Speculations The calamities will be defeated by the scabbards

Don't look over formula every arc, just look formula in every SAGA. In Alabasta and Enies Lobby, almost all straw hat got 1v1 fight
in Skypiea Wiper defeated one of Enel's Priests, In Thriller Park only Zoro Sanji and Usopp got one on ones.
Then you have Gin defeating Pearl, the guy who was humiliating Sanji, with a single hit

So even before the Timeskip that formula wasn't the only one

Don't look over formula every arc, just look formula in every SAGA. In Alabasta and Enies Lobby, almost all straw hat got 1v1 fight
alabasta and ennies lobby. that was 13 and 18 years ago. why don't you look recently in Yonko saga like WCI PH and dresdrosa?

the point is we can't use any formula here.
2 weeks ago 80% person ppl here not believe kanjuro and orochi not die bcause another of "oda formula" . but some swaying after latest chapter. same happen to Pedro.

Last edited:
Only ones should win a fight is Denjiro kinemon sulong neko and inu and ashura
Kin shouldn't be in that co. The real heavy weights of the scarbards is Neko, Inu, Denijiro Kawamatsu and Ashura. The last three were stated to be equal the. Inu went ahead and stalemated Ashura. It was also heavily implied the scarbards who were left behind grewn stronger as the years passed while the likes of Kin are basically as strong as they were 20yrs ago.

Kin shouldn't be in that co. The real heavy weights of the scarbards is Neko, Inu, Denijiro Kawamatsu and Ashura. The last three were stated to be equal the. Inu went ahead and stalemated Ashura. It was also heavily implied the scarbards who were left behind grewn stronger as the years passed while the likes of Kin are basically as strong as they were 20yrs ago.
Makes me wonder how strong Kinemon would be if he stayed behind

Power levels:
Kyoshiro -> between Queen and Jack
Inu / Neko (Sulong form) -> Who's Who (Strongest F6 imo)
Ashura / Kawamatsu -> FS level
Kin -> Probably a bit below F6 level (he skipped 20 years, will not be on the level of Kyoshiro and co)
Zoro -> equal to Jack, maybe a bit below
Sanji -> equal to Who's Who

Who fights which calamity?
Queen vs Kid
King vs Marco + some additional help
Jack vs Inu-Neko-Sulong tag team

I expect the next chapter to be quite dark for the Scabbards :o

J

Jo_Ndule

Oda would make retainers take down 2 or 3 of Kaido top fighters like his Law and kyros took out 3 executives
Retainers have personal beef with Kaido like Law and kyros had.
The onky other ones to have such personal beef are Kidd, Yamato and Luffy.

It was the grand Fleet, law and kyros who defeated most enemies
Just like it was fishmen, Germa and firerank efforts that saved Strawhats
Kidd, Yamato and law are the ones who will do the most work after Luffy.

alabasta and ennies lobby. that was 13 and 18 years ago. why don't you look recently in Yonko saga like WCI PH and dresdrosa?
PH wasn't a major arc imo. There wasn't even a main villain group there. It was the intro to Dressrosa.

Dressrosa and WCI, Oda decided to split up the SHs so naturally some side characters will have fights.

WCI was like an anomaly where Oda couldn't decide to do a regular arc or heist arc. So only Luffy ended up fighting. Also there were a lot of inconsistencies in storytelling. I don't doubt that there may have been some weird things going on behind the scenes.

I think Wano is the first major arc where everyone is together. Oda is not constrained by time, a lot of thought went into planning this final battle. It all started with Law's goal at PH.

There might be small team ups but the SHs will be the main saviours.

People are about to be in for a very rude awakening. This is the very first time since fishman island that the entire Straw Hat crew has been there to face the enemy and their forces.

Now, of course other people are going to elp because there are a large number of enemies. Last chapter was just the very beginning of the fight not in the end.

To be honest the Scabbards should be capable of beating the Calamities.

Jack couldnt even beat base Inu or Neko. Imagine them fighting him in their Sulong forms, that’d be straight domination.

Ashura Douji (maybe with help from Kiku) should be able to take care of Queen. Ashura Douji basically rekt Jack with ease so he should at least be YC2 level.

Then Denjiro should be able to beat King with Kinemon help. Denjiro is probably the strongest samurai in Wano and Kinemon can cut fire which is King’s main element.

I disagree.
It's been over 20 years and The Strawhats have always been the saviors of the most arcs, side characters ambitions,personal grudge, powerlevel, dreams and emotional investment have bee never a reason allowing them to overshadow the Strawhats' accomplishments or to "steal" opponents from them.
Vivi, Wiper, Pauly, Lola, Kyros and even Law....none of them was allowed to do so.

pre-skip and post skip is kinda different.

In dressrosa, you basically had it to where side characters got fights over the main characters. Where Kyros took out a main member of Doffy's crew whereas sanji didn't. Oda has been putting a lot more emphasis on side characters in post-skip and the scabbards in particular are not just normal side characters.

Unless they are all taken out next chapter, which I highly doubt as we haven't even seen inu and neko's su long forms, they will play a pivotal role in this arc. Toki's prophecy said as much.

The straw hats will overshadow them in that they will take out the yonko themselves. Zoro and Luffy, along with one or two others, will take out kaido. Sanji and jinbe will play a major role in defeating big mom. And they will take out some veterans as well.

I just don't see what the point is of having this alliance in the first place, if every major character will supposedly be taken out by a straw hat.

The fact of the matter is that there are so many characters in wano kuni that in order to give most of them a chance to shine, there will most likely be many tag teams. And people don't like this because they want zoro and sanji to get their extreme diff 1v1s and I just don't know if Oda really cares about it that much, when compared to fans.

also, we still have no idea what happened to the vinsmoke family. It makes literally no sense to me as to why Sanji would rather fight queen than the people who killed pedro and potentially killed his sister. At the very least, I'd think he'd face them in order to try to find out what happened to the vinsmokes. Not to mention the fact that the big mom pirates threatened zeff.

Same with jinbe. The big mom pirates are a threat to fishman island. Why wouldn't he face the big mom pirates?

As i already stated somewhere else. They should.
This is their fight, they want revenge. They can go 3v1 on each calamity after their defeat against kaido.
But i wont be mad if this wont happen. Just my wishful thinking.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
They lack the power to defeat them

Best fighters they have make it barely to YC3.5 level

Calamities are way better than that on average

also, we still have no idea what happened to the vinsmoke family. It makes literally no sense to me as to why Sanji would rather fight queen than the people who killed pedro and potentially killed his sister. At the very least, I'd think he'd face them in order to try to find out what happened to the vinsmokes. Not to mention the fact that the big mom pirates threatened zeff.
Because he Doesn't hit women so Smoothie and Big Mom herself are off limits

And there is no way Sanji's first proper fight since Fishman Island is Perospero, it would be completely boring since Perospero's powers would be fucked by Sanji's flames