General & Others The Great Debate - Will Luffy Solo Kaido this Arc?

Do you think Luffy will solo Kaido?

• A) He will beat him 1vs1

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • B) It will be a tag-team

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • C) Little of A) and B)

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • D) Kaido's nerfed (assuming Luffy's not equally nerfed)

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • E) A combo between B), C), and D), but the story pretends he 1vs1

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • F) Other

Votes: 6 6.0%

• Total voters
Have faith my friend. Asura Zoro was at least YC1 on Dressrosa. He was capable of making Issho move a few meters in base. Imagine Asura mode.
I've been saying this since DR and was laughed at and used in signatures in OJ...I even believed (and still do) that all out Zoro is YC1+ and will be Admiral-/Yonko- after Wano.
Can't believe that some still think he is YC3 or worse lol

Of course my boy luffy will kick kaido's ass alone.
Who else can even hurt kaido? Luffy is the strongest CoA user in the alliance and probably only 2 or 3 other people can hurt kaido effectively.
Just sit and watch the power of the future pirate king.
Post automatically merged:

I've been saying this since DR and was laughed at and used in signatures in OJ...I even believed (and still do) that all out Zoro is YC1+ and will be Admiral-/Yonko- after Wano.
Can't believe that some still think he is YC3 or worse lol
If he is yonko level at the end of wano, that puts him at mihawk's level already and luffy at pirate king level, who the hell are they going to fight then?

Luffy probably can block him with advanced CoA lvl1 and can hurt him with its lvl2. Additionally he has FS. I think he has everything he needs to dominate the fight against base Kaido atleast. Might even break his club with adv lvl2. I don't even think that having the upper hand against base Kaido is really that outlandish tbh. A big chunk of his overall power will depend on his df aswell.
And that's where it gets interesting. Who knows what kinda beast he becomes if he pulls out his hybrid mode and his awakening (if Zoan awakening has an activation dependent gimmick). That's where the real show begins.
It's legit the strongest Zoan stat wise and comparatively far far far weaker Zoans like the ancient ones, seem already very powerful.
His df transformation will lead us to the next/highest lvl inverse and that's where scaling can't really tell how exactly nowadays Luffy would fare against him tbh. Punching power and advanced haki is seemingly stackable. So it might be that hybrid Kaido requires those new KKG moves to get beaten, which would mean that Luffy somehow also has to get rid of that time limit.

All in all I think that he probably can handle his dragon and base form, but for Kaido's A game he imo needs a further PU.

Last edited:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
If he is yonko level at the end of wano, that puts him at mihawk's level already and luffy at pirate king level, who the hell are they going to fight then?
When Zoro takes on Mihawk, he cant be miles behind him but at his level otherwise he doesnt stand a chance.
There is no PK level.
Just because they end up strong doesnt mean the world bows down to them, the obstacles remain. Just because they end up strong, doesnt mean they can take clean hits or that top tiers dont represent a problem for them anymore. Top tiers are still a problem but it would be unusual from Oda to not make them underdogs in any fight.

When Zoro takes on Mihawk, he cant be miles behind him but at his level otherwise he doesnt stand a chance.
There is no PK level.
Just because they end up strong doesnt mean the world bows down to them, the obstacles remain. Just because they end up strong, doesnt mean they can take clean hits or that top tiers dont represent a problem for them anymore. Top tiers are still a problem but it would be unusual from Oda to not make them underdogs in any fight.
The man with the title of pirate king will be the strongest character and was the strongest of his era. So if zoro is yonko level and luffy pirate king level after wano then there is no challenge left for them. Doesn't mean they can't take damages but still they are already too strong for their next opponents.
Do you really think shiryu is yonko level? And blackbeard isn't at pirate king level yet either.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
The man with the title of pirate king will be the strongest character and was the strongest of his era. So if zoro is yonko level and luffy pirate king level after wano then there is no challenge left for them. Doesn't mean they can't take damages but still they are already too strong for their next opponents.
Do you really think shiryu is yonko level? And blackbeard isn't at pirate king level yet either.
You dont invent or reach new power lvl when you become PK, it is a navigation title showing that one reached Raftel.
In Roger's case it represented the one who explored all seas, Luffy wont do that, he didnt explore a lot of it.

Whether Luffy will be the strongest or not depends whether Oda wants to make Zoro and/or final villain and even Kaido stronger than EoS Luffy. Roger wasnt strongest of his era with Whitebeard around, at best his equal.
There is challenge left for them, any Admiral or Yonko, Mihawk is still a challenge, individuals which can kill them with a single hit. 2vs1 situation and they both are screwed. War setting like Marineford where cheap shots happen doesnt care how strong one is.
Blackbeard will never surpass Kaido imo and Shiryu will be/is around Admiral level.
I dont know what you even mean with PK level when such thing doesnt exist and represents something else...

You dont invent or reach new power lvl when you become PK, it is a navigation title showing that one reached Raftel.
In Roger's case it represented the one who explored all seas, Luffy wont do that, he didnt explore a lot of it.

Whether Luffy will be the strongest or not depends whether Oda wants to make Zoro and/or final villain and even Kaido stronger than EoS Luffy. Roger wasnt strongest of his era with Whitebeard around, at best his equal.
There is challenge left for them, any Admiral or Yonko, Mihawk is still a challenge, individuals which can kill them with a single hit. 2vs1 situation and they both are screwed. War setting like Marineford where cheap shots happen doesnt care how strong one is.
Blackbeard will never surpass Kaido imo and Shiryu will be/is around Admiral level.
I dont know what you even mean with PK level when such thing doesnt exist and represents something else...
Why would he make zoro stronger than luffy? Zoro is luffy's subordinate.
So basically what you are saying is that zoro after wano is the strongest character in One piece. Sorry I don't buy it.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Why would he make zoro stronger than luffy? Zoro is luffy's subordinate.
So basically what you are saying is that zoro after wano is the strongest character in One piece. Sorry I don't buy it.
Being in Luffy's crew is what stops Zoro from being stronger?
Because Zoro is a character who is all about strength and combat, the character who pursues power. It would be strange to make such character the strongest?

Being in Luffy's crew is what stops Zoro from being stronger?
Because Zoro is a character who is all about strength and combat, the character who pursues power. It would be strange to make such character the strongest?
Yes. And yes. He won't be the strongest. The 2nd strongest is alright. No shame in that.
Post automatically merged:

So Kid's just there to look pretty? What is this silliness?
He can have apoo.