Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree.

Spider-Man is the worst victim of the MCU model. Didn't watch the new one, but the first was ridiculous with the amount of references to other films i never watched AND IT WAS THE FIRST ONE.

MCU is not for me dude
It's so funny to me that a One Piece fan thinks like that.

One Piece's entire thing is based off on how Oda slowlys builds the world which each arc, even if the arcs are different / equal in many ways.

That's basically the Marvel formula, just in movies instead of Manga / Anime.

It's like going into Water 7 without watching anything before that and saying it's trash.

The MCU movies are not designed to be standalone movies, it's that simple.

Come on man, this is not true at all

- Initial part of the film is funny for sure. But then it gets very claustrophobic very quickly. There is a point where Peter realizes he's ruining his best friend and MJs lives.

- Daredevil scene is actually excellent and feels like a continuation of the Netflix show (because it is)

- He goes to Dr. Strange, being a dumb kid, yes, he fucks up the spell. Also being a dumb kid, he never spoke to the MIT lady. But Strange is like us, gets pissed off and send him on his way.

- First Doc Oc scene is fantastic. Then we learn about the multiversal villains who spilled through. Then a decent scene with Elektro and Sandman. Yes, expository dialogue is needed here for people who have never seen the older films. It's necessary.

- Peter vs Strange in the Mirror Dimension was an excellent moment. You can see Peter's spider-sense physically being emitted when he's in Astral form, it's sick

- THEN the movie completely changes in mood the moment Peter is in the apartment, his senses go off, and he can't tell which villain is actually trying to kill him and may. It's extremely tense and well directed. The entire fight with Goblin that ensues is one of the best/most visually violent fight scenes the MCU has done. It FELT like Daredevil's hallway fights but with super people powerbombing each other through floors instead.

- The entire back half of the movie is just completely changes after this point. Sure, there are light moments with the other spider-men, but the dialogue is on point and the completely new low Peter experiences is super well done.

- The entire second half of curing the villains is integral to May's last words. Also him asking Strange to have everyone forget who he is ties to the beginning of the film on how he looks at his friends.

-The movie COULD have been all fanservice, but everything has a reason for why it's integrated into the plot. Imo, the movie is FAR less quippy than it could have been, especially during the serious scenes.

There is a reason is has the highest cinema score that rarely any MCU movie achieves and one of the higher RT and Metacritic scores as well.
You made up half this movie in your head. This isn't an accurate description of the tone or events. The reason it has good scores is because it's a mashup of a bunch of crap people remembered from 20 years ago when the movies were better.

Peter is responsible for everything bad that happens in the movie and the ending is him causing more damage to his friends. It's sanjis "I have to do this alone and not trust anyone" but instead of the lesson being that no Sanji, you're not thinking straight, you have to trust your friends and real family, the lesson is yes you're right, everyone else sucks and you have to assume they're better off without you. He cares more about saving mass murdering psychopaths than he does about saving aunt may, then goes back on this and tries to murder goblin anyway! Nothing makes any sense, it's a light show with bad emotional writing from psychopaths.

Couldn't disagree more lol, i think the writers did a perfect job on making every villain have different motivations and still work for the final fight.

Electro - Felt stronger and better with this world's energy, stopped looking like a dumb fuck and wanted to stay in that world, so wanted to stop Peter from sending him back. Got even more powerful with the Arc Reactor, makes perfect sense.

Doc Ock - Still crazy / controlled by his arms, trying to complete his machine, but gets stopped and helped by Peter, in the end decides to return the favor and help them. He also reacted to the Arc Reactor Tony made, which makes perfect sense, since it is exactly what he wanted to make in Spider-Man 2, infinite clear energy.

Green Goblin - Still crazy because of his transformation from his original film, in fact No Way Home made the two identities (Norman / Goblin) better than even, Dafoe ruled that shit.

Sandman - Still was friends with Peter at the start, because Peter helped him in the end of Spider-Man 3 and just wanted to go home to his daughter, since he couldn't go home until Peter finished curing the rest (because Peter wanted to do that shit), he had to turn on Peter and try to get the relic so he could press it, because he didn't believe Peter would be able to take care of the rest of the villains alone.

Lizard - This one is just shit, can't do much about him, just a crazy as fucker lizard that didn't want to be "fixed".

:kayneshrug:
Reaching there for Sandman and Doc Ock
Neither of them had any reason to leave (or in the case of Sandman betray Peter) and Octavius was properly cured the first time.

Completely agree.

Spider-Man is the worst victim of the MCU model. Didn't watch the new one, but the first was ridiculous with the amount of references to other films i never watched AND IT WAS THE FIRST ONE.

MCU is not for me dude
Funny thing is the 3rd movie is referencing OTHER spider-man films, not MCU films, and ends in a place where I'm pretty sure you want it to (just based on your comment).

But oh well, missing out:kayneshrug:

It's so funny to me that a One Piece fan thinks like that.

One Piece's entire thing is based off on how Oda slowlys builds the world which each arc, even if the arcs are different / equal in many ways.

That's basically the Marvel formula, just in movies instead of Manga / Anime.

It's like going into Water 7 without watching anything before that and saying it's trash.

The MCU movies are not designed to be standalone movies, it's that simple.
Except for the fact One Piece's arcs are always decent unlike MCU

You made up half this movie in your head. This isn't an accurate description of the tone or events. The reason it has good scores is because it's a mashup of a bunch of crap people remembered from 20 years ago when the movies were better.
??? You can literally read and watch reviews who discuss the points I make in much finer detail.

I didn't make up shit lmao

Like I said, there is a REASON it is one of the highest critically rated MCU films.

Edit: regarding your spoiler edit, Peter's mistakes and trying to do better are EXACTLY what Spider-Man is all about. Maybe you just don't get Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.