • Vs Hawkins and his troops
  • Vs Gyukimaru
  • Vs Kamazou & Gyukimaru
  • Vs Kyoshiro
  • Vs Oniwabanshu Ninja
  • Vs Gyukimaru again
  • Vs Apoo & Beast Pirate Fodder

Even in panel time and plot importance, Zoro has had the deepest connections to some of the most important characters in this arc:
  • Shimotsuki Yasuie
    • Zoro bonded with him and has sworn to avenge him.
      • Zoro rarely fights for revenge.
  • Kozuki Hiyori
    • He rescued and bonded with her.
    • She explained to him the suffering of Ebisu Town and confessed her desire to kill Orochi.
    • He received Enma from her.
  • Orochi
    • Zoro attacked him.
    • Zoro swore that he would not forgive him.
  • Kozuki Oden
    • Zoro received his blade Enma
      • It has been hypothesised that he may surpass Oden and blacken the blade.

Sure zoros been involved in the arc from the start only second in panel time to luffy
Sure zoro maybe a shimotsuki
Sure zoros village are descendants of wano citizens
Sure zoro met yasu and formed a bond
Sure zoro saw the plight of the citizens of wano in ebisu
Sure zoro saved odens daughter
Sure zoro who already had ties through shusui to wano
Sure zoro got odens sword and will (kawamatsu tells us sword carries wills)
Sure zoro has many parallels to oden
Etc

Huh i dont see it either.
Well guess what. To me that is simply called plot about Zoro, but that doesn't make it Zoros arc. Just because there was a lot of focus on Vivi in Alabasta it doesn't make it Vivis arc to me either. Just because the whole Marineford arc was about rescuing Ace it isn't Ace' arc to me. You get what I mean?

Sure, I see that Zoro did more than I count before. Sure, I see that we got some background information about Shimotsuki village, the place of Zoros flashbacks. And yes, it is about swords and samurai. But that's it to me. I just don't feel like interpreting too much into it and then expect specific things that make no sense to me.

Even in panel time and plot importance, Zoro has had the deepest connections to some of the most important characters in this arc:
  • Shimotsuki Yasuie
    • Zoro has sworn to avenge him.
  • Kozuki Hiyori
    • He received Enma from her.
  • Orochi
    • Zoro attacked him.
    • Zoro swore that he would not forgive him.
  • Kozuki Oden
    • Zoro received his blade Enma
      • It has been hypothesised that he may surpass Oden and blacken the blade.
I do see that it is showing that he grows as a character, that we get more insight onto him, which is nice. But it still isn't the criteria to me that this is Zoros arc. I don't say all those things are worthless or don't count. But to me it still just doesn't feel much of a Zoro centered arc to me. I reread whole act 2 and act 3 today again and he got scenes, yea, but it felt really natural in flow, and not that distinctive overall.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Hmm. I actually never asked you this.

What do you think about Zoro's Three Swords Style? ( I'm not asking if you think it is cool or not )

Do you think it will take away from Zoro's victory over Mihawk ( who is using only one sword ) in the future?

Is Zoro strongest with his 3 swords? ( Santoryu= Top? Nitoryu= Mid? Ittoryu= Low? )

Is taking one sword away from him a massive downgrade for him?

What is your take on this?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Hmm. I actually never asked you this.

What do you think about Zoro's Three Swords Style? ( I'm not asking if you think it is cool or not )

Do you think it will take away from Zoro's victory over Mihawk ( who is using only one sword ) in the future?

Is Zoro strongest with his 3 swords? ( Santoryu= Top? Nitoryu= Mid? Ittoryu= Low? )

Is taking one sword away from him a massive downgrade for him?

What is your take on this?
Santoryu mid diffs Nitoryu, Nitoryu mid (maybe lower mid) diffs Itoryu.

Zoro is known for Santoryu, defeating Mihawk with it would be only fitting.