General & Others The go to lines for any criticisms targeted at One Piece

I read Naruto, Tokyo Ghoul, Demon Slayer, so many other mangas weekly and guess what I didn't have the same issues with them as I did One Piece. Also, I reread Dressrosa and WCI and it was even worse in the reread because you notice lots of pointless story lines.
I'm crying, Tokyo Ghoul? The trash ass emo series with werido characters being introduced every arc? The only good thing about that series was Jason and he died early.

So this is when we should define pace because I think you and I have different definitions.
Yeah, I guess it's different definitions.

If you're looking just at isolated Luffy for example, it takes him endless chapters to go from point A to point B. We hyperfocus on these things so people say "the pace is bad".

That's not the pace though, in those chapters that it takes Luffy to get from point A to point B, you have packed action and focus on many other characters which are all in motion. Pace is very fast.

It's about you not caring about Scabbards or Minks for example that's the issue. The core of the problem is writing of certain side characters that got a lot of attention (not all).

I even kinda liked Fishman Island other than the Hody Jones nonsense.
You what, that's the worst OP chapter :believe:

Yeah, I guess it's different definitions.

If you're looking just at isolated Luffy for example, it takes him endless chapters to go from point A to point B. We hyperfocus on these things so people say "the pace is bad".

That's not the pace though, in those chapters that it takes Luffy to get from point A to point B, you have packed action and focus on many other characters which are all in motion. Pace is very fast.

It's about you not caring about Scabbards or Minks for example that's the issue. The core of the problem is writing of certain side characters that got a lot of attention (not all).
But I have said many times that I do care about the Scabbards and the problem I have with Wano is how Oda treats these characters. That is one of the reasons why I hate it. Denjiro has been missing for over a year. Ashura, who is he again? Kamawatzu hasn't done anything. Kinemon being a prevalent character for almost a decade has been treated like crap where now he is reduced down to making fart noises again.

And for pacing, my definition is, "the rate in which the story progresses and if those story lines have benefits to the actual plot". There is a reason why Oda had to apologize about WCI being so long because "he kept adding new and new ideas", that is an example of bad pacing that Oda essentially admitted to.
You what, that's the worst OP chapter :believe:
Nah, I think Fishman Island gets way too much unncessary hate lol. Yes, I agree Hody Jones was terrible but the amount of lore given to the readers in that arc was the most in any arc outside Sabaody. Also, the character interactions between Nami and Jinbei was handled great. The backstory of racism treatment of Fishman and Celestial Dragon were great.

I hate the Scabbards lol

Lmao you see, that is the reason why Wano is a mess. Scabbards are actually characters that the fandom should be enjoying but Oda is treating them like crap. The reader's have no emotional connection the characters which is a bad thing.

Lmao you see, that is the reason why Wano is a mess. Scabbards are actually characters that the fandom should be enjoying but Oda is treating them like crap. The reader's have no emotional connection the characters which is a bad thing.
Yeah, I think they're badly written and there's too many of them while they don't do anything. Even Kin'emon who I care about has turned into meh over the silly Oden wank.

I just blame it on the fact that Oda wants to make Wano and samurai the tribute and equivalent to Japan and is trying hard to make it relevant in the OP world, so relevant that it looks badly set, especially with the forcefully implanted Oden importance (with Roger's crew, with Whitebeard's crew).

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I frel a lot of criticism is unjustified :josad:

Wano Pace itself isn't the main issue for example, it's rather the intrinsic content constituting the substantial difference